Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

quietest air pump

Options
  • 25-02-2013 11:30pm
    Registered Users Posts: 3,404 ✭✭✭

As above whats the quietest air pump

Comments

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 15,858 ✭✭✭✭paddy147

corkgsxr wrote: »
    As above whats the quietest air pump

Well for our Discuss tank its the TetraTec APS 150 pump....by a mile.:)

Eheim was noisy as feck.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,468 ✭✭✭CruelCoin

paddy147 wrote: »
    Well for our Discuss tank its the TetraTec APS 150 pump....by a mile.:)

Eheim was noisy as feck.

I have TetraTec and am happy with it also.

One note OP:

I have my pump suspended from the ceiling by a piece of string, so that it's not resting on the wall, but hanging a centimetre from it. This means the unit cannot vibrate off the wall and makes it a helluva lot quieter. Hope this helps.

• Registered Users Posts: 43 schriss

I have an Eheim, it has rubber feet and is near silent unless you come really close to it.

• Registered Users Posts: 831 ✭✭✭damon5

Eheim all the way,have one running around 4 years now http://www.zooplus.ie/shop/fish/filters_pumps/eheim_filters/pumps/126278

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 15,858 ✭✭✭✭paddy147

Can I say thouigh that the bigger the pump then the noisier it will be.

We (myself and my girlfriend) tried out several different new Eheims and Tetra-Tecs...and as the pump size increased,so too did the noise.

And Im not kidding here either.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 831 ✭✭✭damon5

Im running the twin outlet 3704 very reliable and not noisy at all,eheim are a very well known brand name and their heaters IMO are second to none too :)

http://www.eheim.com/en_GB/products/technology/aquarium-heaters

Advertisement