Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Assassins Creed IV: Black Flag

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 4,433 ✭✭✭Josey Wales

The ad for AC:IV was just on after the Man Utd game tonight. They are a bit ahead of themselves.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,951 ✭✭✭L5

They'll have a hard time convincing me to buy this game after the disappointing bug riddled boring AC3

"You can imagine that we will use [the PlayStation 4's] full capacity and the potential of the console. Just graphically speaking it will be really enhanced. Just think about the lighting, the physics, the ocean simulation that will be experienced."
    Summing up the PS4 version of Assassin's Creed IV: Black Flag as "better looking, better simulation, and some more features."

Source

I'm was pretty sure I'd get this game on the PS4 already. Just hope the PS4 is out before 2014 in Europe.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 805 ✭✭✭SB2013

Just saw this on G2Play

http://www.g2play.net/store/Assassin-s-Creed-IV-Black-Flag-Digital-Download.html?utm_source=facebook-m&utm_medium=post&utm_campaign=16.03ac4
    PRODUCT DESCRIPTION

The year is 1715. Pirates rule the Caribbean and have established their own lawless Republic where corruption, greediness and cruelty are commonplace.
    Among these outlaws is a brash young captain named Edward Kenway. His fight for glory has earned him the respect of legends like Blackbeard, but also drawn him into the ancient war between Assassins and Templars, a war that may destroy everything the pirates have built.
    Welcome to the Golden Age of Piracy.

KEY FEATURES

A BRASH REBEL ASSASSIN
    Become Edward Kenway, a charismatic yet brutal pirate captain, trained by Assassins. Edward can effortlessly switch between the Hidden Blade of the Assassin’s Order and all new weaponry including four flintlock pistols and dual cutlass swords.
    EXPLORE AN OPEN WORLD FILLED WITH OPPORTUNITIES
    Discover the largest and most diverse Assassin’s Creed world ever created. From Kingston to Nassau, explore 50 unique locations where you can live the life of a pirate including:

• Loot underwater shipwrecks
    • Assassinate Templars in blossoming cities
    • Hunt for rare animals in untamed jungles
    • Search for treasure in lost ruins
    • Escape to hidden coves
    BECOME THE MOST FEARED PIRATE IN THE CARIBBEAN
    Command your ship, the Jackdaw, and strike fear in all who see her. Plunder and pillage to upgrade the Jackdaw with ammunition and equipment needed to fight off enemy ships. The ship`s improvements are critical to Edward` s progression through the game. Attack and seamlessly board massive galleons, recruit sailors to join your crew and embark on an epic and infamous adventure.
    EXPERIENCE THE GRITTY REALITY BEHIND THE PIRATE FANTASY
    Stand amongst legendary names such as Blackbeard, Calico Jack and Benjamin Hornigold, as you establish a lawless Republic in the Bahamas and relive the truly explosive events that defined the Golden Age of Piracy.
    MULTIPLAYER EXPERIENCE
    Fight against or cooperate with your friends in the ruthless and acclaimed multiplayer experience. Choose from an eclectic cast of characters and fight to the death in exotic themed maps.

October 2013. That was fast.

• Registered Users Posts: 264 ✭✭Menelaun

It was very fast they only announced a month or two ago.I hope this isnt a churned out lets make a quick buck type of game and is more fleshed out then 3 after all I've heard about it.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 51,054 ✭✭✭✭Professey Chin

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 28,789 ✭✭✭✭ScumLord

Don't think I'll be in any rush to get this one. I only started playing assassins creed when 3 came out. I went back and played from 2 forward and now I have yet to finish 3.

I'm all assassins creeded out.

• Registered Users Posts: 775 ✭✭✭simon360

Another milked until dry series.... hooray! Was I the only one who thought Assassins Creed 3 was lacking in character love? All Conner really does is moan, fight and get in angry moods which consist of him always getting in arguments like a little kid. Got the game back in November, still haven't got around to finishing it.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 15,212 ✭✭✭✭Witcher

On the fence about this too, I don't think it should be 4, it seems more like a filler game than a main series title. I loved 2/Brotherhood and to a lesser extent Revelations, 3 wasn't really what I expected, I know they had to try something new but the glitches...jesus:pac: The horse mechanics were disgraceful and Connor wasn't great either but I guess he's an outsider so doesn't fit into colonial society well.

Ezio will always be the boss of AC:pac:

• Closed Accounts Posts: 13,126 ✭✭✭✭calex71

simon360 wrote: »
    Another milked until dry series.... hooray! Was I the only one who thought Assassins Creed 3 was lacking in character love? All Conner really does is moan, fight and get in angry moods which consist of him always getting in arguments like a little kid. Got the game back in November, still haven't got around to finishing it.

The prologue at what 7 or 8 hours that could have been done in a 10 minute cut scene pretty much says it all about AC3, bad an all as that was, it was the best of the game in terms of writing and characters.

