Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

15€ taxi to the airport

Options
  • 26-02-2013 8:30pm
    Registered Users Posts: 454 ✭✭

Looking for a quick-fix answer to this. The other day I saw an advertising board on the way into town on the Swords Road near the Regency. Ad was for a taxi company offering a fixed fare of 15€ to the airport.

I've tried searching for this company online but can't find it. Anybody have any idea of their name as I can't remember it...or any contact info? Need to book for early morning. Appreciated.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 5,477 ✭✭✭Hootanany

Did you find it.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,652 ✭✭✭fasttalkerchat

This crowd Estimated Fare
    €14.60to €20.40 but give a 25% discount.
    http://www.8202020.ie/book-a-taxi.html

• Registered Users Posts: 78,423 ✭✭✭✭Victor

I imagine they mean €15 from that point - not from Bray. :)

Aircoach run on the Drumcondra Road-Swords Road for about €6 (adult single) and Dublin Bus has route 16 (via Beaumont), 33, 41, 41c for about €2.50.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,652 ✭✭✭fasttalkerchat

Victor wrote: »
    I imagine they mean €15 from that point - not from Bray. :)

Aircoach run on the Drumcondra Road-Swords Road for about €6 (adult single) and Dublin Bus has route 16 (via Beaumont), 33, 41, 41c for about €2.50.

I used the GPO to work out a point. It's hard to know because my link is on a clock and not a fixed price. Hard to get one of them in Dublin!

• Registered Users Posts: 5,566 ✭✭✭Gillo

Most 33's don't go through the Airport but stop outside outside it. It's not a far walk but long enough if you are short for time.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 416 ✭✭Hamiltonion

I've gotten cabs from smithfield to the airport before for about E15, granted this is very early morning before you add the traffic factor

• Closed Accounts Posts: 13,420 ✭✭✭✭athtrasna

There's one of those posters on the Navan Road outbound too. I saw it but didn't take note of the company. I don't take that route very often but will keep an eye out.

• Registered Users Posts: 14,467 ✭✭✭✭cson

There's a gaff in Parnell St advertising €17 from that point to the Airport for 4 pax + bags. Less than a fiver each to the airport from there is serious value if its legit.

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Education Moderators Posts: 27,216 CMod ✭✭✭✭spurious

A bus shelter on the North Strand near the church has an ad from a company offering €16 to the airport, presumably from that area.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,490 ✭✭✭amtc

20 euro advertised at rank on eden quay

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 3,591 ✭✭✭RATM

amtc wrote: »
    20 euro advertised at rank on eden quay

Does it say 'Approx' underneath it ? I've noticed the drivers on the College Green and O'Connell Street ranks have these signs saying 'Airport €20 Approx'.

I think it would be closer to €25 than €20 to the airport from College Green, especially with bags invloved.

Best way by far is 820 Cabs- 25% off all fares to the airport, 20% off all other desintations.

• Registered Users Posts: 78,423 ✭✭✭✭Victor

RATM wrote: »
    especially with bags invloved.
    There is no extra charge for bags.

• Registered Users Posts: 14,467 ✭✭✭✭cson

Do 820 et al not charge a €2 call out fee too?

Advertisement