Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

SBR Cranky Thread

Options

Comments

• Subscribers Posts: 19,425 ✭✭✭✭Oryx

Kurt Godel wrote: »
    Ok, I've got a proper cranky.

Stupid "mud fun runs" being posted here lowers the tone. They've got nothing to do with SBR, nothing to do with AR, and nothing to do with hybrid multisport "messing". They're jokey pub challenges where everyones a winner; kick 'em out I say.
    You know, Ive never seen you and tunney in the same room.

Tyler, is that you??

• Registered Users Posts: 12,583 ✭✭✭✭tunney

Stupid "mud fun runs" being posted here lowers the tone. They've got nothing to do with SBR, nothing to do with AR, and nothing to do with hybrid multisport "messing". They're jokey pub challenges where everyones a winner; kick 'em out I say.
    Oryx wrote: »
    You know, Ive never seen you and tunney in the same room.

Tyler, is that you??

I was actually just trying to figure out if he was taking the piss out of me or not.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,361 ✭✭✭Kurt Godel

tunney wrote: »
    I was actually just trying to figure out if he was taking the piss out of me or not.

Nope!

I dislike "everyone's a winner" joke commercial events disguised as achievement. If someone wants to get proper mucky and race, do your best in an IMRA race. Make's me cranky that T/D/AR is a dumping ground for that crap.

Nope!

I dislike "everyone's a winner" joke commercial events disguised as achievement. If someone wants to get proper mucky and race, do your best in an IMRA race. Make's me cranky that T/D/AR is a dumping ground for that crap.

I like you.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,827 ✭✭✭griffin100

I like you.

It'll pass!!!

• Advertisement

griffin100 wrote: »
    It'll pass!!!

Sleep deprivation!

• Registered Users Posts: 6,888 ✭✭✭Dory Dory

I like you.

I think that may be the nicest thing I've ever seen Tunney post. Kurt, I think you've just broken through.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 7,454 ✭✭✭hf4z6sqo7vjngi

So was having fun racing today. Bike racing in Clonard and taken out and ended up in the nee naw. Bruised, battered and covered in road rash.
    A large portion of people racing A4 need to learn how to ride their bikes -end rant

• Subscribers Posts: 19,425 ✭✭✭✭Oryx

So was having fun racing today. Bike racing in Clonard and taken out and ended up in the nee naw. Bruised, battered and covered in road rash.
    A large portion of people racing A4 need to learn how to ride their bikes -end rant
    I just did whatever the opposite of the thanks button is. :( If it wasn't for bad luck you'd have none.

My mammy would tell you you should have yourself blessed!

• Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 20,366 Mod ✭✭✭✭RacoonQueen

Ouch. Hope you're alright.

[/nicey stuff]

Do you want a lend of stabilisers?

kingQuez has some :)

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,210 ✭✭✭kingQuez

Do you want a lend of stabilisers?

kingQuez has some :)

ah here, leave it out!

• Registered Users Posts: 4,101 ✭✭✭Bambaata

I got drunk Saturday night and missed a long bike Sunday morning!! :-( I did manage 1 of the 3 planned hours but still, ruined a decent week's training!

• Registered Users Posts: 1,304 ✭✭✭Chartsengrafs

After 5 weeks my arm's still fvcked.

kingQuez wrote: »
    ah here, leave it out!

I was referring to how young you are that you must still have your stabilisers.

Gee, try to pay a guy a compliment.. :(

I got banned form slowtwitch for this post
    http://forum.slowtwitch.com/gforum.cgi?post=4465102

A serious post and all.

Queried it with Dan Empfield to say "look a serious post, didn't mean to offend" Got this back

"don't apologize if i took offense. apologize for what you did, if you think you did something wrong. don't apologize if you don't think you did anything wrong. but then live with the consequences. what you want is content for free. life doesn't work that way.

Dan Empfield
    aka Slowman"

Still trying to figure out why I got banned

IP based banning so just use a proxy but pain in the hole

• Registered Users Posts: 1,907 ✭✭✭woody1

in a similar vein

"Are you afraid that adventure racing might not be for you? Do you fear lining up alongside growling men and Amazonian women? Not any more"

womens only gaelforce, womens only races in general, which there seem to be more and more of.... annoys my feckin head

• Registered Users Posts: 1,121 ✭✭✭Fazz

I got banned form slowtwitch for this post
    http://forum.slowtwitch.com/gforum.cgi?post=4465102

A serious post and all.

Queried it with Dan Empfield to say "look a serious post, didn't mean to offend" Got this back

"don't apologize if i took offense. apologize for what you did, if you think you did something wrong. don't apologize if you don't think you did anything wrong. but then live with the consequences. what you want is content for free. life doesn't work that way.

Dan Empfield
    aka Slowman"

Still trying to figure out why I got banned

IP based banning so just use a proxy but pain in the hole

Pretty obvious really no?

He makes his living from adverts and provides a load of free content and quality articles/interviews etc IMO.

So for an open thread on the site flagging the ability to disable ads and thus prevent or at least cause inconvenience to potential future advertising etc.
    not really on is it?

That's my take anyway.

I don't mind the ads myself. Sure even on here there's similar as to be expected really.

Fazz wrote: »
    Pretty obvious really no?

He makes his living from adverts and provides a load of free content and quality articles/interviews etc IMO.

So for an open thread on the site flagging the ability to disable ads and thus prevent or at least cause inconvenience to potential future advertising etc.
    not really on is it?

That's my take anyway.

I don't mind the ads myself. Sure even on here there's similar as to be expected really.

I don't see the ads on here :)

Yeah hadn't thought that that's how it would come across. Few PMs back and forth and its obvious that's how he took it.

As I said to him I, and I am sure others, want to whitelist but with 6-7 animated gifs on the page, not a chance 4-5 stack and 2-3 animated then yes I'd whitelist. Thats what I was trying to convey. Hadn't thought for a second that people didn't know of adblock

Adblock temporarily unpaused here. Not as intrusive. one ad. Nothing flashes.........

• Registered Users Posts: 5,468 ✭✭✭sconhome

I don't see the ads on here :)

One of many Subscriber benefits :)

• Advertisement

One of many Subscriber benefits :)

The main one of course being access to the sex forum.

Five kids of vomiting kids. Three of which had a which Glenda was in the same boat. Two of them I was sick too.

Everything I own has vomit on it.

Word heard today- "Funathlon"

Worst. Portmanteau. Ever.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,827 ✭✭✭griffin100

I plan on having one of those with the wife when the kids are gone to bed :)

• Registered Users Posts: 8,208 ✭✭✭shotgunmcos

My finger is too fat to hit the thanks button on an iPad :( I miss training...

• Registered Users Posts: 2,320 ✭✭✭MrCreosote

Swim Bike Fun!

Cough. :(

Sore knee. :(:(

Insomnia. :(:(:(

• Registered Users Posts: 1,210 ✭✭✭kingQuez

cold+tired+sore throat hit me the other day after id been feeling great.. was on a roll with some consistent training; should have known it wouldnt last. bleugh.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,126 ✭✭✭Trig1

Man flu, the worst type of flu.... prob too much training done yesterday:(

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 8,208 ✭✭✭shotgunmcos

Day 5 of 10 on the steroids and its still not shifting. 10 minute cycle to work into cold headwind was a bad idea today :mad::(

Advertisement