Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Resigning as a company Director

Options
  • 26-02-2013 10:44am
    Registered Users Posts: 46

I am thinking about resigning as a company Director and I have some questions:

* What happens to my shares? I'm not interested in keeping them, so can I give up my shares or is it automatic when I resign as a Director?

* According to the current legislation, is the other Director allowed to remain the only Director of the company?

Thanks!

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,091 ✭✭✭Peterdalkey

Shares: if you have a shareholders agreement, the options will be specified in that. if not the other shareholder can buy them or the company can buy them and cancel them. if they have no value a noominal 1 Euro sum would suffice.

Number of directors: Basically that is not your problem!! but AFAIK if the remaining director wishes to be the only director, they will need to change the Memo & Articles to comply with the newer sole director facility.

cheers

Peter

• Registered Users Posts: 2,094 ✭✭✭dbran

Hi

An Irish company must have a minimum of two (human) directors so if you resign as a director of the company the resignation will not be accepted by the CRO.

Kind Regards

David Branigan

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,091 ✭✭✭Peterdalkey

I defer to dbran, my mistake... I have confused a single member(shareholder) which is different to a single director ltd company, which is not permitted. There must be a minum of two directors. The second director does not have to be a shareholder.

Peter

Advertisement