Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Assassins Creed IV: Black Flag

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,447 ✭✭✭richymcdermott

http://mynintendonews.com/2013/03/30/ubisoft-says-gamers-want-a-new-assassins-creed-game-every-year/

i wonder sometimes where do these people pull these things out of.

show of hands who wants a assassin creed game every year ?

they are killing this franchise so rapidly.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 51,054 ✭✭✭✭Professey Chin

http://mynintendonews.com/2013/03/30/ubisoft-says-gamers-want-a-new-assassins-creed-game-every-year/

i wonder sometimes do these people pull these things out of.

They pull them out of past sales. They wont accept its not true until the franchise is dead

• Registered Users Posts: 4,433 ✭✭✭Josey Wales

Except for the first Assassin's Creed each one has been superb. So if Ubisoft can keep up the quality I have no issue playing one game a year. And I'm not alone judging by sales figures.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,660 ✭✭✭COYVB

i wonder sometimes where do these people pull these things out of.

The millions if people who buy them every year clearly want it. You clearly gave that post very little thought; what you think does not equal what millions of people want... important and all as I'm sure you think you are

• Registered Users Posts: 13,084 ✭✭✭✭Kirby

That's......a questionable view to take.

Millions of people believe in creationism. Millions of people watch American Idol.

Millions of people can be wrong. Beating a franchise to death is what they are doing.

• Advertisement

Kirby wrote: »
    That's......a questionable view to take.

Millions of people believe in creationism. Millions of people watch American Idol.

Millions of people can be wrong.

Of course they can, but nobody mentioned anything about right or wrong. He was trying to suggest gamers DONT want an assassins creed game every year, the sales figures prove they do, otherwise it wouldn't sell

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,225 ✭✭✭snausages

I don't think that sales figures of the previous AC are a reliable barometer of consumer interest in the next one. GoWIII sold 4.5million copies but the new one has only sold about 660000 so far and will not likely sell much more. Every game series, no matter how good, will reach a point of over-exposure if you milk it enough.

Ubisoft has released a video with the developers talking about the PS4.

• Site Banned Posts: 26,456 ✭✭✭✭Nuri Sahin

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 28,789 ✭✭✭✭ScumLord

It looks massive and varied but I still find it hard to get excited about this game. I still haven't bothered to finish 3.

The setting just isn't that interesting. With two I really wanted to explore but the American setting is too recent and uninteresting.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,791 ✭✭✭2Mad2BeMad

ScumLord wrote: »
    It looks massive and varied but I still find it hard to get excited about this game. I still haven't bothered to finish 3.

The setting just isn't that interesting. With two I really wanted to explore but the American setting is too recent and uninteresting.

i agree and disagree
    all my opinion of course :P

im liking number 3, although ive only recently got it, and i didnt play revelations

but i am enjoying this setting :) but like i said i only got it less then a week ago, this franchise TO ME should of been put to rest after brotherhood, their really just milking the series now, same with cod, fifa, and pretty much every other greedy game company out their like them

only franchise im actually liking now which you could agree or disagree with, is battlefield , i havnt got tired of it yet, even the spin off games of it were hella fun :)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,640 ✭✭✭Pushtrak

I wasn't that gone on 3, and I've been thinking this will feel more like an expansion to 3 than a proper new game. I'm thinking that less with the new video, but it's still a bit of a concern. Will have to see how it is once it is out.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 8,324 ✭✭✭chrislad

3 was a bit disappointing but I loved the naval additions. The DLC for 3,while a bit light, offered some unique gameplay additions like the animal powers. I would really like to see the flight mode animal become a regular.

2Mad2BeMad wrote: »
    but i am enjoying this setting :) but like i said i only got it less then a week ago, this franchise TO ME should of been put to rest after brotherhood, their really just milking the series now, same with cod, fifa, and pretty much every other greedy game company out their like them
    Maybe I just overdid it playing assasins creed, I came to it late too. I loved 2 and as soon as I finished it I went straight into the next one and the next one. The story and setting were very interesting.