• Advertisement

The thing that makes me know that they are milking every bit dry is that the person you play is actually Conner's grandfather. So rather than going forward in time they go back again to say "Oh yeah forgot to tell you that Conner had a really awesome grandfather who was actually a super awesome pirate so we're going to do a game on him now even though we skipped him already"

• Site Banned Posts: 26,456 ✭✭✭✭Nuri Sahin

The first gameplay trailer was released today. I'd be interested to know if this is footage of the current gen or next gen version. Looks great either way.

The thing that makes me know that they are milking every bit dry is that the person you play is actually Conner's grandfather. So rather than going forward in time they go back again to say "Oh yeah forgot to tell you that Conner had a really awesome grandfather who was actually a super awesome pirate so we're going to do a game on him now even though we skipped him already"

Do you not think that might have been because people responded much more to Hatham in the prologue than to Conner in the rest of the game. And also the naval battles where very enjoyable and popular and couldn't really be repeated would a jump forward in time. Lastly do you not think advancing forward in time from the American Civil War would introduce too much of a technology advancement in the world and eliminate a certain aspect of the assasins methods?

SB2013 wrote: »
    Do you not think that might have been because people responded much more to Hatham in the prologue than to Conner in the rest of the game. And also the naval battles where very enjoyable and popular and couldn't really be repeated would a jump forward in time. Lastly do you not think advancing forward in time from the American Civil War would introduce too much of a technology advancement in the world and eliminate a certain aspect of the assasins methods?

Just saying that they could have at least put a bit of thought into AC3 and making the decision of going back in time now, It's all a bit silly really.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 10,469 ✭✭✭✭GTR63

The first gameplay trailer was released today. I'd be interested to know if this is footage of the current gen or next gen version. Looks great either way.

It was PC apparently.

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators Posts: 23,197 Mod ✭✭✭✭Kiith

GTR63 wrote: »
    It was PC apparently.

So next gen then :o

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 7,225 ✭✭✭Yitzhak Rabin

From that gameplay trailer, it just looks like a DLC add-on for the current game, didn't really seem like anything new was brought with it.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 29,862 ✭✭✭✭Zero-Cool

When AC 3 was announced, I told myself no way was I getting it after the disappointment of Revelations. Then a few trailers were released and it looked really good. Got it and was crap and boring, still haven't finished it.

AC 4 trailer announced and it's going the same way. I actually like that trailer and interested to see more but there would be want to be a serious change to series like getting rid of 100% sync.

Very wary of this but that trailer does look good.

Just saying that they could have at least put a bit of thought into AC3 and making the decision of going back in time now, It's all a bit silly really.

I thought they were planning on stopping after AC3

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 5,470 ✭✭✭Adamcp898

SB2013 wrote: »
    I thought they were planning on stopping after AC3

In the beginning yes, when AC1 was announced it was to be a trilogy, but then when the money started pouring in that was quickly forgotten and now it's just another yearly flogged 'just in time for xmas' franchise. Sure AC3 is the fifth game in the series.

Actually finally got around to finishing AC:Brotherhood just last night, still had some fun in it even after the last time I touched it was at least 2 years ago. But I've too large a backlog to buy Revelations as I'll most likely do the same with it and mothball it at some point.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 28,789 ✭✭✭✭ScumLord

sheehy83 wrote: »
    Very wary of this but that trailer does look good.
    They can make anything look good in a trailer.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 55,521 ✭✭✭✭Mr E

AC IV threads merged, "Rumoured" removed from title.

ScumLord wrote: »
    They can make anything look good in a trailer.

Yeah, snakey bastards

• Registered Users Posts: 208 ✭✭Rastadoyle

is this game coming out for ps3 or 4?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,447 ✭✭✭richymcdermott

i was one of very few who enjoyed the first assassin creed and was the title that made me want a ps3.

Absolutely loved assassin creed 2 and brotherhood and played them multiple times.

But turning a series i loved and turned it in a monopoly with its year in and out installments like the call of duty games i am beginning to be worn out of the franchise and with little improvements to the absolute terrible combat i am beginning to lose interest in the assassin creed universe.

I stated last year that revelations was not needed and just felt like a cash cow and when ubisoft said ac3 was worked on for 3 years and would show improvements i felt like it was a lie but was eager to see what it would be like at the same time.

Ac3 was dull and boring and didnt pick up till the last few parts of the game, but even then the last few parts just turned a boring game into a medicore game.

now they introduced ac4 black flag and judging from the trailer it shows no improvements to worthy a purchase from me.

the series is like sonic with me. it died long ago but i cant help going back and wishing it was relive its similar days.

i hope i am wrong and does show improvements but chances are its not going to happen. its sad but what can you do.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,693 ✭✭✭Deano7788

Rastadoyle wrote: »
    is this game coming out for ps3 or 4?

Both of them.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,660 ✭✭✭COYVB

sheehy83 wrote: »

and ubisoft montreal are 99% sure to be working on the one after that too

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 31,967 ✭✭✭✭Sarky

Advertisement