Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

NLD Spurs v Arsenal

Options
123457»

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 6,910 ✭✭✭Sugarlumps

Giroud is average.
    I think he might come good for them next season, he never goes hiding in games. Good in the air, wouldn’t be so quick to write him off.

Also, Wilshere had one of quietest games for them.
    Did very little in the second half, very talented player who I dislike immensely.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,746 ✭✭✭irishmover

Hatch99 wrote: »
    Lloris - Brilliant
    Walker - decent but still heart attack stuff
    Vert - Quality
    Dawson - Good solid defending
    BAE - very good

Parker - ran around a lot and did ok, looked ballixed after an hour
    Dembele - sound as always

Lennon - great threat
    Bale - not bad ;)
    Sig - lovely footballer, worked hard, can't ask for much more

Adebayor - I won't go there

Delighted with the win, still a long way to go though and some very tough games ahead.

I thought Sigurdsson had a very good game but by the 65 minute I continuously kept shouting 'Holtby for Sigs'. I irritated the **** out of my dad and girlfriend with that! Then he screwed up that 1v1 by not being selfish... I thought he wasn't capable of a full 90 mins just yet and felt he shouldn't have stayed on. Great first half and modricesque pass for Bale opener but he was tiring and Fresh legs in the form of Holtby would have settled my nerves anyway..

Delighted he got his chance and didn't do anything major wrong (bar the 1v1 of course) still not 90 minute ready for me.

I'm really gutted for Adebayor and for the team with his performance. He seems to work hard in those games but felt he was one stupid mistake away from a red card, if he connected with that tackle it would have been identical to his sending off in the reverse. I'm disappointed to say I've now moved over to the 'adebayor out parade' on here... Gutted as would prefer not to have to waste money on another player and taking a chance with them. Just imagine if Ade was on that form from last season? We would be a well rounded package if that was the case... His form would have been the sort of form required to have been in the title race right now. I did before Levy not wasting money on taking a chance on a striker without making sure he has the best deal was right. However now I must admit I was wrong. Initially in the summer I thought Adebayor was all that was needed and I didn't want the squad to change too much too soon. January was too late to get a striker for a title charge but even at that would be a big help once we seen Ade was a shadow of last season. I think Levy missed something here and this season could have cemented a 2nd spot with an on form striker to compliment Defoe and Bale.

Agree with everything else except BAE. I'll probably get slated but felt he had an average to poor game. That side was their most potent threat. The amount of times he went too narrow and the ball came to Arsenal players completely on their own was hand on face worthy... i was convinced theyd score atleast one more and it would come from that side. I felt it wasn't a good performance by him but maybe I expect too much.

Just imagine how exciting the next season would be if we finished 3rd or 2nd... I need to stay grounded but who wouldn't want to play for the club if that were the case?

World class training/youth facilities.. Best youth teams in England. New Stadium and infrastructure development. Sound business model. Young intelligent and eager manager with a top quality backroom staff. hugely high morale and togetherness. Excellent squad which doesn't require much to move them to that illusive next level, built up without breaking the bank in transfer fees or wages.

I feel way too confident now with AVB in charge this season compared to Harry. So many people called Levy every name under the sun for what he did last season. But look at the club now.. The future is bright, the future is white!

Maybe this positivity is relative to the tablets I'm on! Normally a negative nancy..

• Registered Users Posts: 5,395 ✭✭✭Hatch99

irishmover wrote: »
    I thought Sigurdsson had a very good game but by the 65 minute I continuously kept shouting 'Holtby for Sigs'. I irritated the **** out of my dad and girlfriend with that! Then he screwed up that 1v1 by not being selfish... I thought he wasn't capable of a full 90 mins just yet and felt he shouldn't have stayed on. Great first half and modricesque pass for Bale opener but he was tiring and Fresh legs in the form of Holtby would have settled my nerves anyway..

Delighted he got his chance and didn't do anything major wrong (bar the 1v1 of course) still not 90 minute ready for me.

I'm really gutted for Adebayor and for the team with his performance. He seems to work hard in those games but felt he was one stupid mistake away from a red card, if he connected with that tackle it would have been identical to his sending off in the reverse. I'm disappointed to say I've now moved over to the 'adebayor out parade' on here... Gutted as would prefer not to have to waste money on another player and taking a chance with them. Just imagine if Ade was on that form from last season? We would be a well rounded package if that was the case... His form would have been the sort of form required to have been in the title race right now. I did before Levy not wasting money on taking a chance on a striker without making sure he has the best deal was right. However now I must admit I was wrong. Initially in the summer I thought Adebayor was all that was needed and I didn't want the squad to change too much too soon. January was too late to get a striker for a title charge but even at that would be a big help once we seen Ade was a shadow of last season. I think Levy missed something here and this season could have cemented a 2nd spot with an on form striker to compliment Defoe and Bale.

