Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Nicest apartments in Limerick

• 26-02-2013 1:16pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 5,430 ✭✭✭

Following on from this closed thread - http://www.boards.ie/vbulletin/showthread.php?p=59179443

I'll be moving to town fairly soon, and I was just wondering if there are any changes to the above. I've been keeping an eye on daft for apartments in the Strand, but none have appeared recently. Is it full or what?

Any other recommendations for somewhere nice to live? Looking for a 2 bed apt.

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,853 ✭✭✭Poxyshamrock

The Strand Apartments are absolutely unreal! They're not in the city centre either so you wouldn't have as much noise as City Central Apartments or Riverpoint Apartments (which are very nice too)!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,101 ✭✭✭djdunny

is it just yourself looking for an apartment or will there be someone sharing? I live in Lansdowne Hall for 4 years and found it very good. Not as modern as The Strand but still pretty nice and fairly spacious. Its just down the road from The Strand on O'Callaghan Strand.

They have secure gates and underground parking, refuse was also included in the rent. It was only a stroll into town and if you get a penthouse apartment you would have a pretty decent view of the city.

Not much noise either apart from the odd group of people walking through the courtyard to get a taxi.

• Registered Users Posts: 63 ✭✭rushian

djdunny wrote: »
    is it just yourself looking for an apartment or will there be someone sharing? I live in Lansdowne Hall for 4 years and found it very good. Not as modern as The Strand but still pretty nice and fairly spacious. Its just down the road from The Strand on O'Callaghan Strand.

They have secure gates and underground parking, refuse was also included in the rent. It was only a stroll into town and if you get a penthouse apartment you would have a pretty decent view of the city.

Not much noise either apart from the odd group of people walking through the courtyard to get a taxi.

Is it safe down there? Was looking to move myself but wondered about the road leading up to the gates

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,287 ✭✭✭source

rushian wrote: »

Is it safe down there? Was looking to move myself but wondered about the road leading up to the gates

Lived there for a year myself, fantastic apartments, very quiet, most people don't even know they're up there.

No problems with safety, and I was working shift at the time so was coming and going at all hours.

rushian wrote: »

Yea as source said most people don't even know its there. Only things I've seen in my 4 years is some "odd" behavior on the strand ( rumour has it that it's a dogging hotspot )

The strand road had a makeover 2 years ago so it's very well lit.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 5,430 ✭✭✭testicle

djdunny wrote: »
    is it just yourself looking for an apartment or will there be someone sharing?

'Tis just meself.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,467 ✭✭✭h3000

I used to live in both Old Windmill Court and The Park apartments and loved both.

0118 999 881 999 119 725 3

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 13,591 ✭✭✭✭Aidric

Lived in The Strand for 2 years. Unquestionably the finest apartments in Limerick, perfectly located also.

Thanks for all the recommendations. The Strand is top of my list obviously, but they only seem to come up for rent very rarely, unless I'm looking in the wrong place...

Maybe call the letting agents direct. They might have more info than daft. Try Kersten Mehl or MCS. I'm fairly sure they both manage the complex.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 14,015 ✭✭✭✭Mc Love

You would do well to stay away from Kersten Mehl based on previous postings in this forum

Advertisement