Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Kids Running Out inFront of Cars

Options
  • 26-02-2013 2:17pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 2,663 ✭✭✭

Anyone that is from the north Side of the City,

just to make you aware young kids and teens. are Running out infront of Cars up around Apple Computers and the back road of Knocknaheeny / Kilmore Heights

if you need to travel there at mid-Night just drive slow.
    My Car front Axle is gone, Some Pr*ck Ran out infront of me it was either brake and end up hitting them or hit the break and swing it onto the Step.

Its only after coming to my attending, that those feckers are people Chicken with one another, daring each other to run across the road as a car comes every closer to them.. Im shocked that no one has being Killed be it a Kid or a Driver in a Car..

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 2,552 ✭✭✭Steoob

Could be what happened up on the Old Youghal Road last week

• Registered Users Posts: 553 ✭✭✭upstairs for coffee

Why would they do this?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 8,411 ✭✭✭ABajaninCork

It's called 'Chicken' and it's the little scrots idea of fun!!! :mad:

Happens around the back streets off Cathedral Road too....

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,663 ✭✭✭Cork24

Could be what happened to that kid car couldn't stop in time..

If that is the case well he wont be doing it again..
    Harsh but true.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 8,411 ✭✭✭ABajaninCork

Old Youghal Road is VERY narrow. The 208 bus also runs along that road. I've noticed cars try to get down the hill as quick as possible, in case of meeting another car.

I always creep down in 3rd gear, but have seen cars speeding down when the road widens (probably about 25-30mph, but too fast for the road IYKWIM). Car probably didn't stop in time.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 2,663 ✭✭✭Cork24

Either way I am just highlighting the problem facing people driving, car insurance is high enough without the risk of knocking them fu*kers down and risking higher cost on your half and them walking out of court richer..

• Closed Accounts Posts: 7,230 ✭✭✭Solair

If this kind of stuff starts we will all have to get dashcams to record everything so that we can avoid fraudulent insurance claims and being prosecuted unfairly!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,175 ✭✭✭hoodwinked

they are also setting off bangers and using lasers on drivers aiming for the drivers eyes in the mayfield area.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,953 ✭✭✭aujopimur

We used to play chicken with traffic in the 50's, great crack.

• Registered Users Posts: 408 ✭✭Totally Tropical

hoodwinked wrote: »
    they are also setting off bangers and using lasers on drivers aiming for the drivers eyes in the mayfield area.

I thought that was just a halloween/new years thing.Is all this carry on because Patricks Day is around the corner?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 60 ✭✭seamusmcspud

I suppose its like "Natural Selection"...... these types of characters are gonna be killed off in their 'natural habitat'!!

• Registered Users Posts: 8,599 ✭✭✭ScrubsfanChris

Solair wrote: »
    If this kind of stuff starts we will all have to get dashcams to record everything so that we can avoid fraudulent insurance claims and being prosecuted unfairly!
    I already have, used to use it occasionally for long journeys but now use it nearly all the time. Especially in the last 2 weeks where on 3 occasions I was nearly side-swiped near the road works on the south link becasue people discovered they were in the wrong lane and panicked....
    I don't drive an expensive car but I am worried about fraud and idiots (like the OP is talking about)
    /rant :P

On related note re: stupid kids...... a few weeks back I saw kids in the housing estate behind Mahon Point throwing small stones and tennis balls at passing cars. Their parents obviously don't give a sh*t....

• Registered Users Posts: 1,301 ✭✭✭Flesh Gorden

If they are dumb enough to be playing chicken with cars, you can be sure their friends will be dumb enough to record and upload it.

Which in turn would help the defense of the driver if they tried to sue due to contributory liability on their own part for any injuries sustained.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,165 ✭✭✭beer enigma

If they are dumb enough to be playing chicken with cars, you can be sure their friends will be dumb enough to record and upload it.

Which in turn would help the defense of the driver if they tried to sue due to contributory liability on their own part for any injuries sustained.

From regular experience in this field, I think you'll find it very difficult to persuade a judge to allow contrib. negligence from a minor. Even in cases where video evidence has been provided, judges still tend to fall back on the principle that a driver has to be aware of his surroundings where cars are parked and be able to stop in an emergency situation.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,544 ✭✭✭Hogzy

Did you call the Gardai about this? Its not much use posting it on an internet forum.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 475 ✭✭ManMade

Please tell me this is just the north side!

• Registered Users Posts: 587 ✭✭✭stacexD

Got this around Togher one day too... althought i could tell a mile off he was about to do it

• Registered Users Posts: 880 ✭✭✭celica00

I'd probably jump out and run after the kids (after reading this now)....

Advertisement