Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Mango Tree - new Thai takeaway for Greystones

Options
  • 26-02-2013 12:59pm
    Registered Users Posts: 942 ✭✭✭

According to their Twitter account, the Mango Tree, a Thai takeaway and delivery business is to become the latest addition to our food options in Greystones.

The company, that already has two locations in Lucan and Rathfarnham, posted about opening in the Meridian - this Spring if I read the posts correctly.

The tweets were very positive and included shouts out to other local businesses like Cavistons, Happy Pear, Burnaby et al which is good to see from a new entrant to the local scene.

Am looking forward to my first Larb Moo already :)

Anyone got any experience of these guys' food from their other branches?

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 20,830 ✭✭✭✭Taltos

More choice is good.
    Any clue where they are going?
    Know my OH will be thrilled - me not so much.

• Registered Users Posts: 21,465 ✭✭✭✭Alun

Some real Thai food would be great. There's plenty of Chinese takeaways that make an heroic effort but it's just not the same. I hope they'll deliver as far away as Bray :)

• Registered Users Posts: 6,250 ✭✭✭pixbyjohn

They are moving in beside the Post Office in the Meridian

• Registered Users Posts: 11 Acal

We used to live in Rathfarnham and Mango Tree was our staple takeaway. We've always had great meals from there - proper fresh Thai food. It should do well here - reckon it's the only food option that we are missing here.

• Registered Users Posts: 2 Ktoneiller

Have food from their rathfarnham branch all the time and the Mango Tree is delicious!!!!! Their wok dishes are even "healthy" as they are freshly prepared stir fries! No Msg! can't wait till it opens out here!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 14,933 ✭✭✭✭loyatemu

Ktoneiller wrote: »
    Have food from their rathfarnham branch all the time and the Mango Tree is delicious!!!!! Their wok dishes are even "healthy" as they are freshly prepared stir fries! No Msg! can't wait till it opens out here!

No MSG?

I'm out....

• Closed Accounts Posts: 343 ✭✭Mahogany

When is this planned to open? need to get the CV in..

• Registered Users Posts: 351 ✭✭audreyp

Mahogany wrote: »
    When is this planned to open? need to get the CV in..

I have mango tree on Facebook and they are looking for people now so send in the cv today!! Opens in 2 weeks I think.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,052 ✭✭✭poldebruin

I got my fist takeaway from the Mango Tree at the weekend, and was not disappointed. A very Spicey Thai Green Curry and Pad Thai with Pork Spring Rolls to start.

All the food tasted great, it came in around €10 cheaper than an equivalent Indian Spice meal delivered. My only gripe was they estimated 50 minutes for delivery and it arrived after twice that time. I guess they were fairly busy, but I'd rather just be told this upfront.

It's going to be a tough choice between getting thsi deleivered in future or calling in to Chakra for weekend takeaways.

As I'm in Bray, does anyone know what their delivery area is? There's nothing I can see on their website.

• Advertisement

Alun wrote: »
    As I'm in Bray, does anyone know what their delivery area is? There's nothing I can see on their website.

Give them a shout on Facebook, they seem to be good at responding quickly.

https://www.facebook.com/mangotree.ie

poldebruin wrote: »

All the food tasted great, it came in around €10 cheaper than an equivalent Indian Spice meal delivered. My only gripe was they estimated 50 minutes for delivery and it arrived after twice that time. I guess they were fairly busy, but I'd rather just be told this upfront.

100 minutes for a takeaway? - that's ridiculous.

loyatemu wrote: »
    100 minutes for a takeaway? - that's ridiculous.

....it was actually longer, but I thought the phrase "twice as long" was less petty than 110 minutes! Yes, I was watching the clock.

I think it was it's first weekend of opening, and I ordered fairly early, so I wasn't too concerned, just like to be told up front. My only gripe really.

• Registered Users Posts: 970 ✭✭✭cuddlycavies

I'd have said something. They would surely have give you a concession for that. Agreed, the food is great and wel priced. During the week it's €24 for two mains and two starters. Pad Thai is great as are red and green curries. Beef is often tough in Thai takeaways and I found this to be the case. Satay is good, spring rolls were not. But overall, a very welcome addition and only ten minutes wait for pick up.

• Registered Users Posts: 656 ✭✭✭FirstIn

poldebruin wrote: »
    ....it was actually longer, but I thought the phrase "twice as long" was less petty than 110 minutes! Yes, I was watching the clock.

