Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Advice on selling and estate agents

Options
  • 26-02-2013 1:40pm

so im thinking of selling my home.
    i will only sell if it goes for more than my mortgage.
    this is my first house.

so im wondering as regards estate agents, do i pay them to come around and value the house?
    if it does go on the market but doesnt look likely to sell and i decide to take it off the market again, do i owe the estate agent money, or do they only get paid if the house sells?

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 37,300 ✭✭✭✭the_syco

bubblypop wrote: »
    if it does go on the market but doesnt look likely to sell and i decide to take it off the market again, do i owe the estate agent money, or do they only get paid if the house sells?
    Depends on the contract. Some people take it off the market and then sell it privately with someone the EA may have gotten win with their advertisements, etc, and thus most EA's have a clause saying that you have to pay them X amount no matter what.

• Registered Users Posts: 405 ✭✭newbie2013

No sale-no fee. Make sure you say this when you get an EA working for you. Tell him/her that if you sell it yourself then theres no-fee, just pay them for advertising. I dont know how much this would be thou. They usually advertise the property on a few sites , ive noticed that the fee is a few hundred but i dont know would EA get a cheaper rate than a private seller thou.

Advertisement