Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Recommendation - fire / fake chimney breast removal

Options
2»

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 73 ✭✭the Lamb Post

Looks great... really got me thinking now.

Also REALLY curious about the bathroom. Did you extend it?? There's no way you could get a separate shower AND a bigger bath in my bathroom.

Jimjay, if you wouldn't mind could you PM me Stephen's number please, would much rather have the work carried out by a local, as well as someone who now knows the pitfalls.

I assume you obviously had to get someone registered to cap off the gas etc. or did Stephen do everything for you?

Thanks a million.

• Registered Users Posts: 800 ✭✭✭Jimjay

Looks great... really got me thinking now.

Also REALLY curious about the bathroom. Did you extend it?? There's no way you could get a separate shower AND a bigger bath in my bathroom.

Jimjay, if you wouldn't mind could you PM me Stephen's number please, would much rather have the work carried out by a local, as well as someone who now knows the pitfalls.

I assume you obviously had to get someone registered to cap off the gas etc. or did Stephen do everything for you?

Thanks a million.

Will send you his number.
    No extension :-)

Stephen arranged a gas registered plumber to sort the gas pipe in chimney and also do the plumbing in bathroom.

Bath was moved to end wall, gap between bath and hot press used for shower and toilet and sink moved over a bit towards the door.
    Old bath was 1700mm x 700mm new is 1800mm x 800mm

It is a wet room spec, the walls and floor were replaced and fibreglassed lined to water seal the whole room. We will be getting a frameless shower door which folds back against hotpress wall but its a custom built thing.

Here are the pics.
    274956.jpg

274957.jpg

274958.jpg

• Registered Users Posts: 5,663 ✭✭✭Charlie-Bravo

Fantastic job Jimjay - Using a 14mm-24mm lense by any chance? ;)

I would like to have a chat with you about this offline...

-. . ...- . .-. / --. --- -. -. .- / --. .. ...- . / -.-- --- ..- / ..- .--.

astrofluff wrote: »
    Fantastic job Jimjay - Using a 14mm-24mm lense by any chance? ;)

I would like to have a chat with you about this offline...

10-22mm actually :-)

no problem give me a call or pm.

• Registered Users Posts: 298 ✭✭tp25

Did you leave the box on the wall for the reason, e.g. the gas valve location?

I wonder why you didn't try to make this wall completely flat e.g. without the box?

• Advertisement

tp25 wrote: »

I wonder why you didn't try to make this wall completely flat e.g. without the box?

Post #2

astrofluff wrote: »
    Post #2

in two bed's?

The soil pipe as far as I know runs straight down through the kitchen (the box which is in the kitchen).

I've seen these boxes in all kitchens, does jimjay have a different setup?

If the kitchen is in the front of the house then yes. This is a living room in the front of the house. The pipe goes through all 'front rooms' of the 2 beds!

that's true, the ''designer'' of these layouts was really ''smart'' by sticking these pipes wherever he could..

tp25 wrote: »

Hi. Would loved to have a flat wall but the box contains the down pipe for waste from bathroom above.
    Cheers

• Advertisement
Advertisement