Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

smith and wesson m&p 15.22

Options
2»

Comments

• Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 1,518 Mod ✭✭✭✭otmmyboy2

Delighted to read this thread as I've been hankering after a S&W M&P 15-22 for a while now and if as op stated there are some licensed in the country already then good on those lucky buggers who have them, hoping to join you soon. :D

Never forget, the end goal is zero firearms of any type.

S.I. No. 187/1972 - Firearms (Temporary Custody) Order - Firearms seized

S.I. No. 21/2008 - Firearms (Restricted Firearms and Ammunition) Order 2008 - Firearm types restricted

Criminal Justice (Miscellaneous Provisions) Act 2009 - Firearms banned & grandfathered

S.I. No. 420/2019 - Magazine ban, ammo storage & transport restricted

Criminal Justice (Miscellaneous Provisions) Act 2023 - 2023 Firearm Ban (retroactive to 8 years prior)

• Registered Users Posts: 428 ✭✭EWQuinn

"Billybob" and his buddies having some redneck fun. One day not far from my place they must have had a few of these in action because it was several hours of staccato serenade in large caliber. I would never think of owning one, I can't afford the ammo, not even in .22lr these days.

• Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 1,518 Mod ✭✭✭✭otmmyboy2

EWQuinn wrote: »
    "Billybob" and his buddies having some redneck fun. One day not far from my place they must have had a few of these in action because it was several hours of staccato serenade in large caliber. I would never think of owning one, I can't afford the ammo, not even in .22lr these days.

I understand your point, the only time those should be used, and firearms in general, is where they can't bother other folks.

Never forget, the end goal is zero firearms of any type.

S.I. No. 187/1972 - Firearms (Temporary Custody) Order - Firearms seized

S.I. No. 21/2008 - Firearms (Restricted Firearms and Ammunition) Order 2008 - Firearm types restricted

Criminal Justice (Miscellaneous Provisions) Act 2009 - Firearms banned & grandfathered

S.I. No. 420/2019 - Magazine ban, ammo storage & transport restricted

Criminal Justice (Miscellaneous Provisions) Act 2023 - 2023 Firearm Ban (retroactive to 8 years prior)

• Registered Users Posts: 14,979 ✭✭✭✭Witcher

otmmyboy2 wrote: »
    It'd still be nice to have the option legally,

You could buy a Slidefire stock legally once you had the licence for the gun. Though if you attempted to use it on a range you might be in trouble:pac:

otmmyboy2 wrote: »
    I understand your point, the only time those should be used, and firearms in general, is where they can't bother other folks.

The guys shooting these things a little piece away from my house does not bother me a bit, any more than my handgun or black powder shooting, or the guy next door shooting squirrels bothers anyone. Not in a traditional residential neighborhood. Out here we live and let live by different rules.

Now what did bother me a year ago is the fact that they found a 20,000 plant cartel "grow field" 1.5 miles north of me. Local sheriffs and DEA botched any chance of a capture on the very elusive crew. However if the cartels were ever to try and have a regular business here, they would find us very inhospitable neighbors, equally armed.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 2,296 ✭✭✭rowa

EWQuinn wrote: »

I hear walmart will only sell a few boxes of .22lr or other ammo these days due to shortages, that true EW ?

Rowa, apparently they are. I know of folks going in a cleaning off the shelves, so Wally World and other retailers as well as internet sales stores have started imposing limits on ammo purchase. I got some boxes there back when a Federal 550 box of 36gr HP was $14! Its crazy right now, very little ammo available, very little reloading components.

Advertisement