Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Liberty Insurance + BOI and Direct Debit

Options
  • 26-02-2013 12:41am
    Registered Users Posts: 120 ✭✭

Okay so basically I have been with Liberty insurance for over 10 years. On Dec 14th 2012 my daughter accidently cancelled my directs through the website. I contacted them the next day to reset it up. They said that they could do it over the phone. Turns out I get a call and a guy very aggressively says that no DD was set up. I said the name and where this woman said she was from (call center). So they send another mandate. Turns out that if you have the same ref it will automatically deny the application for a DD. Since the ref number is my policy number Liberty Insurance will not change the policy number unless I cancel my account. BOI says they can do nothing either. Now Liberty keeps saying contact BOI but BOI say they can do nothing because it is a contract between BOI and Liberty not me! So now I contact Liberty and we instead put the DD on my daughters account. Since there is an outstanding debt of €30 she pays with her card and gives her name. She then gives her name again and sets up the bank account details. May I add this woman is being very hostile and sarcastic. I got a letter today even though it is dated on the 18th. It has the right account number BUT it has MY NAME!

I want to honestly cry. I want to give them my money! Why will they just not take it and be done with it. Please please help me. I don't know what to do anymore. This is the 4th month now!!

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 17 Liberty Insurance: Aine

Hi Thraxen

Sorry to hear what's happened. I'd like to get this sorted for you as quickly as possible. Can you PM me your details and we'll get working on it? Thanks

Aine

• Registered Users Posts: 1,229 ✭✭✭Sadderday

Did you get sorted on this?

I had the exact same problem. Liberty and BOI also. Since no-one initially knew how to help me on the Liberty phoneline I thought my incident was isolated and it seems not to be after all.

I hope Liberty will educate their frontline staff to pay more attention on understanding the query which is relayed to them.

I got sorted eventually but am not happy with the way I was spoken to by staff, I was not treated fairly. In fairness Liberty staff should be well aware of this situation and anticipate such an issue arising.  Will be moving to a different insurer next year. In this instance I actually had to prompt Liberty to issue me a different reference number and disc and send back the old one etc etc. This option had only arisen after a number of phonecalls and letters.

I shall be moving to a different insurer next year, how did your situation pan out?

Thanks

• Closed Accounts Posts: 17 Liberty Insurance: Aine

Hi Sadderday,
    Sorry to hear you have had the same issue but I’m glad to hear that it’s resolved. It's a very rare occurrence, but we'll ensure our service agents are aware in the event of any further instances.  If you have any other issues on your policy please come back to me. 

Thraxen wrote: »
    Okay so basically I have been with Liberty insurance for over 10 years. On Dec 14th 2012 my daughter accidently cancelled my directs through the website. I contacted them the next day to reset it up. They said that they could do it over the phone. Turns out I get a call and a guy very aggressively says that no DD was set up. I said the name and where this woman said she was from (call center). So they send another mandate. Turns out that if you have the same ref it will automatically deny the application for a DD. Since the ref number is my policy number Liberty Insurance will not change the policy number unless I cancel my account. BOI says they can do nothing either. Now Liberty keeps saying contact BOI but BOI say they can do nothing because it is a contract between BOI and Liberty not me! So now I contact Liberty and we instead put the DD on my daughters account. Since there is an outstanding debt of €30 she pays with her card and gives her name. She then gives her name again and sets up the bank account details. May I add this woman is being very hostile and sarcastic. I got a letter today even though it is dated on the 18th. It has the right account number BUT it has MY NAME!I want to honestly cry. I want to give them my money! Why will they just not take it and be done with it. Please please help me. I don't know what to do anymore. This is the 4th month now!!

Thraxen
    We never received a message with further details from you .  Do you still need help with this? 

Aine

Advertisement