Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Things to do this weekend in Cork

Options
  • 26-02-2013 3:29pm
    Registered Users Posts: 620 ✭✭✭

Myself and a friend are heading to Cork for the weekend, staying in the City Centre and were wondering can anyone recommend what we should do for the weekend? Is there any good pubs, restaurants, clubs to go to at night.

Thanks.

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 14,158 ✭✭✭✭hufpc8w3adnk65

The Thomond bar does nice cheap pub grub and live music if thats what your into..as for pubs/clubs what kinda music you into and what ages are ye approx?

• Registered Users Posts: 2,613 ✭✭✭evilivor

shoes34 wrote: »
    Myself and a friend are heading to Cork for the weekend, staying in the City Centre and were wondering can anyone recommend what we should do for the weekend? Is there any good pubs, restaurants, clubs to go to at night.

Thanks.

Whaz On Cork

• Registered Users Posts: 7,544 ✭✭✭Hogzy

MrMac84 wrote: »
    The Thomond bar does nice cheap pub grub and live music if thats what your into..as for pubs/clubs what kinda music you into and what ages are ye approx?

There are much better places to go than The Thomond Bar for cheap pub grub. Quality of the food in that place is woeful if you ask me.

OP, try electric for a good quality cheap meal. They have a new early bird menu. €19 for 2 courses. Check their facebook page. Woodford is another nice place for a quiet few drinks.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,015 ✭✭✭Ludo

19 euro for 2 courses cheap? Is that for a steak or something?

Ludo wrote: »
    19 euro for 2 courses cheap? Is that for a steak or something?

No but its for excellent quality food. If you are looking for cheap then go to Mcdonalds.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 5,015 ✭✭✭Ludo

Lol. You are the one who said cheap.

Ludo wrote: »
    Lol. You are the one who said cheap.

What I meant to say was good value. I, as well as many other people seek good value. Id much rather pay quality rather than quantity. Most places nowadays are cheap because they cut down on quality. I find this isnt so with Electric.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 14,158 ✭✭✭✭hufpc8w3adnk65

Hogzy wrote: »

There are much better places to go than The Thomond Bar for cheap pub grub. Quality of the food in that place is woeful if you ask me.

OP, try electric for a good quality cheap meal. They have a new early bird menu. €19 for 2 courses. Check their facebook page. Woodford is another nice place for a quiet few drinks.
    You class cheap pub grub as 19 quid each??can I get a job where you work?
    The Thomond might not do caviar in blue oater sauce etc like electric would but it does nice normally food reasonably priced which I amoungst others enjoy.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 13,030 ✭✭✭✭Chuck Stone

You could go to argument corner... oh wait - you're there already!

:pac:

MrMac84 wrote: »
    You class cheap pub grub as 19 quid each??can I get a job where you work?
    The Thomond might not do caviar in blue oater sauce etc like electric would but it does nice normally food reasonably priced which I amoungst others enjoy.

Electric also do fish and chips if that is more suited to your taste, they also do burgers etc. You dont have to go for the early bird 2 course menu. You could obviously buy from their other menus and get one single course for cheaper. Look here

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 701 ✭✭✭lostinsuperfunk

The Pavilion is a good spot for a burger. Good quality and value, everything seems to be prepared and cooked on the spot.. I think they only do food in the daytime though.
    The Bierhalle is another good-value spot for food, and if you like beer you'll be happy there.

Advertisement