Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Convention organiser "apparently" robs money

• 26-02-2013 1:59pm
    Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 10,259 ✭✭✭✭

Just had someone on my facebook share this Status
    How low do you have to be to do that on a sick little girl we know how much can be made at the tattoo conventions , the last 3 years when Lisa was running the one ones for our Saibhe she made a lot of money for Saibhe , to turn around and say you made no money for Magen and her family it a utter disgrace and you should be ashamed of yourself , this tattoo convention was always a great success , how low do you have to be to do that on a sick little girl , you are one sick scum bag shame on you

This was to do with the convention which took place last weekend in Donegal. This person organised the convention with the promise that all money would go to a girl from the area who is very sick. When it came to coughing up the money, apparently she didnt make enough to give anything.

I know exactly how much she was charging artists for booths so its obviously complete bullshít. I wont name and shame her unless given the "go-ahead" from a mod.

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,629 ✭✭✭Adiboo

Saw that as well. Disgraceful behaviour.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 11,224 ✭✭✭✭Marty McFly

Yeh I seen that shared and was wondering what it was all about as the shared status didn't share which convention. Horrible thing to do, person who organized must really be the lowest of the low.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 7,132 ✭✭✭Just Like Heaven

Crap buzz and shit for the local industry up there. So unpleasant to read this stuff when it starts circulating facebook etc. Hope something can be sorted. If I was this organiser I would try and provide transparent finances ASAP. If not shame on them.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 10,259 ✭✭✭✭Melion

She has said €70 profit was made over the weekend. €70!!!! It was a tenner in for 1 day alone. She was charging over €300 per booth. How the hell can she say only €70 profit was made?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 30,123 ✭✭✭✭Star Lord

Melion wrote: »
    I wont name and shame her unless given the "go-ahead" from a mod.

Thanks for that. Please don't name. I know it'd be easy enough for people to figure it out if they wanted to, but best to steer the site clear of any possible ramifications from stating it here!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,352 ✭✭✭antocann

" why what happened to the bands money they donated and all the money on the door?"

a quote from a comment someone made ,

i did not attend , but would also be wondering what happend to that , shame on the person who organized it ,

This is the same woman who runs a piercing seminar and says she can teach you how to pierce properly over a weekend.

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Music Moderators, Regional Midlands Moderators Posts: 24,126 Mod ✭✭✭✭Angron

Melion wrote: »
    This is the same woman who runs a piercing seminar and says she can teach you how to pierce properly over a weekend.

Sounds legit to me :P

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 510 ✭✭✭feelpablo

Im from the area and didnt bother my hole attending, for these reasons..

A: Didnt know it was on until the monday before when a sh!te flyer came with the post.

B: I have met the said organiser a few times and the manner they conducted themselves in was less than favourable.

C: has opened a tattoo studio in the locality recently with little and I mean maybe actually only weeks to months experience.

D: there was a lack of known artists at it...I have been to the last three, got work done by Rob Mulligan, and fatcat sligo. Remis was there last year and no fault to the artists there this year but it just wasnt the same calibre (in my eyes anyway).

Hopefully the wee girl and her family get what they were promised and if this person has shafted them, well theres gonna be a sh!t storm.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 11,255 ✭✭✭✭Esoteric_

Jesus, that's sickening if it's true. how could someone get a person's hopes up like that, just to make a profit? absolutely sick. :mad:

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 14,681 ✭✭✭✭P_1

Either the organiser has some very questionable ethics or has one of the worst set of business skills known to mankind.

Sadly I'd suspect the former.

The piercing seminar I mentioned earlier would tell me she has absolutely no ethics whatsoever.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,158 ✭✭✭Arawn

I'm guessing this is a middle aged piercer....if so I can say I'm not shocked

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,681 ✭✭✭bodice ripper

I think there is an unfair amount of conjecture and abuse in this thread.

Doing a poor job of organising an event and patrons is NOT even close to the same thing as stealing money from a sick child.

And since we don't have proof here that it was stolen, perhaps it would be best to not completely destroy this woman publicly online.

If she has the paperwork, she has the paperwork. has she the paperwork?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,879 ✭✭✭D3PO

I think there is an unfair amount of conjecture and abuse in this thread.

Doing a poor job of organising an event and patrons is NOT even close to the same thing as stealing money from a sick child.

And since we don't have proof here that it was stolen, perhaps it would be best to not completely destroy this woman publicly online.

your the only person that has used the word stealling or a derivitive of it in this thread. Also nobody has been named so I dont see how anybody is being completely destroyed publically. If I were the person in question i would be very quick to post up details of income and expenses to clarify the situation.

Its completly understandable for people to assume the worst if this doesnt happen

D3PO wrote: »
    your the only person that has used the word stealling or a derivitive of it in this thread. Also nobody has been named so I dont see how anybody is being completely destroyed publically. If I were the person in question i would be very quick to post up details of income and expenses to clarify the situation.

Its completly understandable for people to assume the worst if this doesnt happen

Instead of posting up details of income, she changed the FB group from open to closed.

No she's not, even the thread title says "robs".

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,879 ✭✭✭D3PO

No she's not, even the thread title says "robs".

it says apparantly robs. Innocent until prove guilty and all that. Although her actions, closing the FB group and not responding to the allegations speaks volumes.

it will come back to bite her in the ass. Who would go to her to get inked after this, unfortunalty thats cold comfort for the sick child.

it says apparantly robs. Innocent until prove guilty and all that. Although her actions, closing the FB group and not responding to the allegations speaks volumes.

it will come back to bite her in the ass. Who would go to her to get inked after this, unfortunalty thats cold comfort for the sick child.

And what Bodice Ripper said was:

so she didn't infer guilt either. What you're saying is much more definite, including implying guilt!

We don't know what happened with the money but to be fair the signs don't look too good, to be putting it mildly.

If she made a mistake all she needs to do is to hold her hands up and say 'I fcuked up, sorry'.

Closing the facebook group doesn't exactly send out the right message.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,352 ✭✭✭antocann

but still what i dont get is , where did the bands money that was donated go ,

antocann wrote: »
    but still what i dont get is , where did the bands money that was donated go ,

Well to play devils advocate for a moment, she could have totally miscalculated how much it would have cost to rent out the venue, pay insurance etc and have been left with SFA to give to the charity at the end of the day.

Advertisement