Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Pistol Problems

• 26-02-2013 10:03pm
    Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 200 ✭✭

Having a firing issue with my KJ1911PD:
    I had a leaky mag but that's since been replaced, the issue is that after firing a couple of shots the slide does not seem to fully reset.
    I thought it could be dirty so I've stripped it down and cleaned it up, greased the rails etc and everything went back together no problem. When testing, after firing maybe four shots cleanly the same thing happened, the rail does not reset correctly and as a result the gas is purged from the mag. It's like the hammer on the mag valve is not lifting or is sticking but everything is cleaned with silicone oil and greased where necessary so lubrication is noy an issue.

Anyone got any ideas what could be causing this or what else I can try to get to the bottom of the problem?

I'd really rather not junk this pistol, it's heavy and kicks like a mule.

All Pearls of wisdom appreciated ;)

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 800 ✭✭✭I Armour I

Where are you based?

There are a few issues that could have arisen:

-Make sure all screws are tight ;)

-The recoil spring could be too weak
    -The outer barrel may not be resting properly in the slide
    -The loading nozzle may be damaged or broken,
    -The loading nozzle return spring may be too weak or misaligned.
    -The piston head maybe too tight causing the loading nozzle not to come back when it should causing the jam and gas vent.
    -The hop-up unit may be loose or the assembly may be coming away from the outer barrel
    -The leaf spring/sear spring under the grip safety may be bent/out of shape or alignment
    -The hammer bay be catching the slide
    -The flow valve within the loading nozzle may be damaged or misaligned.

My suggestion: Manually rack the slide very fast and very slow to try and figure where it could be jamming up.
    OR disassemble the gun and check that anything that moves within slide does so smoothly, springs retention etc,
    Or rattle the GBB through the stages of disassembling and see if you hear anything that you shouldn't. Tightening up may be the solution or simply fitting pieces together that might be out of alignment.

The only other thing I can think of is to email KJ and request new parts. Shouldn't cost much and you would only need piston head, nozzle, springs.
    Though if you are local I could have a look... I know my pistols fairly well...

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,899 ✭✭✭S.E.A.L.s

Lil Armour wrote: »
    I know my pistols fairly well...

Indeed you do mate and if parts are required, Airsoft Eire stock some: http://www.airsofteire.com/index.php?option=com_virtuemart&page=shop.browse&category_id=181&Itemid=26 and can get more in if needs be

Also, Hobby Airsoft have a fair bit of pistol spares too

Hope this helps darkslider :)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 200 ✭✭darkslider

@Lil Armour
    That just might be the most comprehensive answer I've gotten to anything on boards - fair play, I appreciate the time you've taken to reply.

Not really local to you so that rules that out but you've given me plenty of food for thought and things to check. I'll have a root about and see if I can't spot something untoward.

@Seals
    Thanks for the advice on the parts. I AM near airsoft eire so I might just, head up that way bring the pistol with me and get some fresh bits for it.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 800 ✭✭✭I Armour I

Since kj also copy tm with their parts, for video guides, search LaZoucheCustoms on YouTube, he has a whole playlists of cross compatible parts, disassembling and comMon problems/fixes, done of the same rules will apply.

And no worries, cheers fir the kind words lads, just trying to do my bit :)

--Armour

Advertisement