Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

El Clasico - Copa del Rey

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 10,386 ✭✭✭✭DDC1990

Definitely not an accurate assessment. Barca started like that the first 5 minutes but now forcing it and Real playing some great football all round since those opening minutes.

I disagree, Barca have controlled the game (70% possession), are putting nice passes together but build up is slow and doesn't look all that dangerous. Fabregas and Xavi have been disapointing with their final ball.

Real Madrid are not putting decent phases together, they are much more direct, and are looking for Ronaldo every time, but a lot of the time they are just giving the ball away quickly. However, they look really fast and strong on the break.

When was the last time Madrid had the ball for more then 30 seconds?

No penalty there poor form from Pedro. And then the referee blocks Messi off! Amateur stuff.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 12,832 ✭✭✭✭Blatter

Game of the season so far imo.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 29,346 ✭✭✭✭homerjay2005

miralize wrote: »
    Xavi is struggling to find passes fast enough..

he has been anonymous to be honest.

Barca are some bunch of whingers, going down at every chance and screaming for everything. alot of diving from both sides it can be said.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,629 ✭✭✭me89

That was a long advantage.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,296 ✭✭✭RandolphEsq

Varane is a rock at the back. Seems like an absolute professional too.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,207 ✭✭✭miralize

he has been anonymous to be honest.

Barca(& Real) are some bunch of whingers, going down at every chance and screaming for everything. alot of diving from both sides it can be said.

Its a clasico, what do you expect? I'm not denying you're right, but theyve both done it...

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 10,772 ✭✭✭✭Paul Tergat

was sure that was in

Very close from Messi, the comeback is slowly starting :)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 11,503 ✭✭✭✭fullstop

Does Gerry Armstrong wreck anyone else's head? Seems to call everything wrong.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 38,986 ✭✭✭✭eagle eye

I was sure that Messi has scored there.

I notice there is nobody giving out about the Real players surrounding the ref after the free kick was given for the foul on Iniesta.

Bad tackle by Puyol.

EDIT: On second viewing, looks like a vintage Ronaldo dive. Haven't seen that one in a while. No touch at all it would seem.
    Still was a wild lunge by Puyol, and the yellow was warrented.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,376 ✭✭✭Anyone

Good game this, more goals please, pref one from Alves since I have him backed to score.

fullstop wrote: »
    Does Gerry Armstrong wreck anyone else's head? Seems to call everything wrong.

Its those outlandidsh statements I dont miss. Al Jazeera English is much better imo!

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 731 ✭✭✭inmyday

doesnt do it in the big games!

I dont think anyone has said that since about 2006, maybe dunphy still said it in 07/08.
    Why do people keep saying it in a sarcastic manner? Everyone knows hes one of the best players.

Is anyone else's Sky Go slightly blurry? It started perfect quality but has gone blurry for me. I'm in pop-out window but not sure if that should matter.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 26,578 ✭✭✭✭Turtwig

Can't see this finishing with 11 on both sides. But then again how many Clasicos could you say that for now?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 13,222 ✭✭✭✭Will I Amnt

The pettiness and cynicism from Barca is a bit ott.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,672 ✭✭✭elefant

Fúck off Alba.

OMG Alba are you not absolutely embarrassed? That was pathetic.

• Registered Users Posts: 8,868 ✭✭✭Andersonisgod

Barca playing well but the pressing has to be more aggressive. I'd definitely think about putting Tello or Villa on at half time.

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators Posts: 7,146 Mod ✭✭✭✭pistolpetes11

Alba has been a disgrace from attacking the referee, too taking one to the shoulder/chest and rolling around on the deck holding his face when there is clearly not a thing wrong with him and his team are under pressure

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 11,503 ✭✭✭✭fullstop

Alba in trouble here, it looks bad :(

:pac:

inmyday wrote: »
    I dont think anyone has said that since about 2006, maybe dunphy still said it in 07/08.
    Why do people keep saying it in a sarcastic manner? Everyone knows hes one of the best players.

people still say it, thats why. its retarded but they still say it

id say you could easily find threads on here from a couple of years ago that say the same thing. saying since 2006 is total bs and im sure you know that

eagle eye wrote: »
    I notice there is nobody giving out about the Real players surrounding the ref after the free kick was given for the foul on Iniesta.

quite obvious the issue was the amount of time allowed for advantage rather than the foul itself.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 11,740 ✭✭✭✭MD1990

Barca players seem to think u can't tackle them

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,320 ✭✭✭v3ttel

That is disgraceful from Jordi Alba. He barely gets touched and goes down holding his knee, then his head and then his face. Blatantly cheating imho.

