Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Assassins Creed IV: Black Flag

1131415161719»

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 320 ✭✭iggyigauna89

Just added a few of ye there on uplay for the Kenway Fleet stuff (username: iggyiguana89). Really liking the game so far, much much better that 3. Do ye have any tips for taking on the Legendary ships?

• Registered Users Posts: 4,433 ✭✭✭Josey Wales

Just added a few of ye there on uplay for the Kenway Fleet stuff (username: iggyiguana89). Really liking the game so far, much much better that 3. Do ye have any tips for taking on the Legendary ships?

I added you but for some reason I don't see friend ships any more in Kenway's Fleet.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 944 ✭✭✭jenjenten

Woah! + Jaysus!.....there is a MASSIVE 2.3GB patch for AC4 for the PS4 just out!....1.04.
    Seems very big, wondering there there is DLC included in this that will just unlocked when you purchase the code?

jenjenten wrote: »
    Woah! + Jaysus!.....there is a MASSIVE 2.3GB patch for AC4 for the PS4 just out!....1.04.
    Seems very big, wondering there there is DLC included in this that will just unlocked when you purchase the code?

There are some details about the patch here.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 13,126 ✭✭✭✭calex71

2.3 GB? Small patch for a next gen game, Dead Rising 3 had a 13 GB one a few weeks ago :D

Does anyone know if there is more content for the season pass due or is Freedom Cry and the Multiplayer characters the lot?

• Advertisement

There are some details about the patch here.

Softpedia are saying there is a multiplayer update on Feb 11th :confused:

http://news.softpedia.com/news/Major-Assassin-s-Creed-4-Black-Flag-Title-Update-4-Coming-on-February-11-423678.shtml

^ bit confused....are the 1.04 single player patch different to this multiplayer patch?....or are they one and the same?

calex71 wrote: »
    2.3 GB? Small patch for a next gen game, Dead Rising 3 had a 13 GB one a few weeks ago :D

Does anyone know if there is more content for the season pass due or is Freedom Cry and the Multiplayer characters the lot?

there was a supposed inities pack that was pulled from the PS store...so we might see that down the line, maybe another multiplayer character pack or more of the pre order DLC available to buy.

the figurines that were for sale had exclusive DLC that was only on old gen, next gen never got them....so maybe they'll patch that stuff in.

there was a supposed inities pack that was pulled from the PS store...so we might see that down the line, maybe another multiplayer character pack or more of the pre order DLC available to buy.

the figurines that were for sale had exclusive DLC that was only on old gen, next gen never got them....so maybe they'll patch that stuff in.

They gave away all the pre-order stuff to pass holders, and there was something else. Reason I'm curious is I'm pretty much done with the game and thinking of moving it on, be typical if I did and there was more single player stuff announced, but given the price of the DLC on it's own and the cost of the pass I'd say they wont have more story DLC.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 33,960 ✭✭✭✭Penn

Thinking of getting rid of this myself and trying out NBA2K14 since so many here seem to recommend it. I really liked ACIV, but as opposed to AC2 and ACB, I have no urge to try and complete it fully or play DLC/Multiplayer. ACIV was also the first one since AC1 where I didn't buy a special edition of the game. The series is just stagnating for me, although the ship stuff was really great in this game.

I have found myself returning to this game each night for a quick session via Remote Play. I'm just wandering around the high seas attacking ships and upgrading the Jackdaw. Also collecting treasures and doing those naval missions. I have a few things left I want to do:

- fully upgrade the Jackdaw
    - fully upgrade Kenway's hideout, although I'm not sure it serves any purpose
    - battle the legendary ships
    - finish all Assassin's missions and Naval missions

So I'm 34 hours in now and a good few hours left to go I'd say.

• Advertisement
  • Administrators, Computer Games Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 32,309 Admin ✭✭✭✭✭Mickeroo

I have found myself returning to this game each night for a quick session via Remote Play. I'm just wandering around the high seas attacking ships and upgrading the Jackdaw. Also collecting treasures and doing those naval missions. I have a few things left I want to do:

- fully upgrade the Jackdaw
    - fully upgrade Kenway's hideout, although I'm not sure it serves any purpose
    - battle the legendary ships
    - finish all Assassin's missions and Naval missions

So I'm 34 hours in now and a good few hours left to go I'd say.

I think I finished up not much over the 40 hour mark with pretty much everything bar the animus fragments and treasures done (had all the ones on land though). Once the Jackdaw is upgraded fully the legendary ships are easy enough. They're great fun to fight, really should have been bosses in the main campaign rather than a side mission.

