Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Family Sun Holiday

Options
  • 26-02-2013 2:10pm
    Registered Users Posts: 1,119 ✭✭✭

Hi all. I expected there to be lots of threads on this subject but could only seem to find a few old ones. I was looking for recommendations for family sun holidays (2 adults, 2 kids, 7 & 4) to Spain / Portugal (although am open to others). For the last couple of years we have been to the Sunset Beach Club in Benalmadena which is great but we felt like a change this year. We were hoping to go on a keycamp holiday to Lake Garda or the South of France but seem to have left it too late and the prices in July and August have gone mad by the time you add in car hire. So am now at a loss as to where to go. It has to be July / August and somewhere very family friendly (good pool, good playground, good evening entertainment). The budget for ideally 10 days would be approx €2,500. Any ideas would be greatly appreciated! Thanks!

Comments

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 1,183 ✭✭✭almighty1

After extensive research, I ended up booking this hotel for 11 nights. Has a really magnificient pool for the kids and good entertainment too. Only caveat is that it has to be booked through Thomson UK.

http://www.tripadvisor.ie/Hotel_Review-g580286-d290040-Reviews-Protur_Bonaire_Aparthotel-Cala_Bona_Majorca_Balearic_Islands.html

1300sterling excluding food

Breakfast:
    Adults 13,00 Euros / Children 7-12 years 6,50 Euros.

Half board:
    Adults 28,00 Euros / Children 7-12 years 14 Euros.

All inclusive:
    Adults 47,00 Euros / Children 7-12 years 23,50 Euros.

All prices are per person per day. Children 0 - 6 years free of charge

• Registered Users Posts: 1,119 ✭✭✭BlazingSaddler

almighty1 wrote: »
    After extensive research, I ended up booking this hotel for 11 nights. Has a really magnificient pool for the kids and good entertainment too. Only caveat is that it has to be booked through Thomson UK.

http://www.tripadvisor.ie/Hotel_Review-g580286-d290040-Reviews-Protur_Bonaire_Aparthotel-Cala_Bona_Majorca_Balearic_Islands.html

1300sterling excluding food

Breakfast:
    Adults 13,00 Euros / Children 7-12 years 6,50 Euros.

Half board:
    Adults 28,00 Euros / Children 7-12 years 14 Euros.

All inclusive:
    Adults 47,00 Euros / Children 7-12 years 23,50 Euros.

All prices are per person per day. Children 0 - 6 years free of charge
    Thank you so much for this. The reviews look good and I took a quick look at the pics and it looks nice. I will price it up later when the kids are in bed! Are you flying from Belfast?

mattb74 wrote: »
    Thank you so much for this. The reviews look good and I took a quick look at the pics and it looks nice. I will price it up later when the kids are in bed! Are you flying from Belfast?

No from Dublin. I booked the flights myself but the hotel through Thomson Uk.
    We will have to transfer from airport to hotel ourselves. Just looked at spreadsheet, Flights + car parking, 11 nights hotel 1/2 board and taxi to/from airport/hotel = €2754. 2 adults and 2 kids (6 and 4).

I can PM you the finer detail if you want.

almighty1 wrote: »

No from Dublin. I booked the flights myself but the hotel through Thomson Uk.
    We will have to transfer from airport to hotel ourselves. Just looked at spreadsheet, Flights + car parking, 11 nights hotel 1/2 board and taxi to/from airport/hotel = €2754. 2 adults and 2 kids (6 and 4).

I can PM you the finer detail if you want.
    Thanks again! Who are you flying with?

• Registered Users Posts: 109 ✭✭Alidee

Try Salou... short flight to Reus. Las Vegas hotel half board if you can get it is fab. Near beach and edge of town. Also Salou Princess, Regina Gran or any H10 hotels. Nice day trips to nearby Tarragona or boat trip to Cambrils......lots to do, also Fuertuventura theme park, expensive but available....

• Advertisement

Alidee wrote: »
    Try Salou... short flight to Reus. Las Vegas hotel half board if you can get it is fab. Near beach and edge of town. Also Salou Princess, Regina Gran or any H10 hotels. Nice day trips to nearby Tarragona or boat trip to Cambrils......lots to do, also Fuertuventura theme park, expensive but available....

+1 for that. Salou is a great place for kids. We stayed at the Regina Gran about 10 years ago and it was lovely, a couple of minor grumbles but nothing major.

• Registered Users Posts: 109 ✭✭Alidee

Reus airport is a lot less stressful than Malaga or Palma, it's basic but no pressure with small kids. Has very small duty free area. Caribe water park is also in Salou, it's great fun. Check Tripadvisor Salou forum for reviews of hotels etc. Have gone as a couple and with young and teen children. Great buzz if you have a nice hotel Ask for sea view in Las Vegas hotel, it's a great spot with lovely pools, immaculately kept and Ok entertainment at night.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 114 ✭✭titchy

You should have a look at Sanguli Salou (fly into Reus) if you were thinking of a key camp style holiday.
    We booked direct with Sanguli, Ryanair flights into Reus, hopped into a taxi outside airport.
    It looks exactly like it does on the website fabulous facilities, immaculate, fantastic pools, wouldn't hesitate recommending it, or returning.
    It's only 3 minutes walk to the beach, lovely walk along promenade into Salou.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,559 ✭✭✭Daisy M

If you are interested in a keycamp holiday and there is no availability or it is too expensive on your dates phone your chosen parks and see if they are cheaper. We are going to Lake Garda booked with Keycamp in Jan and even then there was limited availability.
    Bella Italia and Altomincio in Lake Garda get great reviews, you can fly to Bergamo with Ryanair and I think Airlingus fly to Verona.

Also for the Salou area as well as Sanguli their sister Cambrills is very popular. Both these areas have theme parks nearby.

A little late but thank you all for the recommendations. I think i'll book earlier next year and try to get to the Protur Bonaire, looks fab. I ended up booking a campsite for this year, La Croix du Vieux Pont in Compiegne, outside Paris. We're heading over on the boat so a long drive down from Cherbourg but should be part of the adventure!

• Advertisement
Advertisement