Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

2nd Year Science hours?

Options
  • 25-02-2013 10:16pm
    Registered Users Posts: 2

Hey, I'm thinking of transfering to UCD science next year and i was wondering how many hours there would be in a given week? Any info would be greatly appreciated :)
    Tagged:

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 581 ✭✭✭Ruski

What stream? I know in physics you'd be going in around 20-24 hours a week with labs and tutorials and all.

• Registered Users Posts: 2 Alex_McAnders

Yes actually, that's perfect :) physics is what I hope to transfer into. Would you recommend the course?

• Registered Users Posts: 581 ✭✭✭Ruski

It's pretty good. I'm not doing physics now (I chose to do Applied and Computational Maths instead, which is just Mathematical Physics), but I did TP in first and second year and I liked it. Everyone's really friendly and there's a lot of interaction with the lecturers.

Labs are tough, especially after second year. Maybe part of it is that they haven't been updated in quite a while and the experiments are pretty old. Of course with classes they're hit and miss. Some of them are great, others not so much.

Advertisement