Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Tricky 1st Birthday present need help

Options
  • 26-02-2013 7:34pm
    Registered Users Posts: 37

Hope I'm posting this in the right place if no please move

Ok so I'm the proud daddy of a soon to be one year old little boy the problem is while my wife was pregnant with him her dad past away with out warning when his body was returned to the family an envelope with all he had in his pocket in it.

In this envelope was €15 which was straight away hand to me and I was told to get something for the baby when born now with all the buzz of the arrival of my son I forgot all about the money in my bedside locker and took a while to remember so I decided to put it off till the first birthday

Now I have no idea what I could get that would be along term keep sake for my son and my wife and mother inlaw seem to have completely forgotten bout this money so I'd like to have something as a surprise

Any ideas people

Thank you in advance

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 1,992 ✭✭✭dublinlady

Hope I'm posting this in the right place if no please move

Ok so I'm the proud daddy of a soon to be one year old little boy the problem is while my wife was pregnant with him her dad past away with out warning when his body was returned to the family an envelope with all he had in his pocket in it.

In this envelope was €15 which was straight away hand to me and I was told to get something for the baby when born now with all the buzz of the arrival of my son I forgot all about the money in my bedside locker and took a while to remember so I decided to put it off till the first birthday

Now I have no idea what I could get that would be along term keep sake for my son and my wife and mother inlaw seem to have completely forgotten bout this money so I'd like to have something as a surprise

Any ideas people

Thank you in advance

Would you consider buying a mint condition coin from this yr- as in the year your son was born and also the year her father gave it to him as such?
    I don't know what's available at the mo but if its something that sounds good to you check out dublinmintoffice.ie

Obvs it's not a great toy as such..., but it's a keepsake that should be affordable for that price!

• Moderators, Education Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 18,953 Mod ✭✭✭✭Moonbeam

a double photo frame with a pic of the baby and the grandad?

• Registered Users Posts: 505 ✭✭✭oakshade

Moonbeam wrote: »
    a double photo frame with a pic of the baby and the grandad?

+1 on this

• Registered Users Posts: 318 ✭✭littlemissfixit

in the same vein as the photo frame, if you want to invest a little more you could have some professionaly done "collage" of photos since they dont have one of the two of them. Some photographer can do some amazing stuff...

• Registered Users Posts: 37 mightymouse311

Hi guy thanks for the help lucky we are only married 3 year and have had a couple of photo shots done of our little man all with memoryphotography in Arklow so I'm going to contact Brian and see what he can do for me seen as he has all the photos on file

Thanks. Again for your help😄

• Advertisement
Advertisement