Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Rivers in waterford (Walking dogs)

Options
  • 26-02-2013 11:38am
    Registered Users Posts: 9

Hi all,

I have two dogs and I'm looking for somewhere I can bring them that they can go swimming. Preferably a river thats safe and has places for them to jump in and also is has shallow enough parts for me to walk in with wellies.

Thanks,

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 3,599 ✭✭✭lassykk

This doesn't really qualify as part of the city but you could let your dog into paddle at the boat slip in Grannagh which is just outside Waterford.

You could also walk in on the boat slip but be very careful as it is really really slippy! (no pun intended)

• Registered Users Posts: 3,245 ✭✭✭old gregg

I know little of these things mostly because my dog won't go near the water, but would it be the case that any city river water may contain whole loads of impurities that could infect or make your dog sick? I can understand folks sending their dogs into the sea because the water will be clean(ish) and the salt may be good for the their skin. Just wondering.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,171 ✭✭✭hardybuck

I've springers who love water - Tramore is where I bring them. The back strand in particular is great as there is a mix of terrains and water which they love.

Rivers are dodgy enough with currents as well as water quality.

• Registered Users Posts: 9 Logicalbitz

It does not have to be in the city. I am just looking for somewhere about 30mins or less away that they can swim. I bring them to the beach now. But I am just thinking this will be pretty crowded come summer. I just found a lake called coumduala. That seems perfect.

• Moderators, Education Moderators Posts: 7,849 Mod ✭✭✭✭suitcasepink

What about the stream out in the walkway at Dunhill? Often a few dogs jumping into it there!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 6,975 ✭✭✭nkay1985

deise_girl wrote: »
    What about the stream out in the walkway at Dunhill? Often a few dogs jumping into it there!

Where in Dunhill is this stream?

• Moderators, Education Moderators Posts: 7,849 Mod ✭✭✭✭suitcasepink

nkay1985 wrote: »
    Where in Dunhill is this stream?

Ill admit to being a fool here and not know what type of "body of water" it is..
    But theres the walkway from the castle to the village side and some form of water running aside it!
    Heres the entrance from the castle side(where the gate is) http://goo.gl/maps/Ye6hB Its all just done up now though, no wellys needed!

• Registered Users Posts: 6,975 ✭✭✭nkay1985

deise_girl wrote: »
    Ill admit to being a fool here and not know what type of "body of water" it is..
    But theres the walkway from the castle to the village side and some form of water running aside it!
    Heres the entrance from the castle side(where the gate is) http://goo.gl/maps/Ye6hB Its all just done up now though, no wellys needed!

Oh right yeah. Cool.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,558 ✭✭✭seven_eleven

Belle lake?

• Registered Users Posts: 201 ✭✭angelfalling

I believe it is part of the integrated constructed wetlands :)

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 3,196 ✭✭✭CardBordWindow

lassykk wrote: »
    This post has been deleted.
    I often see people with dogs at the slip way, just to warn you though, if you are bringing the dog in a car, that there can be a lot of mud there at times.

Advertisement