Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Have you lost a ring?

• 26-02-2013 10:58am
    Registered Users Posts: 6

Hi. Newbie here, so not sure of the drill (no doubt a mod will put me straight).

Have you (or anyone you know) lost a ring? I found one on a bus on Saturday evening. It is a silver band with a solitaire stone (I'm no expert, couldn't say if it is a diamond).

No idea whether it's valuable but it could mean the whole world to someone. PM me if you think it might be yours.

Comments

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 23,556 ✭✭✭✭Sir Digby Chicken Caesar

you got in touch with the bus company, right?
    maybe email a radio station, see if they could announce it on one of their talkie pop culture shows?

Hi MrNuffy,
    I think this would work better in one of the regional forums, can you let me know what area you found the ring and I'll move the thread for you?
    Thanks

• Registered Users Posts: 6 MrNuffy

Yep, got in touch with Dublin Bus and the Metro Herald. Never thought of radio - duh! Thanks for that.

Just hope some poor girl is not distraught somewhere.

Thanks, Whoopsadaisydoodles! It was found in Dublin - on the 122 bus to be exact. That could cover anywhere from the Navan Road to Drimnagh (via Cabra, Phibsboro, City Centre etc.)

Moved from the Ladies' Lounge. Dublin City charter now applies.

I've left a redirect open in tLL too so it will still be visible there :)

You should throw up a tweet to Dublin Bus aswell.

• Advertisement

Tweeted Dublin Bus, and Today FM. Going to hit the other radio stations now. Thanks for the help!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 7,332 ✭✭✭Mr Simpson

Hand it into a Garda station would be my advice. Get a receipt for it, then tweet Dublin Bus saying where you have left it in

Good idea. I'll do that after work if today's efforts yield nothing.

The ring is now at Cabra Garda Station.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 7,332 ✭✭✭Mr Simpson

MrNuffy wrote: »
    The ring is now at Cabra Garda Station.

It'll be moved to a different Garda Station, theres only a few that look after lost and found. If anyone is looking, go onto www.garda.ie and go to the lost property section.

• Advertisement
Advertisement