I think it was it's first weekend of opening, and I ordered fairly early, so I wasn't too concerned, just like to be told up front. My only gripe really.

I'm ordering now for my Friday night beer and takeaway!

Missus popped in there tonight as she was going to the Chakra with some work colleagues and asked them about delivery and it's only to Greystones, Delgany and Newcastle apparently :(

Alun wrote: »
    Missus popped in there tonight as she was going to the Chakra with some work colleagues and asked them about delivery and it's only to Greystones, Delgany and Newcastle apparently :(

probably for the best... if it takes them 2 hours to deliver to Greystones imagine how long it would take them to get the food to Bray!

probably for the best... if it takes them 2 hours to deliver to Greystones imagine how long it would take them to get the food to Bray!
    Their first night! A little harsh maybe?

• Registered Users Posts: 6,250 ✭✭✭pixbyjohn

It is tough going up Windgates on a carrier bike alright :D

• Registered Users Posts: 3,274 ✭✭✭cocker5

Ordered from here on their opening night, food was fab and very reasonable, its a welcome addition to Greystones.

They delivered in 50 mins (which i didnt mind as Indian spice have delivered after 1.5 hours sometimes) - based in Delgany

I think its a great new takeaway :D

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 904 ✭✭✭realgolfgeek

I ordered, they said it would take 40 minutes, and it took 40 minutes.

I have to say, I devoured the food, I thought it was fantastic. A very nice welcome to the area, hope they can keep it up.

• Moderators, Home & Garden Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators, Regional East Moderators Posts: 12,583 Mod ✭✭✭✭2011

I ordered, they said it would take 40 minutes, and it took 40 minutes.

I have to say, I devoured the food, I thought it was fantastic. A very nice welcome to the area, hope they can keep it up.

I had exactly the same experience tonight.
    Great food and value for money.

• Registered Users Posts: 741 ✭✭✭MyPerfectCousin

Collection tonight was 15 minutes, half the time of Indian Spice.

Collection tonight was 15 minutes, half the time of Indian Spice.
    yep, indian Spice is great but yeah when they say that will be about 55 minutes! You kind of think ummmmmmm!

• Registered Users Posts: 4,279 ✭✭✭The Bishop Basher

Had a meal earlier. Fresh food, cooked on the spot, absolutely beautiful. I can see us becoming regulars there for sure.

• Registered Users Posts: 251 ✭✭krieture

Got a take away last night. They said 30 mins. It was here in 30 mins. Lovely food. Fresh, spicy and no msg chinese additives. Highly recommend. Great addition to greystones

• Closed Accounts Posts: 8,493 ✭✭✭DazMarz

Myself and the housemate ordered from the Mango Tree tonight. Wow. Just wow. One of the best meals I've ever had. Seriously.

We got the Pork Satay, Duck Pad Thai, fried rice and noodles (hereafter to be referred to as "The Usual"). Everything was absolutely indescribably good. The noodles were different to what we were expecting, but no less delicious. The food was all fresh and excellently cooked. The Duck Pad Thai is absolutely delicious.

The whole lot, including delivery and a tip for the driver, came to €25. Really good value. Fed the two of us for €12.50 apiece, and fed us well.

Really impressed. Excellent. I cannot throw enough superlatives at this place.

Is there a restaurant there, or is it just take-out?

But to close, 10/10, welcome addition to Greystones, brilliant. Do not think about it, just order from there. It is unbelievable. I don't think even Gordon Ramsay could find fault! :P

• Registered Users Posts: 41,065 ✭✭✭✭Annasopra

It's just takeout

I had a takeaway from there last night and it was delicious.

I had the penang curry.

It was so much easier to blame it on Them. It was bleakly depressing to think that They were Us. If it was Them, then nothing was anyone's fault. If it was us, what did that make Me? After all, I'm one of Us. I must be. I've certainly never thought of myself as one of Them. No one ever thinks of themselves as one of Them. We're always one of Us. It's Them that do the bad things.

Terry Pratchet

• Registered Users Posts: 2,039 ✭✭✭Cerco

It's just takeout

I had a takeaway from there last night and it was delicious.

I had the penang curry.
    With or without the mango salsa? :)

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 9,936 ✭✭✭LEIN

Cerco wrote: »
    With or without the mango salsa? :)

I seen this one coming! :pac:

Advertisement