Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

NLD Spurs v Arsenal

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 258 ✭✭terrymccarthy05

I assume Tom Mayes is still the place to watch the game in Dublin these days. I used to live across the road but havent been in there in yonks.

Dublin Supporters Group will be

• Registered Users Posts: 9,713 ✭✭✭2nd Row Donkey

Cheers. Might make an appearance so.

• Registered Users Posts: 9,153 ✭✭✭everdead.ie

Dublin Supporters Group will be
    Where is Tom Mayes? sorry but moved to Dublin from Galway and still haven't found a spot I enjoy watching the games.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,443 ✭✭✭jobeenfitz

Where is Tom Mayes? sorry but moved to Dublin from Galway and still haven't found a spot I enjoy watching the games.

Where did you watch the games when you were in Galway? in Galway meself.

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators Posts: 23,162 Mod ✭✭✭✭Kiith

Hmm, stay up till 3am, or wait for the result in the morning.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 12,778 ✭✭✭✭Kold

Have booked a new room, 30% more expensive than my current one simply because it's the only guesthouse in town with satellite TV in the rooms so I can watch this game.

On the corner of Dorset St and North Frederick street.

Its a 3 minute walk from O'Connell St > Parnell Sq > North Frederick St

• Registered Users Posts: 9,153 ✭✭✭everdead.ie

jobeenfitz wrote: »
    A few different spots Tom Sheridans was my usual as it was the local in Knocknacarra, otherwise the Cellar or the Quays are nice.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,746 ✭✭✭irishmover

I knew it was close but;

@premierleague: Man Utd, Arsenal, Chelsea, Liverpool, Aston Villa, Everton & Tottenham, the #BPL's only ever-present clubs, will all play their 800th match

• Registered Users Posts: 1,099 ✭✭✭gar

Joked with the wife that we name our first born after the spurs player that scores the winner.
    Divorce and barred from seeing the child were things that were mentioned.
    Probably won't see the game as we're over due, not that it matters!

• Advertisement

gar wrote: »
    Joked with the wife that we name our first born after the spurs player that scores the winner.
    Divorce and barred from seeing the child were things that were mentioned.
    Probably won't see the game as we're over due, not that it matters!

I dragged the missus to the pub to watch spurs vs Man city 2 years ago. The win that night sealed our 1st ever champions league qualification. A few hours later I became a father for the first time. I was chuffed to pieces - i couldnt believe I could be soo happy, I was floating on clouds for days afterwards- imagine it - Champions league football at WHL. Amazing.

Becoming a father was good too. :D

• Closed Accounts Posts: 13,874 ✭✭✭✭PogMoThoin

I dragged the missus to the pub to watch spurs vs Man city 2 years ago. The win that night sealed our 1st ever champions league qualification. A few hours later I became a father for the first time. I was chuffed to pieces - i couldnt believe I could be soo happy, I was floating on clouds for days afterwards- imagine it - Champions league football at WHL. Amazing.

Becoming a father was good too. :D

You called that son Harry, didn't you :p

• Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators Posts: 7,401 Mod ✭✭✭✭pleasant Co.

jobeenfitz wrote: »

try fagans, it's on eyre square near the meyrick.

PogMoThoin wrote: »
    You called that son Harry, didn't you :p

Tried that, but it doesn't suit a girl! If we had a boy I would have insisted on getting 'Crouchy' in there as a 2nd name or something.

Haven't been this fixated on a game in ages. Feels almost a cup final.

Everthing else this weekend has just been filler, while I wait for 4pm tomorrow.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 13,874 ✭✭✭✭PogMoThoin

Haven't been this fixated on a game in ages. Feels almost a cup final.

Everthing else this weekend has just been filler, while I wait for 4pm tomorrow.

3 PM

4pm kick off though.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 442 ✭✭Emoran

I'll be watching sky sports from 9am onwards waiting for this !!!

Everyone around us won, so we really need a result from this.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,443 ✭✭✭jobeenfitz

well today's the day. My money is on a nail biter. 3-2 and all the points staying at the lane. Its good to know Defoe is on the bench to come on in the last half hour if required. Today would also be a great day to get our first penalty in premier league. law of averages suggest that. I hope Parker is on form tomorrow and walker can pass straighter. And if Adebyor puts in a good shift then maybe the old finger nails could be intact come 6pm tomorrow. This is really a cup final and the gooners will be up for it, wish I could say I will enjoy it. If all goes well will enjoy the replays on sky and bbc.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 5,374 ✭✭✭Saab Ed

I'd suggest not being too disappointed with a draw. Arsenal can not win today, that bit is more important imo. Fourth has always been our ambition this year and so long as we nail that then I'll be happy.

I know Chelsea are wobbling a bit and City are within touching distance but let's not get carried away. I think any of us would have taken an arm off if you told us at the start of the season that we'd get fourth with arsenal fifth. I'll very much take that today.

That said, a 3-1 Bale show would be lovely.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,946 ✭✭✭SuprSi

Saab Ed wrote: »
    I'd suggest not being too disappointed with a draw. Arsenal can not win today, that bit is more important imo. Fourth has always been our ambition this year and so long as we nail that then I'll be happy.

I know Chelsea are wobbling a bit and City are within touching distance but let's not get carried away. I think any of us would have taken an arm off if you told us at the start of the season that we'd get fourth with arsenal fifth. I'll very much take that today.

That said, a 3-1 Bale show would be lovely.

100% agree. As long as we don't let them gain any ground on us I'll be reasonably happy. A win would be magnificent though.

At the end of the day, this is what supporting a football team is all about, local rivalries, 6-pointers, massive games and weekend long tension leading up to the game. Sitting here knowing that in just under 6 hours I'll either be ecstatic or depressed based on something I have absolutely no control over is mad, but that's sport :D

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,661 ✭✭✭mickman

what about LB today ? Walcott would be way too pacey for verts and he had bad game there last week.

I would move verts in to CB and play benny or naughton at lb

Won't get to see the game, so hope to wake up and see how we dominated them and won by 2 goals. A 1-1 draw would also do though :-)

COYS!

• Registered Users Posts: 1,168 ✭✭✭franktheplank

mickman wrote: »
    what about LB today ? Walcott would be way too pacey for verts and he had bad game there last week.

I would move verts in to CB and play benny or naughton at lb

Benny gets my vote at left back.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,428 ✭✭✭MrKingsley

I think it has to benny Benny LB with Dawson and Vertz in the middle.

Dear god im excited about this one

• Registered Users Posts: 4,746 ✭✭✭irishmover

MrKingsley wrote: »
    I think it has to benny Benny LB with Dawson and Vertz in the middle.

Dear god im excited about this one

I think Caulker and Verts would be better. Caulker is more athletic than Dawson so would suit better for Walcott/Wilshere/Podolski/Giroud.

But Dawson has been having a good 2013 so probably deserves to start.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,290 ✭✭✭Leinstersqspur

irishmover wrote: »
    I think Caulker and Verts would be better. Caulker is more athletic than Dawson so would suit better for Walcott/Wilshere/Podolski/Giroud.

But Dawson has been having a good 2013 so probably deserves to start.

Id agree on the mobility front and if it was any other fixture id had Caulker starting but Dawson knows whats needed to help the team win this game so for that reason(along with his excellent form) he gets my vote

• Advertisement

Lloris, Walker, Vertz, Dawson, Benny, Parker, Dembele, Bale, Lennon, Gylfi and ADE

Im happy with that. Holtby and defoe options from the bench

Advertisement