Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

NLD Spurs v Arsenal

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 6,946 ✭✭✭SuprSi

Can't believe some of them find it amusing that the team/fans were so happy with the result!? I couldn't believe that comment - moving 7 points clear with 10 games to go, ahead of Chelsea, into 3rd place and winning a NLD? That's not reason to be seriously happy?!! Muppets.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,857 ✭✭✭indough

it's just pettiness. not surprising really but thank **** we won, they are even worse winners than they are losers. hopefully their season falls apart well and truly now

• Registered Users Posts: 644 ✭✭✭Eamo71

Arsenal thread in.meltdown over on the Soccer forums. Well worth.a look.

arsenal Mania forum even funnier

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,374 ✭✭✭Saab Ed

Eamo71 wrote: »
    arsenal Mania forum even funnier

Where's that?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 13,874 ✭✭✭✭PogMoThoin

Makes up for last yr

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 46 Everything In Its Right Place

This is the arsenal subreddit on reddit after the game

duwni9G.png
    They had a wager with the Spurs subreddit

• Registered Users Posts: 4,746 ✭✭✭irishmover

243539.jpg

Just wow..

• Registered Users Posts: 9,019 ✭✭✭davycc

Petty jealous a55holes..

Mind the gap now & at end of season that counts ;-)

• Registered Users Posts: 535 ✭✭✭WHL

Campbell is on MOTD

WHL wrote: »
    Campbell is on MOTD

And he's talking rubbish...

• Advertisement

I actually must say thank god this weekend is over and we've come out on top. Praying Arsenal fans will pipe down a bit now. Lets move on with the last 10 games...

My mate tagged me in a photo earlier today. A picture of London in red with the arsenal crest draped over saying 'Color of London is red'. I replied speak to me after the game... He never replied :(

• Registered Users Posts: 11,763 ✭✭✭✭Crann na Beatha

This post has been deleted.

Just another 3pts at the end of the day.

irishmover wrote: »
    And he's talking rubbish...

Genuinely he was probably the worst pundit I've ever seen on MOTD. Can he be that bad or was he truly gutted :D

• Registered Users Posts: 4,057 ✭✭✭tippspur

WHL wrote: »
    Genuinely he was probably the worst pundit I've ever seen on MOTD. Can he be that bad or was he truly gutted :D
    Was he that bad?have it recorded,must watch it tomorrow night.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,443 ✭✭✭jobeenfitz

irishmover wrote: »
    Just another 3pts at the end of the day.

Yes we get 3 points but we are 7 points ahead of the gooners, had we lost we would be only one point ahead. Psychologically its a very big 3 points.

hope Dembele is fit for next week, I thought it looked very bad on first look but it was good to see him walk off.

Hopefully we have a refreshed Defoe after his forced break.

All in all it is a great result and will give the team confidence for upcoming tests.

I think your quote above may be sarcasm.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,012 ✭✭✭Kerplunk124

Have to just laugh at the Arsenal supporters, like seriously hahahah

• Registered Users Posts: 12,778 ✭✭✭✭Kold

Our Cup Final? Funny, when was the last time they were in a cup final?

• Registered Users Posts: 9,153 ✭✭✭everdead.ie

Funnily once we got to the 80th minute I knew we wouldn't loose and once we got to the 90th even with 6 minutes injury time I knew we'd win! Don't think I've ever felt like that in a game where we lead by just a goal!

• Registered Users Posts: 6,910 ✭✭✭Sugarlumps

Thought Walker was fantastic yesterday, shadow of his former self all season until yesterday.

I love Friedel but he’s into the twilight years, the mitts have been passed onto Lloris who is sheer class. Gives the back four immense confidence.

I really enjoy listening to AVB, he never gets carried away with a result until the job is seen through to the end. Had huge doubts when he was cast as manager, my God he’s proved me wrong again and again. His rain coat has gradually grown on me.

For me we were playing with 10 men until Defoe came on, ran the channels well and passed a sublime ball to Sigurdsson who should have smashed it.

I'll enjoy the result for now, game changers still ahead.

• Advertisement

Point on Lloris is well made. Freidel was an excellent shot-stopper but the speed of Lloris coming off his lines gives a whole new dimension and allows the defence to confidently defend higher. Great buy

jobeenfitz wrote: »
    I think your quote above may be sarcasm.

It was, don't worry..

• Registered Users Posts: 6,946 ✭✭✭SuprSi

I also agree about Walker. I didn't see the 1st half but I was very impressed in the 2nd. He was very composed, defended well and attacked intelligently. The best I've seen him in some time.

• Registered Users Posts: 9,713 ✭✭✭2nd Row Donkey

Yeah, agreed about the Lloris > Frediel situation. Always thought Brad was top drawer but Lloris is something else altogether.

Off-topic i know but there was an article in 'The Sun' yesterday about the amount of professional footballer who get declared backrupt within 5 years of retiring. Frediel was also mentioned a few times. He lost $5M on some soccer academy in the US and was declared bankrupt already.

• Registered Users Posts: 9,713 ✭✭✭2nd Row Donkey

Ade was very poor again yesterday, apart from a few occasions where he ran around trying to close down their back four otherwise he offered nothing.

Defoe will finish out the season up front on his own although I think we would see more from Ade if Defoe was allowed to play upfront alongside him.

There where 1 or 2 high balls knocked up to Defoe yesterday that were just ridiculous. There isn't defender in the EPL that isn't going to comfortably beat Defoe in the air every single time. I don't know why a single high ball is ever played to him/ You might as well just pass it to the opposition.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,290 ✭✭✭Leinstersqspur

Watched the game with my old man (who's a gooner) and he conceeded that apart from a Bale OG Arsenal never looked like scoring. We should have been 3-1 up going into the final 10(+6) minutes only for two poor misses from Siggy and Bale.. Adebayor may have been poor but Giroud is average. Also, Wilshere had one of quietest games for them and Ramsey is sh1t!

Can anyone find the montage of Vertonghen that sky showed after the game? Amazing ball control, he is some player!

Can anyone find the montage of Vertonghen that sky showed after the game? Amazing ball control, he is some player!

He's evidence that you don't have to spend big to have world class players. And haven't seen that montage :(

• Registered Users Posts: 2,290 ✭✭✭Leinstersqspur

Lloris poor, but I guess thats the nature of goal kicks..
    Spurs-passing-stats-vs-Arsenal.png

• Registered Users Posts: 5,395 ✭✭✭Hatch99

Lloris - Brilliant
    Walker - decent but still heart attack stuff
    Vert - Quality
    Dawson - Good solid defending
    BAE - very good

Parker - ran around a lot and did ok, looked ballixed after an hour
    Dembele - sound as always

Lennon - great threat
    Bale - not bad ;)
    Sig - lovely footballer, worked hard, can't ask for much more

Adebayor - I won't go there

Delighted with the win, still a long way to go though and some very tough games ahead.

• Advertisement

Dembele - 90% passing accuracy

139344_mem.jpg

Advertisement