The hideout upgrades do nothing, I liked how in the other games you made money off your hideout when you upgrade it but I suppose that would have made upgrading Edward's gear and the ship a bit too easy.

I think outside of the story when you were brought there automatically, I visited the hideout once , twice max, to upgrade it and to get the outfit :D

• Registered Users Posts: 3,624 ✭✭✭Gamer Bhoy 89

I was really wanting to play around the story in those loyalty costumes but thought I'd never see them due to that ridiculous bug they had related to not getting them unlocked.

Now they've fixed it, too little - too late!

12329695125_06baecb3fe_c.jpg

Glad they sorted out the aforementioned issues, though

I got the Altair costume....how did you get the other two?, what do you have to do :confused:

gamercfc wrote: »
    I was really wanting to play around the story in those loyalty costumes but thought I'd never see them due to that ridiculous bug they had related to not getting them unlocked.

Now they've fixed it, too little - too late!

12329695125_06baecb3fe_c.jpg

Glad they sorted out the aforementioned issues, though

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators Posts: 10,365 Mod ✭✭✭✭CatInABox

I got the Altair costume....how did you get the other two?, what do you have to do :confused:

Play through Assassins creed 2 and 3, presumably.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 14,109 ✭✭✭✭Potential-Monke

CatInABox wrote: »
    Play through Assassins creed 2 and 3, presumably.

Yup, you've to have a saved game from Assassins Creed 2 & 3.

I think I might be finished with Assassin's Creed IV now. I've just fully upgraded the Jackdaw and it took a good while to hunt down all the required metal. So right now I'm a little tired of the naval combat. The only thing I really have left in the single player mode is to fight the legendary ships and again, that is just more naval combat.

I've no interest in the multiplayer so I think I will just put it on the shelf now and wait for the next Assasssin's Creed game.

I put in around 36 hours and I think this is the best AC game since Brotherhood. I don't think it is quite as strong as that one though. I really miss the mechanic of calling in Assassin's and sending them out on missions.

So my order would go:

AC II: Brotherhood
    AC IV: Black Flag
    AC III
    AC II
    AC II: Revelations
    AC III: Liberation

And way beneath them all the original AC.

Started liberation last night , quite enjoying it.

Might be just my tired eyes, but it actually looks better to me graphically than Black Flag :eek: (I'm playing the 360 HD version)

The combat feels much closer to the third game which is a very good thing imo and Aveline doesn't seem to want to grab the nearest random climbable object when running like Edward did.

Early days yet but so far seems to be worth the 14.99 I paid for it.

calex71 wrote: »

Might be just my tired eyes, but it actually looks better to me graphically than Black Flag :eek: (I'm playing the 360 HD version)

I think you need to take a break. It looks decent for an upscaled handheld game but nowhere near Black Flag.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 28,789 ✭✭✭✭ScumLord

I finally got this game last week and I haven't enjoyed an assassin's creed as much since two. It has the same sense of adventure.

I've spent most my time pirating and only advancing the story out of necessity, I'm on seq. 4 now.

I have the Jackdaw almost fully upgraded but I'm looking for some easy metal. Am I basically restricted to attacking big ships and warehouses?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 320 ✭✭iggyigauna89

ScumLord wrote: »
    I finally got this game last week and I haven't enjoyed an assassin's creed as much since two. It has the same sense of adventure.

I've spent most my time pirating and only advancing the story out of necessity, I'm on seq. 4 now.

I have the Jackdaw almost fully upgraded but I'm looking for some easy metal. Am I basically restricted to attacking big ships and warehouses?

Try the South seas, a good few frigates/brigs will have around 100 metal each.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,303 ✭✭✭Temptamperu

ScumLord wrote: »

Take all the forts it shows where treasure and other collectibles are.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,624 ✭✭✭Gamer Bhoy 89

Yup, you've to have a saved game from Assassins Creed 2 & 3.

Not necessarily. If you have 2 Assassin's Creed titles on you're U-Play account, you get Altair and Ezio.

If you have 3 Assassin's Creed titles on your U-Play account, you get said costumes, plus Connor's. I have Assassin's Creed 2, 3 and Brotherhood on my U-Play account so therefore I got all 3 outfits.

All my Assassin's Creed games were on Xbox 360, my Assassin's Creed IV: Black Flag is on PS4. So it doesn't matter what console you played them on, as long as they're on your U-Play account

I find it annoying that my UPlay account does not take into account the fact that I played and beat ACIII: Liberation. I beat it on the Vita but they are only tracking progress on the HD version.

the season pass has turned out to be great value!....look at all the DLC you get for 20 quid!

Advertisement