Agree with everything else except BAE. I'll probably get slated but felt he had an average to poor game. That side was their most potent threat. The amount of times he went too narrow and the ball came to Arsenal players completely on their own was hand on face worthy... i was convinced theyd score atleast one more and it would come from that side. I felt it wasn't a good performance by him but maybe I expect too much.

Just imagine how exciting the next season would be if we finished 3rd or 2nd... I need to stay grounded but who wouldn't want to play for the club if that were the case?

World class training/youth facilities.. Best youth teams in England. New Stadium and infrastructure development. Sound business model. Young intelligent and eager manager with a top quality backroom staff. hugely high morale and togetherness. Excellent squad which doesn't require much to move them to that illusive next level, built up without breaking the bank in transfer fees or wages.

I feel way too confident now with AVB in charge this season compared to Harry. So many people called Levy every name under the sun for what he did last season. But look at the club now.. The future is bright, the future is white!

Maybe this positivity is relative to the tablets I'm on! Normally a negative nancy..

you must be still on the beer mate :D;)

• Registered Users Posts: 9,713 ✭✭✭2nd Row Donkey

When you put it like that, everything looks rosy in the garden. But I dont think Levy will provide the funds to takes us to the 'illusive nexr level'. We all thought the good times would come once we qualified for the CL 2 years aso but it never happened and I cant see there been any change this summer.

Also - the new training ground/facilites etc- thats all part of the business plan to increase the value of the club so Levy and Lewis can sell it for an even bigger profit eventually.

Anyway, this isn't the thread for discussing Levy but I will give him his dues - appointing AVB was a great decision. He made some terrible appointments in the last 10 years but he's done excellent on this one. Roll on the good times.

you must be still on the beer mate :D;)

Can't drink for 6 months due to my head injury. Yes head injury :)

On heavy medication so that's probably why...

• Advertisement

When you put it like that, everything looks rosy in the garden. But I dont think Levy will provide the funds to takes us to the 'illusive nexr level'. We all thought the good times would come once we qualified for the CL 2 years aso but it never happened and I cant see there been any change this summer.

Also - the new training ground/facilites etc- thats all part of the business plan to increase the value of the club so Levy and Lewis can sell it for an even bigger profit eventually.

Anyway, this isn't the thread for discussing Levy but I will give him his dues - appointing AVB was a great decision. He made some terrible appointments in the last 10 years but he's done excellent on this one. Roll on the good times.

I've hampered on enough already over the last week about Levy/Lewis building the club up to be sold at a huge profit. But still that doesn't deter from the fact that the club is in a better place now than ever.

As I said, I don't think there needs to be too much change as remember they've already signed Sigurdsson, Dempsey, Lloris, Holtby, Fryers (ok this was for the u21 development squad but still a signing), Adebayor, Dembele and Vertonghen in the last two transfer windows. That's a lot of change already financials aside. Then on top of that you have Caulker coming on this season as practically a new signing. Plus next season we'll surely see one or two other youth players make a step up. He doesn't need to break the bank at all.

I do however expect a few changes though and believe we're in a different situation than the one a few years ago.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,290 ✭✭✭Leinstersqspur

ijehIH4H3QCiJ.gif

iwZkmpCZfSXl1.gif

Watching that again. How bad was Szceszny for Lennons goal??

• Registered Users Posts: 2,284 ✭✭✭DubPerryman

Fantastic reading!

The thing is, we can afford to be confident because everything written above is based on fact rather than opinion.

COYS!

• Registered Users Posts: 1,171 ✭✭✭yiddo59

Left home at 6am to get the 7.35am to Heathrow and didn't get back home til 3am this morning due to the flight being diverted to Shannoin due to some problem with the plane but that said what a day!
    For me the most important thing was the fact that not having played our best we still picked up the 3 points. How many times over the years have we put in a great performance and ended up with a point or even worse nothing? Daws, Vertonghen, Lennon and Siggerson all excellent yesterday.

PS the youngfella got sorted for a ticket via a mate of therecklessone so chhers for that Ro!

• Advertisement

Problem with the plane so they decide to fly further than Dublin airport?!! Only in Ireland!

Problem with the plane so they decide to fly further than Dublin airport?!! Only in Ireland!

No I was flying to the real capital Cork boy;)

yiddo59 wrote: »
    No I was flying to the real capital Cork boy;)

You know I expected something like that!..

You know I expected something like that!..

Touche :D

yiddo59 wrote: »
    Left home at 6am to get the 7.35am to Heathrow and didn't get back home til 3am this morning due to the flight being diverted to Shannoin due to some problem with the plane but that said what a day!
    For me the most important thing was the fact that not having played our best we still picked up the 3 points. How many times over the years have we put in a great performance and ended up with a point or even worse nothing? Daws, Vertonghen, Lennon and Siggerson all excellent yesterday.

PS the youngfella got sorted for a ticket via a mate of therecklessone so chhers for that Ro!

You don't mind such delays as much after winning, if we'd have been beaten or conceded a late equaliser, it would have felt twice as bad. Glad the day went well, COYS

Watching that again. How bad was Szceszny for Lennons goal??

