Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Irish in Grande Prairie Alberta Canada

Options
  • 26-02-2013 3:55pm
    Registered Users Posts: 35

Hi i just wanted to start a place where irish people, or anyone living in Grande Prairie could chat and help each other out. So anyone living there or planning on moving there we look forward to hearing from you. Thanks.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 40 dealdish

We are an Irish family trying to move out of SK.Do you mind telling us a little about where ye live.What we are looking for is a small town in great surroundings with work for Excavator operator and I am a hospital worker.We are obviously very nervous about move as we have been told health care ,car insurance,schooling and income tax AND housing are double the price of sk.My email is <snip> any help would be so helpful.WE MISS THE TREES AND HILLS SO MUCH

• Registered Users Posts: 35 bucket and spade

Hi Dealdish im actually in Ireland, im waiting on my paperwork to come through before i can go over and work. I got a job with an electrical company in G.P. Im moving over with my girlfriend and 7yr old son. Yeah its expensive in G.P but they have the good wages to compensate. Excavator operator and hospital job should be well paid jobs, i think a move is more reassuring when you know you have work lined up for when you get there.

• Registered Users Posts: 14,298 ✭✭✭✭retalivity

I wouldn't go posting personal emails on an open forum...
    dealdish wrote: »
    WE MISS THE TREES AND HILLS SO MUCH

lol...if anything could sum up sk, this would be it.

• Registered Users Posts: 167 ✭✭rusheen

Alot of rednecks up there

• Registered Users Posts: 52 ✭✭coulagh1986

West Cork Rednecks....

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 35 locoo

Any Irish up here these days!?

• Registered Users Posts: 2 markamaguire

Hi,
    Moved here in January, have not meet any Irish, dont know if there is any Irish social scene going on, if anybody knows of any would be great to hear?

Hey, there was a Irish in grande prairie page setup about a month ago. Theres about 15 or so on it. Ive been here about 18months and only met a few from back home.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,752 ✭✭✭el diablo

Hey, there was a Irish in grande prairie page setup about a month ago. Theres about 15 or so on it. Ive been here about 18months and only met a few from back home.

Only a few? You're lucky. :)

We're all in this psy-op together.🤨

• Registered Users Posts: 2 markamaguire

Hi Coulagh 1986, any idea where that Irish in Grande Praitie page is ?

• Advertisement

https://www.facebook.com/groups/798161263537972/

That's the link. If it dosent work type Irish in Grande Prairie into Facebook and I should come up.

All set for winter :)

• Registered Users Posts: 1 documentary1

Hello all,

I'm a documentary maker and I'm looking to speak to people who have emigrated to Canada from Ireland. Please DM if you have time for a chat. Many thanks, Ciara

Advertisement