Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Short term accommodation in Balbriggan

Options
  • 26-02-2013 3:24pm
    Registered Users Posts: 503 ✭✭✭

Does anyone know of any short term lettings in Balbriggan? I'm looking for accommodation for my parents from mid-March until mid-April, but most places want a minimum of a 12 month lease, so it's proving difficult to find something.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 1,606 ✭✭✭sgarvan

Contact the Bracken Court Hotel. They have apartments. May be able to get something there

• Registered Users Posts: 503 ✭✭✭aniascor

sgarvan wrote: »
    Contact the Bracken Court Hotel. They have apartments. May be able to get something there
    Thanks for the suggestion. I was in the Bracken Court on Friday enquiring but they are booked out for a couple of days in the timeframe we need, and the best price they quoted was €59 per night for the month. Works out too expensive for us.

They never mentioned the possibility of apartments.

• Moderators, Business & Finance Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 51,688 Mod ✭✭✭✭Stheno

aniascor wrote: »
    Thanks for the suggestion. I was in the Bracken Court on Friday enquiring but they are booked out for a couple of days in the timeframe we need, and the best price they quoted was €59 per night for the month. Works out too expensive for us.

They never mentioned the possibility of apartments.

That's about €420 a week, I'd a look on daft, and most short term lets are about that, didn't come across any in Balbriggan but a few in Swords.

If you search holiday homes on daft it will give you an idea.

Does it have to be Balbriggan? I.e. do they have a car that they can use if they stayed somewhere else?

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Politics Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators, Regional East Moderators Posts: 12,110 CMod ✭✭✭✭Dizzyblonde

You could also contact a few estate agents. Often people who have an empty house or apartment waiting to be sold would welcome the chance to get a few weeks' rent for it.

Stheno wrote: »
    That's about €420 a week, I'd a look on daft, and most short term lets are about that, didn't come across any in Balbriggan but a few in Swords.

If you search holiday homes on daft it will give you an idea.

Does it have to be Balbriggan? I.e. do they have a car that they can use if they stayed somewhere else?
    Holiday homes were my first thought too - they are proving problematic though because Paddy's weekend and Easter are in the middle of the timeframe we're looking at so many of them don't have full availability.

• Advertisement

You could also contact a few estate agents. Often people who have an empty house or apartment waiting to be sold would welcome the chance to get a few weeks' rent for it.

Thanks. I called into five estate agents in the town. Two said they'd get back to me but didn't and the others said they wouldn't deal with less than a 12 month lease because the paperwork wouldn't be worth their while.

I've tried contacting private landlords in the area as well, but no luck I'm afraid.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 714 ✭✭✭PlainP

Check out the Balbriggan.net or Balbriggan.info page. You could send them an email and they might post the details on their page.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,332 ✭✭✭tatli_lokma

Thanks for all the advice everyone. Found a holiday home in Bettystown, so all sorted now.

Advertisement