Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

visa while in Oz

Options
  • 26-02-2013 7:20am
    Registered Users Posts: 1

hi All

hope my first post is taken up as being promoting illegal activities but I have a friend that has overstayed their tourist visa in Australia by 4 years and now has found themself in a serious relationship with an Australian Citizen..both of them are unsure about what chances they have of getting a defacto visa...
    Has anyone else ever been in this situation before ? or would it be too hard for them to get it sorted out ?

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 6,240 ✭✭✭hussey

Overstaying visas can have serious consequences
    http://www.irishecho.com.au/2013/02/26/overstayer-hit-with-bill-for-deportation/23655

My suggestion would be to talk to a visa agent.

• Registered Users Posts: 812 ✭✭✭rightyabe

Lol..4 years.. Must of had a dead battery in his clock.

I knew a fella who overstayed a tourist visa by 3 or so years, was dating a Ozzie bird for about 2 years and never bothered to get de facto sorted. He was running in a marathon one day and had a heart attack, nearly died as his brain was starved of oxygen for a long time. When he came around a week or 2 later he was kindly warned by a policeman that as soon as the doctor cleared him to fly that he would be on the first plane and that the security in the hospital were aware of this also.

Maybe if he got married now, left soon after and then return on another tourist visa. Something similar was on boarder security on Sunday night..

Advertisement