He should be properly embarrassed by that.

RM will be very happy with that half.

Hardly any possession, but some good chances, and an away goal. Well deserved too.

Veranne and Coentrao are class at the back. Arbeloa is a bit of a loose cannon and on a yellow.

Xabi Alonso doing really well defensively but i'd like to see him put his foot on the ball and try to start a few phases of posession.

From a Barca point of view, I feel that they are on top, but look a bit lethargic in attack. They could do with Villa on the field as a focal point, take Fabregas off, and put Iniesta more central next to Xavi. Defensivly they look sound, but they need to be aware of the long ball to Ronaldo.

Stupid penalty given away, Ronaldo was going towards the endline. He needed to stay on his feet and put pressure on the shot instead of diving in.

Both sides are rolling around, but especially Barca.

Don't get the **** Ballaige is doing over Ronaldo at half time. The montage they showed, was some great work for the penalty and then some ridiculous shots at goal from stupid angles. He's playing well, and looks dangerous, but i'd hardly call him immense in this game.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,320 ✭✭✭v3ttel

The ref has largely been excellent imho.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 14,136 ✭✭✭✭Rayne Wooney

For some reason I dislike Alba very much, even though I hadn't heard of him before this season.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,952 ✭✭✭Morzadec

Barca very flat again. Milan will be liking the looks of this.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 33,580 ✭✭✭✭CSF

For some reason I dislike Alba very much, even though I hadn't heard of him before this season.
    Jesus, really? He was my player of Euro 2012.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,255 ✭✭✭Renn

inmyday wrote: »

Dunphy said it in last year's semi-final vs Bayern. A rare time when the mute button wasn't hit.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,929 ✭✭✭JaMarcus Hustle

Ozil is just a joy to watch in this form.

Great stuff from RM.

Kept possession, good passing, patient and and good chance for Coentrao.

Deserved a goal.

Some game this is. Finally a cutting pass from Barca and a great chance.

Nothing in that on Ramos, pathetic.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 731 ✭✭✭inmyday

people still say it, thats why. its retarded but they still say it

id say you could easily find threads on here from a couple of years ago that say the same thing. saying since 2006 is total bs and im sure you know that

You say, people say it. Who? not on boards. And personally I havent heard anyone say it in real life in years.

Well like yourself, I said the exact same comment for a good few el classicos in the last couple of seasons. And as we know ronaldo has scored in them. So plenty have said the exact same, "thought he cant do it in big games".

And 2006 would be kinda right. As in 2007/08 he scored in many big games, and of course, a champ league final.

Hmm surprised the guys abusing Alba earlier are nowhere to be seen after a big roll around by Ramos.

DDC1990 wrote: »
    Hmm surprised the guys abusing Alba earlier are nowhere to be seen after a big roll around by Ramos.
    Look up^^^^

• Advertisement

Theres your Ronnie x2, well done lads

G'wan the Ronnie.

• Moderators, Regional East Moderators Posts: 23,231 Mod ✭✭✭✭GLaDOS

Coolness personified

Cake, and grief counseling, will be available at the conclusion of the test

• Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators Posts: 7,146 Mod ✭✭✭✭pistolpetes11

Delightful stuff , well done ADM,

What is the commentator on ? great ball from the back , it was a hoof it out were under pressure ball !

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,376 ✭✭✭Anyone

Thats that, I hope this Real turn up at Old Trafford!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,929 ✭✭✭JaMarcus Hustle

Ronaldooooooooo

Puyol embarrassed by Di Maria who has been sensational.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 38,986 ✭✭✭✭eagle eye

Game over I think.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 26,578 ✭✭✭✭Turtwig

David Villa normally averages one red card a season. What would be odds it'd happen here? :pac:

• Registered Users Posts: 3,707 ✭✭✭CR 7

RRRRRRRRRRRONALDOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Just a class above.
    :D:D:D

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,290 ✭✭✭Oregano_State

Ronnie's a beast. That was class by Di Maria. Barca are a shadow of themselves. Man Utd will be in trouble if they don't lock down those Real counters.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,345 ✭✭✭jamescd

This tie is over. Can't see Barca scoring 3

• Advertisement
Advertisement