Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Bord Gais Query regarding bill

• 26-02-2013 12:37am
    Registered Users Posts: 1,820 ✭✭✭

Just wondering if anyone has noticed a jump in there Gas Bills lately

i have a 3 bed terraced house, 3 bedrooms, we use the gas for heating and hot water the cooking is electricity , but i have noticed its costing between 27-30 euro a week ?

i turn the hot water on around 8 am , and about 3.30 i turn on the heating and then i turn them both off at 11.00pm ,

Does this seem a bit dear ???

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 595 ✭✭✭Steve O

Thats Gas.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 10,968 ✭✭✭✭Praetorian Saighdiuir

Steve O wrote: »
    Thats Gas.

Wahey!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,232 ✭✭✭ITS_A_BADGER

Id say head over to consumer issues fourm they might be able to help or ring board gais and ask em to explain your bill

• Registered Users Posts: 650 ✭✭✭csallmighty

Steve O wrote: »
    Thats Gas.

Feck ya! You beat me to it! :pac:

• Closed Accounts Posts: 88,972 ✭✭✭✭mike65

faolteam wrote: »

i have a 3 bed terraced house, 3 bedrooms, we use the gas for heating and hot water the cooking is electricity , but i have noticed its costing between 27-30 euro a week ?

i turn the hot water on around 8 am , and about 3.30 i turn on the heating and then i turn them both off at 11.00pm ,

Did you check to see if its actual reading or an estimate? The latter can be wildly wrong.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,952 ✭✭✭Lando Griffin

Id say head over to consumer issues fourm they might be able to help or ring board gais and ask em to explain your bill
    Thats back seat modding if I ever saw it.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 34,788 ✭✭✭✭krudler

didnt they jack up the prices? our one was huge last month

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,232 ✭✭✭ITS_A_BADGER

By trying to help him? geez sorry i wont bother next time

• Closed Accounts Posts: 88,972 ✭✭✭✭mike65

Are you an idiot only between 11 and midnight or all of the day?

• Registered Users Posts: 591 ✭✭✭spankysue

Ya mean ya have the Immersion on from 8am to 11pm??? No wonder it's costing you a fortune! Is it on Bath or Sink? :pac:

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 33,710 ✭✭✭✭Princess Consuela Bananahammock

I had a huge electricity bill once, it turned out to be my neighbour pilfering my electricity to grow his hash plants. But that was Berlin. Perhaps you neighbour is a Nazi?

Everything I don't like is either woke or fascist - possibly both - pick one.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 18,159 ✭✭✭✭phasers

I use a prepaid meter and the cost has jumped significantly in the past month or so. We used to get over a week out of 20 quid, now its costing us 30 and we barely get the week out of it with the same usage.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,846 ✭✭✭Fromthetrees

Now you're doing it too.

Ha.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,952 ✭✭✭Lando Griffin

mike65 wrote: »

Are you an idiot only between 11 and midnight or all of the day?
    By day do you mean when it bright day or by date day?

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 329 ✭✭Cereal Number

faolteam wrote: »

You came to the right place, take a seat, for tonight faolteam, this is your life

DA DA DAH DA DA DA DAH DAH DAH DAA DAA DAAADAADADAAADDAAA

DA DA DA DA DA DAAHHHHHH (Ryan tubridys grin he is a knob, bet he has no problem paying his bills arshhole)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 797 ✭✭✭Dwork

Would it be mad altogether to suggest you give Bord Gais a ring and ask them what's the story, seeing as they're the one sending you the bigger bill?

• Registered Users Posts: 1,820 ✭✭✭faolteam

Dwork wrote: »
    Would it be mad altogether to suggest you give Bord Gais a ring and ask them what's the story, seeing as they're the one sending you the bigger bill?

Im just asking does 27-30 euro a week seem high thats all , im asking ?

How much does your Gas Cost a Week

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 240 ✭✭The Barefoot Pizza Thief

phasers wrote: »
    I use a prepaid meter and the cost has jumped significantly in the past month or so. We used to get over a week out of 20 quid, now its costing us 30 and we barely get the week out of it with the same usage.

People using prepay meters get ripped off royally.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,822 ✭✭✭stimpson

Try running the gas off the electricity and the electricity off the gas.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,820 ✭✭✭faolteam

stimpson wrote: »
    Try running the gas off the electricity and the electricity off the gas.

can u explain that one ?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,148 ✭✭✭orchidsrpretty

I have a 3 bed semi, my bill would be about 25p.w. I'm with bord gais also. That would be the months between October and February. The rest of the year it would be about 15p.w.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 225 ✭✭SicklySweet

Ours is €32.50 per week (Oct-Jan ). They've been harassing my mother for the past week to pay her bill even though when she gets the bill she pays €50 a week. Looks like it's time to switch. Ridiculous people. :rolleyes:

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,957 ✭✭✭miss no stars

yeah ours is gone up hugely. 3 bed, big, 1970s un-insulated apartment with single glazing (with nobody living in the adjoining apartment so effectively fcuking detatched). Just got the bill there yesterday, €300 for mid December to mid February :( It was that for mid-December to mid March last year so yeah, the price has gone up a good bit. Naturally enough, I'm also skeptical about the new meters that are being put in. Think I'll have a good nosey at it today and make sure the reading matches what they have on the bill.

Lads, it's cold out. Of course it's going to be more expensive to heat your house.

Go up to bonkers.ie and stick in your details. I switched to Bord Gais for electricity and Flogas for gas recently and I'd say it's going to save me about €250 over the year.

Current rates for gas are up here:

http://www.moneyguideireland.com/category/gas-prices

Lads, it's cold out. Of course it's going to be more expensive to heat your house.

Wow ya don't say! It's cold out! Jesus I hadn't noticed :rolleyes:

The difference is that it was cold out last year and didn't cost nearly as much, even with the heating on the same setting...

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 1,203 ✭✭✭sfwcork

Its all Enda's fault

give me a call

his number is 01-asshole

Wow ya don't say! It's cold out! Jesus I hadn't noticed :rolleyes:

The difference is that it was cold out last year and didn't cost nearly as much, even with the heating on the same setting...

Wow! Really? It costs more?

It's almost like the price of energy has gone up or something!!! :eek:

Sarcasm is like a second language to me, dear.

Wow! Really? It costs more?

It's almost like the price of energy has gone up or something!!! :eek:

Sarcasm is like a second language to me, dear.

Sure isn't that what the thread is about! MY god we're making big strides here.

Sure isn't that what the thread is about! MY god we're making big strides here.

You really are. Your mother must be so proud.

• Advertisement

Certainly plenty of posts here breaking the "being a dick" rule, it's so easy not be one.

OP, you might get some better answers here.

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement