Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Assassins Creed IV: Black Flag

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 13,084 ✭✭✭✭Kirby

I might wait a month and get it for the xbone instead. Probably only a minor improvement visually because its cross platform but it will give me something to play on next gen apart from fifa. :P

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,660 ✭✭✭COYVB

Kirby wrote: »
    I might wait a month and get it for the xbone instead. Probably only a minor improvement visually because its cross platform but it will give me something to play on next gen apart from fifa. :P

having played it on both gens (ps3 & ps4) I can see no difference at all aside from less popup

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 29,862 ✭✭✭✭Zero-Cool

COYVB wrote: »
    having played it on both gens (ps3 & ps4) I can see no difference at all aside from less popup

Really? I saw a comparison video and devs showed the tech on ps4 and what they can do with the environment, jungle, seabed etc. I wouldn't mind waiting for this on PS4 but would expect a bit of a leap in graphics.

sheehy83 wrote: »
    Really? I saw a comparison video and devs showed the tech on ps4 and what they can do with the environment, jungle, seabed etc. I wouldn't mind waiting for this on PS4 but would expect a bit of a leap in graphics.

I haven't done a side by side as we don't have a PS4 yet, but I spent a few hours with the PS4 version on Tuesday then dived straight into the PS3 version the next day and, honestly, there's so little difference

I actually thought the PS4 version WAS the PS3 version when I initially saw it - it wasn't until I picked up the controller that I realised

*edit*

A caveat there is that the water looks a LOT better, but the actual on land stuff, I can't see any difference (frame rate was better though)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 10,469 ✭✭✭✭GTR63

Is it as buggy as AC III?
    That was a disaster at launch

• Advertisement

cant really go into any great depth, but ive not encountered any non visual issues

• Registered Users Posts: 13,084 ✭✭✭✭Kirby

the water looks a LOT better, but the actual on land stuff, I can't see any difference (frame rate was better though)

Better looking water in a game that's like 70% water anyway is a big deal. And a better frame rate is gravy.

Like I said, the game was built for current gen and is cross platform so there isn't going to be sweeping differences.....but minor graphical improvements are welcome and good enough for me. As I said, with watch dogs delayed, I'll want something to play on my xbone apart from Fifa and Ryse. :)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 28,789 ✭✭✭✭ScumLord

Watching this pirate documentary makes BF seem fairly historically accurate. It goes into the upgrades they did to their ships.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 16,096 ✭✭✭✭the groutch

do you need to set up a Uplay account to redeem any of the Skull Edition DLC, or is it just for the Amazon pre-order bonus?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 14,109 ✭✭✭✭Potential-Monke

My figureine corner is quickly turning into an Assassins Creed corner!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 29,862 ✭✭✭✭Zero-Cool

Click have there review up, mad to play it now but think I will waut to get it on ps4.

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators Posts: 80,597 Mod ✭✭✭✭Sephiroth_dude

• Closed Accounts Posts: 378 ✭✭ConFurioso

Think I'm gonna get this, seemsnto be getting all around good reviews.

• Registered Users Posts: 402 ✭✭LauraW7746

I can't wait to play this seems they have made a big improvement over AC3. Unfortunately have to wait a month until I get my PS4 :(

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,678 ✭✭✭TrustedApple

Same seen the IGN review there and i just cant wait to play it pity i have to wait to the PS4 to play it but it will be so much better to play next gen after how bad 3 was when it 1st came out running on the PS3

But on amazon i am getting my ASS Creed 4 a week before my PS4 grand so LoL

Getting the Black Skull €58 euros so happy out

I decided to cancel my skull edition with gamestop they were charging €89.99 which is a total rip off. Ordered with Amazon last week for £58.99 should get it for around €70 way better price for that edition IMO. Trying very hard to cut down on getting CEs but had to get an AC4 CE :) Will hopefully receive the game before I get PS4 also.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,437 ✭✭✭biggebruv

i have to wonder how many people will end up buying this just because they have a brand new ps4 and are looking for a big name game to play

also watchdogs is gone from launch meaning even more chance of people picking this up just to get use out of the new console

i tried AC3 last year like hell will i go back again a single year later i dont care if somebody else developed it
    its only been a year since that game

reviews were also high for AC3 aswell so whats going on here
    it was amazing how different the public felt about AC3 compared to the reviews

I was really disappointed with AC3 seemed fine when I was playing through it first but when I went back to play it again I realised how **** it was.
    When they announced AC4 and said it would be a pirate game I thought they had gone too far and were gonna totally butcher it but I played it at eurogamer expo and it is more of the AC we used to know and love like AC2 & brotherhood rather than AC3.
    I'll be honest if AC4 wasn't a launch title for PS4 I would have cancelled my preorder as watchdogs and Driveclub have been delayed. I'm actually struggling to think of what other game I will get at launch as I don't have much interest in FPS.

it will be so much better to play next gen

You're in for a fierce disappointment

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,678 ✭✭✭TrustedApple

You're in for a fierce disappointment

Why did you magically go to the future and play the game ?

As if i am not mistaking its not out yet on next gen ;)

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 6,618 ✭✭✭Mr Freeze

Reading his posts above, he has played both current and next gen versions of the game.

Lucky for some :p

Had a few games to trade, so I caved and got it. :p I'm weak! (PS3)

You're correct, it's not. However, I played it on PS4 last Tuesday. Perks of being a game journalist

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 28,789 ✭✭✭✭ScumLord

You're correct, it's not. However, I played it on PS4 last Tuesday. Perks of being a game journalist
    How does the free running work? Is it the same as AC3 where you have one button for running and free running? Or like in the other games where you have a run button and then hold down another one to free run? In the IGN review he says the character would jump on things unintentionally which leads me to believe it's the same as AC3.

ScumLord wrote: »
    How does the free running work? Is it the same as AC3 where you have one button for running and free running? Or like in the other games where you have a run button and then hold down another one to free run? In the IGN review he says the character would jump on things unintentionally which leads me to believe it's the same as AC3.

Same as AC3

• Registered Users Posts: 1,130 ✭✭✭ussjtrunks

COYVB any chance you know what the resolution/framerate of the ps4 version are like trying to decide between ps4 and pc versions

ussjtrunks wrote: »
    COYVB any chance you know what the resolution/framerate of the ps4 version are like trying to decide between ps4 and pc versions

it was final retail code so no debug markers on screen, but afaik it was 1080p - frame rate looked 30fps, but I've absolutely no way of knowing

• Registered Users Posts: 1,130 ✭✭✭ussjtrunks

it was final retail code so no debug markers on screen, but afaik it was 1080p - frame rate looked 30fps, but I've absolutely no way of knowing
    Was the framerate stable or was it all over the place like AC3

It was solid, didn't notice any slowdown anyway, but I didn't encounter any smokey areas or anything like that. Draw distance was very good and the water looked great, other than that it's almost identical to the PS3 version besides a locked frame rate

• Advertisement

This is quite enjoyable so far. The setting is gorgeous and it's just a bit more fun than the serious history lesson that was AC3. One thing that really annoyed me about the past games was the tutorials just appearing in the top right corner with small text. Sometimes I missed important points or moves. AC4 gives proper explanations. Also, so far no superfluous weapons.

The naval battles can be tough, but I enjoy them. Also it seems like you can upgrade your ship a **** load. So far, so good.

Advertisement