Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Eircom Webmail - How to prevent messages remaining online?

Options
  • 26-02-2013 9:39am
    Registered Users Posts: 3,407 ✭✭✭

I've noticed for the last while that when I download emails from my Eircom account to Outlook, the messages (or copies of them) still remain in my Eircom webmail Inbox.

This means that if I'm ever away from my computer and have to access email via (for example) my iPhone, I have to trawl through a lot of email.

Can I alter settings so that when I download to Outlook, email is no longer online?

Thanks.

D.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 65,457 ✭✭✭✭unkel
    Chauffe, Marcel, chauffe!

Yes you can. It depends on the version of Outlook exactly how to go about it. Find your account in Outlook (in Outlook 2010 and 2013 it is under file -> account)

Then select your account and go to settings and click on the change button. Then click on more settings and there should be a tab called advanced where you have a tickbox "leave copy of messages on the server"

Just untick that box and Bob is your uncle :)

• Registered Users Posts: 3,407 ✭✭✭Dinarius

Cheers!

I opted to leave a copy on the server for 5 days.

Many thanks!

D.

Advertisement