Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

El Clasico - Copa del Rey

124»

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,684 ✭✭✭FatherTed

See, that's what happens when you stop juicing.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 16,800 ✭✭✭✭Francie Barrett

markie29 wrote: »
    Puyol ripped apart there by di maria.....real madrid deserve that 2nd goal

the barca central defenders are not world class as has been disputed umpteen times on here
    Puyol definitely was world class, but he is going on 35 and has had some pretty awful injuries.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 12,033 ✭✭✭✭Richard Hillman

It was a thing of beauty

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,296 ✭✭✭RandolphEsq

Barca have no manager so no big conclusion to be drawn about their dominance being over. Take away Mou or Fergie at a crucial time and watch those teams struggle in the big games.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 34,424 ✭✭✭✭The_Kew_Tour

Ronaldo is still **** ya?

:pac::pac::pac:

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 16,038 ✭✭✭✭niallo27

Anyone on the paddypower special of a Madrid win and both teams to score at 7/1.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 11,503 ✭✭✭✭fullstop

FatherTed wrote: »

That's a pretty bold statement. Are you suggesting the Barca players were on performance enhancing drugs?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,611 ✭✭✭carlop

Just like at Milan, Barca are lost when the pressure has come on and they can't rise to the occassion. All down to not having Tito.

They definitely appear to be a bit lost without him. Even under Tito Real Madrid have had the edge in Clasicos. They are missing Tito, but I would also say they are missing Pep to an extent. Barca were obviously fantastic in the first half of the season, breaking all sorts of records, but thye didn't actually play all that well in the first couple of months and Messi carried the team more than ever.

They'll obviously still walk the league, but their performances against Milan and Real Madrid bore some worrying similarities for them. I missed the Sevilla game, but by all accounts they weren't great in that match either. I would still give them a decent chance of going through against Milan, but there appears to be a blueprint emerging of how to stop this team and now more than ever they require a leader to make some adjustments and raise spirits. It's awful luck and harsh on Roura, but I just don't know if he's up to it.

Real Madrid were seriously good tonight. Mourinho spent Christmas trying to assert himself over the dressing room and very nearly lost his job because of it. A win like tonight will give the side the kind of spirit that Mourinho teams are built on and thrive on. It seems set up for Mourinho to lead them to their tenth Champions League and then ride off into the sunset.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,761 ✭✭✭Donnielighto

fullstop wrote: »
    That's a pretty bold statement. Are you suggesting the Barca players were on performance enhancing drugs?

if he isnt i am.

Barco (among others) be injecting epo etc all up in them veins.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 11,631 ✭✭✭✭Hank Scorpio

WTF was Pique whining about, clear penalty as you`ll ever see

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,207 ✭✭✭miralize

I didnt know you could enhance vision... its not as if they are all built...

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 11,740 ✭✭✭✭MD1990

Varane really done a great job on Messi in both ties
    what a talent at 19

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 26,578 ✭✭✭✭Turtwig

MD1990 wrote: »
    Varane really done a great job on Messi in both ties
    what a talent at 19

Scored two CR7 like headers too. Kid's got it all. :D

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 9,627 ✭✭✭Sgt Pepper 64

Jernal wrote: »
    Scored two CR7 like headers too. Kid's got it all. :D

Hopefully TSO will bring Varane with him to SB :D

miralize wrote: »
    I didnt know you could enhance vision... its not as if they are all built...

actually you kinda can, increase stamina and the brain wont get fatigued as much. increase the oxygen capacity of blood and pretty much everything improves after an initial point

anyway i didnt say its just barca did i?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 11,888 ✭✭✭✭klose

Think this photo says it all posted by xabi

242848.jpg

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 36,406 ✭✭✭✭LuckyLloyd

Hopefully Milan finish the job and Barca can be ignored for the rest of the season.

• Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 15,694 Mod ✭✭✭✭dfx-

markie29 wrote: »
    i watch barca all the time but when they come up against top class forwards they are found out.

Falcao, van Persie, Rooney, Ibrahimovic - teams all defeated by Barcelona in the recent past.

Granted, Barcelona can't beat Torres..

• Registered Users Posts: 8,500 ✭✭✭Your Airbag

dfx- wrote: »
    Falcao, van Persie, Rooney, Ibrahimovic - teams all defeated by Barcelona in the recent past.

Granted, Barcelona can't beat Torres..

Falcao, van Persie, Rooney, Ibrahimovic - all players who have scored against Barcelona in the recent past.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,849 ✭✭✭764dak

Puyol definitely was world class, but he is going on 35 and has had some pretty awful injuries.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,325 ✭✭✭smileyj1987

764dak wrote: »

Ah sometimes a player can have a bad game or get roasted by a praticular player all the time . I feel sorry for puyol because pique is an average defender at best .

So all the people who keep on saying "Messi plays with a smile on his face" guess who was smiling and laughing now.
    Cristiano Ronaldo

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 26,578 ✭✭✭✭Turtwig

764dak wrote: »
    So all the people who keep on saying "Messi plays with a smile on his face" guess who was smiling and laughing now.
    Cristiano Ronaldo

I'd actually think Ronnie is asleep right now, but there ya go.

fullstop wrote: »

Haven't you seen the "Doping in football" thread?
    http://www.boards.ie/vbulletin/showthread.php?p=83059475

Jernal wrote: »
    I'd actually think Ronnie is asleep right now, but there ya go.

and smiling

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 11,740 ✭✭✭✭MD1990

Messi needs rest
    the same happened last season at the crucial stage in the season he was poor & tired
    why they won't rest him simply because he will cry & not speak to the coach is incredibly stupid

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 38,986 ✭✭✭✭eagle eye

FatherTed wrote: »
    bit.ly/WpBEz7 Reminder that current drug doctor Fuentes currently under investigation "worked with Barca + Madrid" accrdng to LeMonde

So you are suggesting Barca have stopped and Madrid haven't?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 12,033 ✭✭✭✭Richard Hillman

MD1990 wrote: »
    Messi needs rest
    the same happened last season at the crucial stage in the season he was poor & tired
    why they won't rest him simply because he will cry & not speak to the coach is incredibly stupid

He needs to bump up those stats

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 13,516 ✭✭✭✭ArmaniJeanss

LuckyLloyd wrote: »
    Hopefully Milan finish the job and Barca can be ignored for the rest of the season.

BooYaa.

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 15,694 Mod ✭✭✭✭dfx-

He needs to bump up those stats

Like getting the opening 2 goals in a 4-0 win in a CL last sixteen comeback..

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 20,337 ✭✭✭✭monkey9

dfx- wrote: »
    Like getting the opening 2 goals in a 4-0 win in a CL last sixteen comeback..

Yeah but other than that etc etc.........:pac:

Advertisement