The left full was worse, stepping up when clearly his centre half was 3 yards behind him. If the left full follows lennon, the chances are he gets a block in, madness :D

• Registered Users Posts: 9,153 ✭✭✭everdead.ie

The left full was worse, stepping up when clearly his centre half was 3 yards behind him. If the left full follows lennon, the chances are he gets a block in, madness :D

Ya Monreal meant to be spains second best LB but he looked terrible maybe he needs time to settle in.

We are lucky in a way that Arsenal have shot themselves in the foot by spending all their extra revenue on players wages they spend 60m more than us per annum on wages for a squad that is roughly equal to ours.

They could of paid for both evertons squad and ours for the same amount!

Ya Monreal meant to be spains second best LB but he looked terrible maybe he needs time to settle in.

We are lucky in a way that Arsenal have shot themselves in the foot by spending all their extra revenue on players wages they spend 60m more than us per annum on wages for a squad that is roughly equal to ours.

They could of paid for both evertons squad and ours for the same amount!

just noticed your NY sig again, you over there again no ? Some session in the bar yesterday I believe.

• Registered Users Posts: 9,153 ✭✭✭everdead.ie

just noticed your NY sig again, you over there again no ? Some session in the bar yesterday I believe.

Haha no in Dublin these days tried to get over on a working visa but apparently they didn't think me and the missus would come back :-P

You don't mind such delays as much after winning, if we'd have been beaten or conceded a late equaliser, it would have felt twice as bad. Glad the day went well, COYS

Once we win I wouldn;t care if we took an extra day as happened with the volcano dust in 2010 when we beat the goons.:D

Great series of pics here http://www.telegraph.co.uk/sport/football/picturegalleries/9905951/Tottenham-v-Arsenal-in-pictures.html?frame=2498470

• Advertisement

I see some of our boys ruffling a few feathers over on the arenal thread last night! 'Therecklessone' was barred apparently, can a Mod be barred? :D And if you are barred is that just from a particular thread/forum or from boards altogether. Good laugh all the same. Gotta be careful with the gloating though.. still along way to go and you know what our history is like.

I see some of our boys ruffling a few feathers over on the arenal thread last night! 'Therecklessone' was barred apparently, can a Mod be barred? :D And if you are barred is that just from a particular thread/forum or from boards altogether. Good laugh all the same. Gotta be careful with the gloating though.. still along way to go and you know what our history is like.

drive on make hay while the hay shines :D

Haha no in Dublin these days tried to get over on a working visa but apparently they didn't think me and the missus would come back :-P

Sound, let me know if your going over again.

• Registered Users Posts: 610 ✭✭✭Devo from Dublin

As was Vertonghen for Joe Cole last monday!

• Registered Users Posts: 9,019 ✭✭✭davycc

Guilty as charged:cool: I went slightly overboard at one stage but we all hugged & made up in the end;) (SOME of them are actually decent people)

I see poor therecklessone getting 2 yellow cards just for speaking his mind & giving them a few home truths..
    Hope he will be back asap I dont know how long a ban lasts.?

davycc wrote: »
    Guilty as charged:cool: I went slightly overboard at one stage but we all hugged & made up in the end;) (SOME of them are actually decent people)

I see poor therecklessone getting 2 yellow cards just for speaking his mind & giving them a few home truths..
    Hope he will be back asap I dont know how long a ban lasts.?

You where the main culprit! :D

A bit like here - a few of them talk a lot of sense and the rest are a bit bonkers.

Speaking of bonkers, I watched the games in Tom Mayes yesterday and the guy beside me at the bar was a bit bonkers. (very intense) - hope thats not one of you lot that posts in here.:D:eek::D

• Registered Users Posts: 9,019 ✭✭✭davycc

You where the main culprit! :D

A bit like here - a few of them talk a lot of sense and the rest are a bit bonkers.

Speaking of bonkers, I watched the games in Tom Mayes yesterday and the guy beside me at the bar was a bit bonkers. (very intense) - hope thats not one of you lot that posts in here.:D:eek::D

Ah I was pretty calm as I know what bad loosers they are:cool:

I wish I was in Mayes myself ended up watching it at home due to being skint:o

I seen a pic on FB of the group of spurs fans there with banners & flags etc..sick i missed it..Ive never been to Mayes ever but I went to older spurs dublin meetups in O Neills bar in 90s and another pub in Pearse st after that:cool:

1 season 96-97 EVERY live game i went into O Neills we lost:( including a rainy 3-1 at Highbury & an even rainier stormy 4-3 at Upton park

So you can understand me getting excited to we whop the scum & spammers in a week:D

• Registered Users Posts: 1,168 ✭✭✭franktheplank

Just watched MOTD2 again there to bask in it. What a finish from Bale for the first goal, it might not look like much but the confidence and speed of thought required for that are amazing.

Sol's a terrible panelist and maybe I'm biased but I though I could see a hint of bitterness towards the spurs sneaking through. Fair play to Hartson though even as an ex Gooner he was very complimentary towards us.

Advertisement