Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Rifle Association Ireland?

Options
  • 26-02-2013 11:04am
    Registered Users Posts: 6

Hello there!

I´m curious if there is some kind of association in Ireland who represent legal gun owners in this country cause I couldn’t find anything on the web.

Greetings from Austria

Player32
    .22 .32ACP .9mm Para .357 Mag. .243Win .308Win .30R Blaser .12/70 .12/76

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 40,038 ✭✭✭✭Sparks

There are a few - this graph dates from 2009 and is probably out of date in a few places, but the central message of "loads of 'em" comes true fairly well I think :D

shootingassociations2009.png

• Registered Users Posts: 7,057 ✭✭✭clivej

Here is the association I belong to through my local club/range.
    Click the image and go to their website

• Registered Users Posts: 5,500 ✭✭✭tac foley

Sparks or another knowlegeable person - I realise that this chart is almost four years out of date, which may account for a few anomalies, like, is the SSAI not disbanded? This would mean that all those groups on the diagram below it are now just individual groups/associations and the likes with no governing body. Can you tell me, then, who is responsible for allocating NGB status in Ireland and how come the VCRAI is not on that list, in particular when the VCRAI, affiliated to the NARGC, was founded back in 2008.

Just sayin'.

tac

PS - a little birdie just told me that the FCP no longer exists.....

• Registered Users Posts: 6 Player32

Thanks very much for the quick answers!

Advertisement