By the time I got to 3 I may have just been burnt out and lost interest completely.

A lot of people want to see a modern version but I think I'd like that setting even less, it would just be any other 3rd person game then IMO. It was the ancient setting that worked for me.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 29,862 ✭✭✭✭Zero-Cool

This actually looks really interesting....but then I said that about AC 3 as well. Looks like a mix of AC and Far Cry 3.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,791 ✭✭✭2Mad2BeMad

i liked all the assassins creeds except for assassins creed 1

but this looks horrible, but then again ive never been a fan of pirate games

also im really confused on the ending to assassins creed 3
    what happens now ? :L

The latest gameplay footage look terrific. They really sell the idea of the massive game world being totally open. The fact that it doesn't need to load is great.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 29,862 ✭✭✭✭Zero-Cool

Some pics released showing modern day. It could actually drop the modern day shananigans but the guys office looks class with the figures, looks like you can collect them as there are some missing ones.

http://www.computerandvideogames.com/422361/assassins-creed-4-screenshots-show-present-day/

image_307339_full.jpg

• Registered Users Posts: 402 ✭✭LauraW7746

I have to admit I wasn't blown away by AC 3, I felt extremely let down.
    When AC 4 was announced and it was gonna be a pirate game involving a lot of naval missions, I was apprehensive about it I hadn't really gotten into the naval stuff in AC3, thought the game was completely gonna suck.
    However after seeing the last few gameplay trailers, I have to say I'm getting excited about this now and think it has the makings of a great game.
    Anyways thought I would share this link from ubisofts blog it's a Q&A with the games writer about the present day aspects to the game.

http://blog.ubi.com/assassins-creed-iv-black-flag-present-day-abstergo/

• Advertisement
  • Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 21,634 ✭✭✭✭Richard Dower

Getting a bit more excited about this as we're closing in on it's release. I see people who disliked ACIII as well as those who were fairly 'meh' about the next gen line up early doors have changed their mind after getting their hands on IV at PAX namely.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 10,469 ✭✭✭✭GTR63

Based on AC III the PS3/360 ones will look like this, not including the screen tearing & pop ups.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 21,634 ✭✭✭✭Richard Dower

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,447 ✭✭✭richymcdermott

Not going to lie , in the past I have been very vocal about how I disliked the way ubisoft have treated the Assassn creed series which I truly loved it was the game that made me want a ps3 back in 2007.

I did not like revelations and while Assassin Creed 3 was on the right track , the game to me was too boring and by the end when you were just about getting into it , it just ends.

I did not care for Connor Kenway with his brick personality and the lack of depth he had in his character.

But despite all that for the last few months building up to Black flag I am truly loving what I am seeing.

The world looks so colourful and vibrant , and I have heard Ubisoft have let you explore without Restrictions without unlocking bits of the map. I have not been this excited for an assassin creed game since brotherhood. I just hope the mission structure has more variety to them but as of right now ARGGHHHHHHH

:D

I did not like revelations and while Assassin Creed 3 was on the right track , the game to me was too boring and by the end when you were just about getting into it , it just ends.
    I got bored of AC3 I went back to finish it off since this game was coming and found I was on the last mission, I'd given up out of frustration and the frustration started straight away on replay.

I hope they separate the running and freerunning buttons. It's so frustrating when you're running away from someone down an alley or something and he just decides to leap onto some wall or other obstacle that's near by.

currently installing and raring for some piratic action! embargoes up tomorrow for review watchers

My bad, embargo ends 10.01pm irish time on Monday - I misread something

(hint: that's not a bad sign for the people who are often worried about late embargoes)

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 378 ✭✭ConFurioso

Have to admit, I'm Getting slowly drawn into the idea of this more and more. Gonna wait for some reviews, but if this could be AC3 minus bugs and plus fun, I can imagine myself getting it. Looks gorgeous.

Advertisement