Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Charged twice for leaving Eircom

Options
  • 26-02-2013 1:55pm
    Registered Users Posts: 876 ✭✭✭

Hello, I changed my service to another provider in January. I received my "final bill" and there is a miscellaneous charge in lieu of one months notice to cease to provide service. 

Now I  received a "Closing bill" and it has charged me again for miscellaneous charge in lieu of one months notice to cease to provide service. 

So I have the same charge twice now. Also I am being charged VAT on these cancellation charges which I was under the impression is not legal.

Can a rep please help me?

☀️ 6.72kWp ⚡2.52kWp south, ⚡4.20kWp west

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,831 ✭✭✭eircom: Alan

Hello, I changed my service to another provider in January. I received my "final bill" and there is a miscellaneous charge in lieu of one months notice to cease to provide service. 

Now I  received a "Closing bill" and it has charged me again for miscellaneous charge in lieu of one months notice to cease to provide service. 

So I have the same charge twice now. Also I am being charged VAT on these cancellation charges which I was under the impression is not legal.

Hi keno-daytrader

Can you PM me the account number in question please? I will look into this and get back to you.

Regards

Al

• Registered Users Posts: 2,084 ✭✭✭JAMES VTI S

this happened to not one but two of my friends .....

• Registered Users Posts: 876 ✭✭✭keno-daytrader

Just a followup to customers, Eircom charged me a fee for canceling my phoneline, then a few days later they charged me another fee for canceling my broadband. 

What if Eircom wanted to charge a 200 Euro fee? Whats to stop them? 

☀️ 6.72kWp ⚡2.52kWp south, ⚡4.20kWp west

Advertisement