Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

St. Patrick's Day - Maynooth

Options
  • 26-02-2013 8:28pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 12,807 ✭✭✭✭

On St. Patrick's Day in Maynooth the local scout group (8th Kildare) are once again running the Everest Challenge in Courthouse Square (outside Brady's). Basically it's a climbing wall with 4 sides and the challenge is to climb the height of Everest over the course of the day. The scouts from Beavers up to Venturers will be involved in climbing and I'll be there all day myself (in uniform) so feel free to say hi if you're about.

Members of the public can climb as well - last year it was a great day despite the weather. The charge for the public is €5 for as many climbs as you want. All proceeds are going towards the renovation of the Geraldine Hall as the new Scout den. The Maynooth branch of Comhaltas will be playing for some of the time and there'll be face-painting and other fun games for the younger kids.

I don't intend this thread to be just about the Everest Challenge (hence the title) so if you know any other events (apart from the parade) on that day in Maynooth shout it out.

Advertisement