Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Assassins Creed IV: Black Flag

Comments

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators Posts: 23,197 Mod ✭✭✭✭Kiith

Very tempted to pick this up on the PS3 rather than wait for the next gen versions. Really enjoying AC3, so can't wait for more piratey stuff.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,660 ✭✭✭COYVB

Kiith wrote: »
    Very tempted to pick this up on the PS3 rather than wait for the next gen versions. Really enjoying AC3, so can't wait for more piratey stuff.

Go for it. the upgrade is only a tenner anyway

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,932 ✭✭✭YouSavedMyLife

COYVB wrote: »

Upgrade? What do you speak of friend..

Upgrade? What do you speak of friend..

If you have the ps3 version, you can pay a tenner to get the digital ps4 version, which needs your ps3 game in the drive to run

COYVB wrote: »

Ah brilliant, i'd forgotten about that.

Any word on if saves would transfer over?

• Advertisement

Kiith wrote: »
    Ah brilliant, i'd forgotten about that.

Any word on if saves would transfer over?

Good question, no clue im afraid

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 29,862 ✭✭✭✭Zero-Cool

I read saves don't carry over so you'd be starting again.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,640 ✭✭✭Pushtrak

It is my understanding trophies/achievements carry over, though.

Pushtrak wrote: »
    It is my understanding trophies/achievements carry over, though.

I think they should since they are bound to the account itself and get sync'd with PSN when you go online. Saves wouldn't work since they are stored on the machine itself. Not sure if they have cloud saving on PS3 atm though, or if PS4 will even have it at all

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,640 ✭✭✭Pushtrak

I think they should since they are bound to the account itself and get sync'd with PSN when you go online. Saves wouldn't work since they are stored on the machine itself. Not sure if they have cloud saving on PS3 atm though, or if PS4 will even have it at all
    PS3 has cloud storage. You have to have PS+ for it. With the 360, you need to have Gold.

• Advertisement

Pushtrak wrote: »
    PS3 has cloud storage. You have to have PS+ for it. With the 360, you need to have Gold.

So should work unless the PS3 and the PS4 use different savefile architecture (or some other intelligent sounding word like that)

there's probably no reason why it shouldnt

• Closed Accounts Posts: 642 ✭✭✭viper006

Ive heard now that the uplay code that comes with the game is no longer needed and you can download the online pass from PS3 store. ubisoft have now unlocked all content this code would have provided. Is this true does anyone know as be handy if buying 2nd hand?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 378 ✭✭ConFurioso

Anybody tried taking on one of the
    legendary ships
    yet?

• Registered Users Posts: 5,303 ✭✭✭Temptamperu

ConFurioso wrote: »
    Anybody tried taking on one of the
    legendary ships
    yet?

I took the first one yesterday, it was quite the battle. I tried the second lot I can take out one but the second ship is too hard. I have an almost fully upgraded ship all i need is the epic barrels but i dont see how that will help.

Bought today on Xbox and im sorry i did. The framerate and pop up is horrendous. Felt like i was playing at about 20 FPS while running around Havana.

Bought today on Xbox and im sorry i did. The framerate and pop up is horrendous. Felt like i was playing about about 20 FPS while running around Havana.

Did you download the patch?

I took the first one yesterday, it was quite the battle. I tried the second lot I can take out one but the second ship is too hard. I have an almost fully upgraded ship all i need is the epic barrels but i dont see how that will help.

I'm having an awful time with them, but I think it's because I need to upgrade more. Nice touch though, they're a nice challenge.

Did you download the patch?

That i did not :o Was offline on the Xbox while playing, ill give it another go again tonight, cheers

Well I guess 97% is ok,
    im never gonna beat that last Legendary Ship
    But I want more!! I hear liberation is getting a release on the consoles so i'll just have to wait for that.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 14,109 ✭✭✭✭Potential-Monke

So i've the whole map discovered, all places liberated, all available assassin contracts completed, all naval contracts completed, the ship nearly fully upgraded, 3 of 8 diving spots done, all location collectibles collected (working my way through the uncharted ones). And i still haven't got the rope dart or gone passed Sequence 5.

This game is AWESOME!

You get the rope dart really late in the game. Which is a shame as it is a lot of fun. This Game is truly awesome.

So i probably should call it a night. But just to mention that i'm also really enjoying the current day bits (all 2 so far). Maybe it's my love of the series and whole reliving peoples DNA and it's something along the lines of how i expect gaming to go eventually, but there's just enough going on there to keep it interesting without being over-burdening or too long to overstay its welcome.

For anyone that's onto Act 3, and in relation to the current day parts,
    How can Shaun be working in a coffee stall and Rebecca waltzing in and out of Abstergo without Abstergo copping who they are?! There's even a file on one of the computers with pictures taken from Desmonds phone which shows them all clearly. Or am i jumping the gun and there's some twist i'm hoping doesn't happen?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 9,770 ✭✭✭danthefan

Anyone know roughly how long the game is? For just the story, and then all the extra stuff?

So i probably should call it a night. But just to mention that i'm also really enjoying the current day bits (all 2 so far). Maybe it's my love of the series and whole reliving peoples DNA and it's something along the lines of how i expect gaming to go eventually, but there's just enough going on there to keep it interesting without being over-burdening or too long to overstay its welcome.

For anyone that's onto Act 3, and in relation to the current day parts,
    How can Shaun be working in a coffee stall and Rebecca waltzing in and out of Abstergo without Abstergo copping who they are?! There's even a file on one of the computers with pictures taken from Desmonds phone which shows them all clearly. Or am i jumping the gun and there's some twist i'm hoping doesn't happen?

No, you're not jumping the gun. It's a pretty glaring plot hole. Unless it'll be revealed in a later sequel that they're being watched or something. Pretty silly though, they'd be number one on the wanted list for abstergo. Then again, it's for our benefit, the 'familiar face' factor. Just a LITTLE too much suspension of belief unfortunately.

I do agree though, I enjoyed the present day feature, and the mini games were fun, if a little easy. I do wish they'd throw in some more puzzles or mysteries of the difficulty level of AC2. Abstergo entertainment looked like how I imagine Facebook HQ. :P (just missing a few beanbags).

• Registered Users Posts: 7,067 ✭✭✭MarkY91

your comments are making me look well forward to getting it on ps4 :D

danthefan wrote: »
    Anyone know roughly how long the game is? For just the story, and then all the extra stuff?

ive clocked 50 hours, thats everything bar the last legendary ship.

ive clocked 50 hours, thats everything bar the last legendary ship.

Is that the El Implouto, or something? The others were a breeze in comparison. I thought the 2 Man O' Wars would be the hardest! Don't know if i'll be able to beat it either... :(

Playing through this now after clearing the 3rd at the weekend, and loving it. Definitely better then 3, and the size of the map is immense. Love that the cities are smaller now, as getting around Boston and New York was a bloody chore. Spent a few hours just getting the collectibles, and even that can be fun.

Probably tied with ACII as my favourite of the series so far.

• Advertisement
Advertisement