Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

El Clasico - Copa del Rey

• 26-02-2013 8:19pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 12,832 ✭✭✭✭

Barça: Pinto, Alves, Piqué, Puyol, Alba, Busquets, Xavi, Cesc, Iniesta, Pedro, Messi

Real Madrid: Diego López; Arbeloa, Varane, Ramos, Coentrao; Xabi Alonso, Khedira; Cristiano, Özil, Di María, Higuaín.

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 8,763 ✭✭✭Jax Teller

Arbeloa starts instead of Pepe must have injured himself in warm up or something

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,101 ✭✭✭NUTZZ

Jax Teller wrote: »
    Arbeloa starts instead of Pepe must have injured himself in warm up or something

Wasn't Pepe on the bench for the United game too?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 12,832 ✭✭✭✭Blatter

Jax Teller wrote: »

I think it was just a mistake because Pepe's on the bench. I was wondering why Arbeloa was left out because he usually starts in all the big games for Real and they're playing their strongest team tonight, apart from maybe Benzema who's in terrible form atm.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 19,258 ✭✭✭✭MrStuffins

Grabbed Madrid @4/1.

VENGA LOS BLANCOS!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 12,832 ✭✭✭✭Blatter

NUTZZ wrote: »
    Wasn't Pepe on the bench for the United game too?

Yes, he's not long back from injury and Varane's form has been so good he's found it difficult to get back into the side.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,116 ✭✭✭Professional Griefer

Ronny for 2 pls.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,296 ✭✭✭RandolphEsq

Can see Real winning this outright, Barca seem a little shaken with all that is going on with Tito in that they are lacking some guidance. When the chips were down against A.C. they didn't really have any answer. Real have a proven manager who performs under pressure and in the big games, not sure if Barca will have an answer against Real and against AC in the 2nd leg of the CL.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 11,553 ✭✭✭✭Copper_pipe

Ronny for 2 pls.

Have 20 on him to get 2 or more at 11/2

Have 20 on him to get 2 or more at 11/2

Ha, I have 2 quid on it with PP as well. Its all I had left after I put some on Cork tonight.

• Registered Users Posts: 8,868 ✭✭✭Andersonisgod

Shame we aren't seeing either Villa or Tello from the start after their game changing performances against Sevilla at the weekend.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 8,868 ✭✭✭Andersonisgod

The Camp Nou in full voice, in full colour, there is no finer sight in football.

That music sounded like something out of the Godfather .

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,376 ✭✭✭Anyone

Close!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 10,386 ✭✭✭✭DDC1990

Nearly a great start for Messi after just over a minute.

Narrowly wide.

Poor from Higuain playing it back to Ronaldo so soon. Needed more composure.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 29,346 ✭✭✭✭homerjay2005

does away goals count in this one?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 13,222 ✭✭✭✭Will I Amnt

The Camp Nou in full voice, in full colour, there is no finer sight in football.
    The Camp Nou cat calls in full effect. No more annoying sound in football... Except Niall Quinns commentary obviously.

does away goals count in this one?

Yep, lively start anyway.

Barca far more confident playing at home.

Peno!!!

• Advertisement

Clear peno

• Closed Accounts Posts: 13,222 ✭✭✭✭Will I Amnt

Stonewaller.

Penalty Real! Come on Ronnie 2+ goals!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,929 ✭✭✭JaMarcus Hustle

What on earth were Puyol and Pique giving out about!?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,942 ✭✭✭missingtime

****ing crap tackle...

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 10,772 ✭✭✭✭Paul Tergat

doesnt do it in the big games!

The **** in. One more Ronny!

What on earth were Puyol and Pique giving out about!?

its horrible that they do that. implying he conned the ref when it was a clear pen

• Registered Users Posts: 3,707 ✭✭✭CR 7

RONALDOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
    :D:D:D:D:D

• Advertisement

1-0 Real. Ronaldo coolly puts the penalty away to a mass shrill of whistles and chorus of boos. Nou Camp suddenly quietens before Barca tip off. Fantastic stuff.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,623 ✭✭✭double GG

scored in each of last 7 clasicos.

doesnt do it in the big games!

6th game in a row at the Nou Camp he has scored against them :eek::eek::eek::eek::eek:

that is just insane, the winner in the CDR final is there also and numerous other goals against them. sensational stuff from him.

haha the crowd are getting so wound up. Fabregas and Alba diving in quick succession. Barca rattled big time?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 26,578 ✭✭✭✭Turtwig

Very classy from Pique. :rolleyes:

6th game in a row at the Nou Camp he has scored against them :eek::eek::eek::eek::eek:

that is just insane, the winner in the CDR final is there also and numerous other goals against them. sensational stuff from him.

people still believe that comment too, somehow.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 4,672 ✭✭✭elefant

Do they really though?

I thought you were trolling, since I don't know anyone who actually believes that anymore.

clowns they are called, not people.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,320 ✭✭✭v3ttel

Stonewall penalty. He clearly didn't get the ball and took Ronaldo down. Pique's reaction is a bit of a joke. How could he have any complaints whatsoever?

The reaction of Pique, Busquets, Puyol and the comments of the stand-in manager about how poor Barcelona's results are with this ref makes me want Madrid to win this one.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 38,986 ✭✭✭✭eagle eye

I think Tito's absence is really affecting Barca. I've watched a lot of them and they really look like a lot less organised over the last while.

elefant wrote: »
    Do they really though?

I thought you were trolling, since I don't know anyone who actually believes that anymore.

loads of people still believe it and regularly bring it up in those daft ronnie v messi arguments

not sure how you thought it could be trolling though

• Advertisement

Bale would have scored that .

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 38,986 ✭✭✭✭eagle eye

Rooney10 wrote: »
    Stonewall penalty. He clearly didn't get the ball and took Ronaldo down. Pique's reaction is a bit of a joke. How could he have any complaints whatsoever?

The reaction of Pique, Busquets, Puyol and the comments of the stand-in manager about how poor Barcelona's results are with this ref makes me want Madrid to win this one.

Why are you complaining about players moaning over a penalty decision? That happens almost every time there is a penalty in a game of football.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 26,578 ✭✭✭✭Turtwig

eagle eye wrote: »
    Why are you complaining about players moaning over a penalty decision? That happens almost every time there is a penalty in a game of football.

Because Pique knew he missed the ball completely and his over reactions and complaining to the assistant ref was just silly.

doesnt make it right. hes being accused of diving when its quite clear he was fouled. the players are wrongly accusing him of cheating

Completely agree. It isn't necessarily to change the ref's mind but instead to possibly influence him giving a yellow or not, not giving another penalty next contentious tackle or even to influence his decision to give that team a penalty to 'make up for it'. A ref is only human and can be influenced.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 10,386 ✭✭✭✭DDC1990

Barca playing all the football.

Real looking to hoof it up to Ronaldo on the break.

Its working though, and they look like getting at least another 1.

Brilliant from Ozil, should've had a free kick.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,207 ✭✭✭miralize

Xavi is struggling to find passes fast enough..

DDC1990 wrote: »
    Barca playing all the football.

Real looking to hoof it up to Ronaldo on the break.

Its working though, and they look like getting at least another 1.

Definitely not an accurate assessment. Barca started like that the first 5 minutes but now forcing it and Real playing some great football all round since those opening minutes.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,207 ✭✭✭miralize

Questionable referee is questionable...

• Advertisement
Advertisement