Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Nightclubs in Cork

Options
  • 25-02-2013 9:54pm
    Registered Users Posts: 11,791 ✭✭✭✭

Just trying to work out what clubs are left in Cork city these days and what nights they're open and stuff. Have a list here. Does this seem right to everyone? If I've left out any/put in wrong details, let me know!

Cubins (Tues, Thurs, Fri, Sat and Sun).

Eclipse (Thurs, Fri, Sat)

Havanas (Every night)

Roxy (Thurs, Fri, Sat)

Savoy (Tues, Thurs, Fri, Sat)

Bodega (Every night but open to 2am only Thurs - Sat)

Bowery (Fri, Sat, Sun but closed at 1am on Sun)

Is that everywhere?

I know a club called Voodoo is opening next month where Gorbys was and Freakscene is supposed to come back on Wednesday nights at some stage but think that's everywhere..

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 7,544 ✭✭✭Hogzy

The Pavillion?

• Registered Users Posts: 1,718 ✭✭✭johnayo

Does this mean that Chandras is gone:pac::pac::pac:

• Registered Users Posts: 2,613 ✭✭✭evilivor

BDSM opening soon on North Main Street.

• Registered Users Posts: 11,791 ✭✭✭✭Eod100

Hogzy wrote: »
    The Pavillion?

Oh yeah forgot about there, thanks!Not sure if I'd call it a club though, more of a late bar but guess there's a fine line!

johnayo wrote: »
    Does this mean that Chandras is gone:pac::pac::pac:

I'm afraid so! :P
    evilivor wrote: »

Thought you were winding me up until I googled it! :P

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,521 ✭✭✭JustRoss23

what about the liquid lounge?:o didnt that use to be the cit college nightclub?:D

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 11,791 ✭✭✭✭Eod100

JustRoss23 wrote: »
    what about the liquid lounge?:o didnt that use to be the cit college nightclub?:D

Think that's closed for a while now. CIT club these days would be either Cubins or Eclipse I guess..

• Registered Users Posts: 14,309 ✭✭✭✭SteelyDanJalapeno

Pav is definitely a club upstairs

• Registered Users Posts: 3,570 ✭✭✭rebel.ranter

What about Crane Lane & City Limits?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 14,158 ✭✭✭✭hufpc8w3adnk65

evilivor wrote: »
    Where?

• Registered Users Posts: 2,613 ✭✭✭evilivor

Where?

Macs Meats. Next to the Vicarstown.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 153 ✭✭pabloazazel

Can you write which are free and which you have to pay?

• Registered Users Posts: 444 ✭✭AEDIC

and also which are for kids and which are for erm..(cough) older people :)

• Registered Users Posts: 332 ✭✭HeadPig

Not trying to be a nob, but where do the wealthier folk in cork go on nights out...I guess which spots are the posh ones?

HeadPig wrote: »
    Not trying to be a nob, but where do the wealthier folk in cork go on nights out...I guess which spots are the posh ones?

Bodega has the swanky feeling but wealthy people dont exactly go there per se. Its 23's and is a fantasticly impressive venue. Corks clubs are catagorised by age group rather than wealth.

• Registered Users Posts: 776 ✭✭✭Judes

Re. "Voodoo" opening soon, was asking the owner about age profile and he said 23 Up............ I asked him to define "Up" as I'm double'ish that age and he said way Up - so I would be quite comfortable going there. And if the atmosphere is anything like "Electric" which caters for all ages, I'll be heading along. Just because I am a certain age doesn't mean I'm ready for the scrap heap yet :D I find that Cork Clubs are like Creches these days. In the 80's when I was the "young'un" Night Clubs had a huge range of ages and it was brill as you could mix/talk with all sorts of people - as you can in other types of Clubs i.e. sports/theatre/political. So come on kiddies - give us a bit of space to show you all how it's done! J

• Registered Users Posts: 5,393 ✭✭✭ofcork

Was actually talking to one of the owners last week,laughed about the fact it is 20 years this year we first started going to a club in that place.

• Registered Users Posts: 278 ✭✭Douglas Eegit

Judes wrote: »
    Re. "Voodoo" opening soon, was asking the owner about age profile and he said 23 Up............ I asked him to define "Up" as I'm double'ish that age and he said way Up - so I would be quite comfortable going there. And if the atmosphere is anything like "Electric" which caters for all ages, I'll be heading along. Just because I am a certain age doesn't mean I'm ready for the scrap heap yet :D I find that Cork Clubs are like Creches these days. In the 80's when I was the "young'un" Night Clubs had a huge range of ages and it was brill as you could mix/talk with all sorts of people - as you can in other types of Clubs i.e. sports/theatre/political. So come on kiddies - give us a bit of space to show you all how it's done! J

Electric is over 25s so doesn't cater to all people.

Plenty of night clubs in town which cater for a more broad age ranging clientele, Bowery, bodega and savoy.
    You also have the option of going to crane lane and old oak for a late bar options which also cater for a broader age diversity!

Electric is over 25s so doesn't cater to all people.

What? No its not!!! Its 23's

Hogzy wrote: »

What? No its not!!! Its 23's
    Must have changed since they opened. Was originally over 25s.

• Registered Users Posts: 9,252 ✭✭✭FTA69

Yep it was 25s once upon a time, I worked a few nights on the door at Electric when I wasn't old enough myself to get in there. Gas. Great gaff though and they always gave the bouncers free coffee and sandwiches.

Crane Lane is a late bar not a club but is still the best venue in town in my opinion.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 14,158 ✭✭✭✭hufpc8w3adnk65

Was talking too the head doorman of Voodoo today i asked what kinda crowd yer going for?Is it students?He said no... from 23-40...more mature then collage students

MrMac84 wrote: »
    Was talking too the head doorman of Voodoo today i asked what kinda crowd yer going for?Is it students?He said no... from 23-40...more mature then collage students

Bowery type crowd so!

Advertisement