Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Missing Cat

Options
  • 26-02-2013 8:21pm
    Registered Users Posts: 5,585 ✭✭✭

Young female cat missing since yesterday (Monday) from Viewmount Park, she hasn't spent a night outdoors and is under 2 years old.

She's a cross between a tabby on top and white lower body with a small distinctive black spot on her nose. She's very friendly and inquisitive so could be in someone's shed.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 567 ✭✭✭.Henry Sellers.

Hope your cat shows up, our cat done the same and is still under two.She came back after a day. We just kept shaking the packets of food and calling her out in the garden to get her attention if she's nearby, it's worth a go if you didn't try already. Best of luck.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,585 ✭✭✭deisemum

Still no sign of her.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,824 ✭✭✭Qualitymark

Put notices on every street corner within 1/4 mile of your home, saying she's missing, she's a beloved family pet, giving her name and your phone number, and asking people to check their sheds & garages.

Leaflet your street and the street backing on to yours - knock on doors and talk to people - be sure to ask them to check their sheds & garages.

Bring leaflets to the local postal sorting office and ask the postmen to keep an eye out.

Put leaflets up outside local schools.

Post her picture up on lostandfoundpets.ie (and cancel if if she's found)

I hope you get her back - she looks like a sweetie.

Put notices on every street corner within 1/4 mile of your home, saying she's missing, she's a beloved family pet, giving her name and your phone number, and asking people to check their sheds & garages.

Leaflet your street and the street backing on to yours - knock on doors and talk to people - be sure to ask them to check their sheds & garages.

Bring leaflets to the local postal sorting office and ask the postmen to keep an eye out.

Put leaflets up outside local schools.

Post her picture up on lostandfoundpets.ie (and cancel if if she's found)

I hope you get her back - she looks like a sweetie.

Thanks, I'm in the middle of trying to print posters but they're coming out very faded despite the cartridge half full of ink.

I expect she's in a shed somewhere.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,599 ✭✭✭lassykk

Really hope you get sorted. She's a lovely looking cat :)

• Advertisement

Well it's not good news, it appears Milly was hit by a car in the next road on Monday evening and died instantly and didn't suffer and just looked like she was sleeping and was buried on a farm today.

I got a phonecall from a kind man who got our flyer and I met with people who saw her. At least she didn't suffer.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 88,978 ✭✭✭✭mike65

Commiserations

As someone who has seen several cats come and go it never fails to amaze me how so many end up under a cars wheels. So smart and cunning and yet no road sense at all.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,975 ✭✭✭nkay1985

Oh so sorry to hear that. Small comfort to at least know what happened. :(

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,824 ✭✭✭Qualitymark

Very sorry to hear that, and glad that you were told, and didn't have to worry. Ar dheis Dé go raibh anam Mhilly. And anyone who says animals don't have souls, phooey.

• Registered Users Posts: 244 ✭✭Brianne

Sorry to hear about your cat. You just get so attached to them. At least poor thing did not suffer.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 88,978 ✭✭✭✭mike65

What a rank stupid post.

(as of Friday evening this post now looks a bit silly)

Insensitive post. Clearly Deisemum loved and took good care of her cat. Its in a cats nature to roam and looking at the bright side you won't have any mice or rats around your house if they all like to congregate there.

• Registered Users Posts: 9,081 ✭✭✭ziedth

I have cleaned up the thread,

Bit of compassion wouldn't go astray. Even though you may have a valid point just make it by starting another thread

• Closed Accounts Posts: 81 ✭✭Kloecor

deisemum wrote: »
    Well it's not good news, it appears Milly was hit by a car in the next road on Monday evening and died instantly and didn't suffer and just looked like she was sleeping and was buried on a farm today.

I got a phonecall from a kind man who got our flyer and I met with people who saw her. At least she didn't suffer.

Wow, you don't come across nice people like this often! Five of my cats have been runover and not one person ever called despite them all having CLEAR I.D. tags wihch include a name, phone number and full address. Only one woman ever called to say that the car in front of her hit the cat and drove off.

I'll never forget that woman, it was great, rather than going searching for the cat to find it on the side of the road dead :-(

Kloecor some people are so cold and heartless when it comes to animals. They just don't care. Just like you one time our old dog got knocked down on the road and died. A lovely young teenager came and told me and I thought how nice of him as we live in a nice bit from the road. Again many years on I often think of him for his thoughtfulness

Kloecor wrote: »
    Wow, you don't come across nice people like this often! Five of my cats have been runover and not one person ever called despite them all having CLEAR I.D. tags wihch include a name, phone number and full address. Only one woman ever called to say that the car in front of her hit the cat and drove off.

I'll never forget that woman, it was great, rather than going searching for the cat to find it on the side of the road dead :-(

I've had one hit before and the poor thing was left and I found him still alive but suffering the next day and he died from internal bleeding.

The woman who took in my dead cat is an animal lover and Milly's now buried on her daughter's farm in their pet cemetery.

My children and another adult witnessed a neighbour on our road hit another neighbour's cat, the driver slowed down then drove off. The cat was rushed to the vet and had to be put to sleep. The gardai did call to the driver for failing to stop.

Advertisement