If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

TV with freesat 37 - 42"?

Options
  • 26-02-2013 12:44pm
    Registered Users Posts: 1,651 ✭✭✭

Lads,

I'm looking for a 37 to 42 " TV that has a Freesat tuner built in. It would be great if it could record stuff onto a USB or SD card as well. I'd looking for a really good value rather than the top of the range spec.
    What models can you offer and how much for delivery to Cork?
    Thanks.

”Where’s the revolution? Come on, people you’re letting me down!”

Comments

• Company Representative Posts: 9,463 ✭✭✭Richersounds.ie: John

walus wrote: »
    Lads,

I'm looking for a 37 to 42 " TV that has a Freesat tuner built in. It would be great if it could record stuff onto a USB or SD card as well. I'd looking for a really good value rather than the top of the range spec.
    What models can you offer and how much for delivery to Cork?
    Thanks.
    Walus,

very limited range of Freesat HD TV's left at the moment - here is a complete run down up to 42" of what we have available from stock:

Samsung 40ES5500 - £569.95 http://www.richersounds.com/product/tv---all/samsung/ue40es6300/sams-ue40es6300
    (very limited stocks)

Panasonic TXL42DT50 - £899.95 including free delivery
    http://www.richersounds.com/product/tv---all/panasonic/viera-txl42dt50b/pana-txl42dt50b

At the moment I'm afraid that's the complete list we stock - I'm sure when we see the new ranges in a couple of months that the range will expand - but at the moment the stocks of Freesat TV's are low!

Keep me posted if we can assist,

ATVB,

John Mc & Crew

John McDonald / Managing Director / Richer Sounds Ireland / www.richersounds.ie / johnmc@richersounds.ie

• Registered Users Posts: 1,651 ✭✭✭walus

Thanks John,

Would you have any information on new Pansonic and Samsung TV range with HD freesat - screen sizes and models. Ideally I'd go for Panasonic, as I always have, but at 42" it is a bit too big. There was one Panasonic TX-L37DT30 that would suit me perfect, but sadly it is no longer made. I hope there will be some Panasonics freesat TV at 37" still available.

How does the 40ES6300 compare against the TXL42DT50 in terms of freesat and recording usability.

Thanks,
    Tom

• Company Representative Posts: 9,463 ✭✭✭Richersounds.ie: John

Thanks John,

Would you have any information on new Pansonic and Samsung TV range with HD freesat - screen sizes and models. Ideally I'd go for Panasonic, as I always have, but at 42" it is a bit too big. There was one Panasonic TX-L37DT30 that would suit me perfect, but sadly it is no longer made. I hope there will be some Panasonics freesat TV at 37" still available.

How does the 40ES6300 compare against the TXL42DT50 in terms of freesat and recording usability.

Thanks,
    Tom
    Tom,

apologies for the delay getting back to you - I have very limited info on the new ranges yet and yep that DT50 is relly an amazing TV - I have it available in 42" but we have never stocked the 37" unfortunately..

The 40ES6300 - hmmmmm do I have to be honest?  Let's just say that it REALLY doesn't compare to the DT50 in any meaningful way..

But to be fair it's also significantly cheaper!

Keep me posted,

ATVB,

John Mc & Crew

John McDonald / Managing Director / Richer Sounds Ireland / www.richersounds.ie / johnmc@richersounds.ie

• Registered Users Posts: 1,651 ✭✭✭walus

Guys,

I do not want to go with Samsung, but at the same time Panasonic at 42" is a tad too big. 
    What can you offer from the Freesat HD boxes that allow recording? I've heard Humax do very good receivers, but maybe there are other options out there as well?

Cheers,
    Tom

• Company Representative Posts: 17,278 ✭✭✭✭Richersounds.ie: Kenny

Guys,

I do not want to go with Samsung, but at the same time Panasonic at 42" is a tad too big. 
    What can you offer from the Freesat HD boxes that allow recording? I've heard Humax do very good receivers, but maybe there are other options out there as well?

Cheers,
    Tom

Hi Tom,

Thanks for getting back to us.

Humax is defiantly the way to go for Freesat boxes.  We've got the new G2 boxes which are priced at £239.95 for the 500GB box.  Or £269.00 for the 1TB box.

Here's a link to the 1TB box.  Both boxes the exact same, just different capacity's:

http://www.richersounds.com/product/digital-set-top-boxes/humax/hdr1000s-1tb/huma-freesat-g2-1tb 

Let me know what you think.

Chris

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 393 ✭✭Dermondo

Hi, are they still available are how would it compare to the Panasonic TXP42GT50B in your honest opinion, thanks in advance.

Panasonic TXL42DT50 - £899.95 including free delivery
    http://www.richersounds.com/product/tv---all/panasonic/viera-txl42dt50b/pana-txl42dt50b

Hi Dermondo.

I could not comment on the GT50 as we have never stocked this screen.

The 42DT50 is now finished and listed as "LAST FEW" on the website. Our stock has totally gone with no more arriving as Pana are currently changing their range.

Regarding the free shipping this only applied to the UK mainland and not Ireland (North or South)

Any other screen that might catch your eye?

• Registered Users Posts: 393 ✭✭Dermondo

Cheers for the update, I fell head over heels with the GT42 and have just picked one up the other day, but again thanks for info and as sure as the rains falls I will be itching for some more shiny new equipment in the not to distant future, ahem, cough cough Denon AV Amps

Dermondo wrote: »
    Cheers for the update, I fell head over heels with the GT42 and have just picked one up the other day, but again thanks for info and as sure as the rains falls I will be itching for some more shiny new equipment in the not to distant future, ahem, cough cough Denon AV Amps
    No problem at all Dermondo.

Anything you need in the future please just drop us a line :)

Hope you enjoy the GT42.

Leave a Comment

Rich Text Editor. To edit a paragraph's style, hit tab to get to the paragraph menu. From there you will be able to pick one style. Nothing defaults to paragraph. An inline formatting menu will show up when you select text. Hit tab to get into that menu. Some elements, such as rich link embeds, images, loading indicators, and error messages may get inserted into the editor. You may navigate to these using the arrow keys inside of the editor and delete them with the delete or backspace key.