Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Dublin Bike Show for safety gear?

• 25-02-2013 11:40pm
    Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 677 ✭✭✭

Hey,

I just completed my IBT so next step will be to get kitted out head to toe and find a bike. Did the training on a 600 Bandit and loved it so leaning towards one of those although insurance doesn't look too promising! (I'm 25)

I won't be getting anything done until the weekend so do you guys think it'd be worth dropping into the Bike Show to get all the gear? Do you think I'd get a better deal than say strolling into Cotter's?

Won't be looking for the best of the best gear now, but not going cheap either. Will be looking for textile waterproof jacket and pants, helmet, gloves, boots the lot. I hear the brand Richa thrown around here a lot as an inexpensive reputable brand so will be keeping an eye out for them.

Any guidance would be appreciated and shout if you think I'd be better off sticking to a Dublin shop.

Cheers,

DM

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 953 ✭✭✭Nodster

Cotter's have a stand at the Show

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 677 ✭✭✭M450

Cheers it had just occurred to me that they should be there anyway. Found the full list of who's there on the site. So I guess it's good timing for me, I can get quite a lot of choice in one place

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 320 ✭✭thebishop

Got 4 entry tickets for this show for Friday only.If anyone wants em .Free to good home. PM me and ill post em .

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 15,858 ✭✭✭✭paddy147

Is 15 euro per adult entry fee (in this day and age) not taking the pi55 somewhat???

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,155 ✭✭✭Stainless_Steel

Anyone know if you need to book tickets in advance or can you pay at the door?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 10,013 ✭✭✭✭Wonda-Boy

paddy147 wrote: »
    Is 15 euro per adult entry fee (in this day and age) not taking the pi55 somewhat???

It was €20 for an adult at the Belfast show...I paid it coz I taught it was gonna be a HUGE event :rolleyes: turns out it was average at best. Dont be expecting a great show lads, no bargains up north. But you might get one on the cotter stand if ya haggle.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 10,013 ✭✭✭✭Wonda-Boy

Anyone know if you need to book tickets in advance or can you pay at the door?

You can deffo pay at the door m8

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,571 ✭✭✭The Don

Just make sure the gear you're getting is Gore-Tex. There should be plenty of bargain's to be had there.

Advertisement