Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Assassins Creed IV: Black Flag

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,932 ✭✭✭YouSavedMyLife

Downloaded the patch and i dunno if its just a placebo effect but the game feels smoother and i'm enjoying it. Big map is big :D

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 14,109 ✭✭✭✭Potential-Monke

So i've finished collecting all the uncharted chests/fragments, and i have basically everything done except to finish the main story. Halfway through Sequence 10. It is now my favourite AC game. I want to be a pirate so bad!

On a side note, does anyone have all the swords/guns/outfits/ship appearance upgrades you can get from the community challenges? I still have a couple to collect, but i've no idea what i need to do (or have done) to get them. Is it just discovering the community chests/convoys?

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators Posts: 23,197 Mod ✭✭✭✭Kiith

What the deal with the Abstergo / outside the Animus bits? Does anything actually happen? Only on Sequence 4 at the moment, but other then a few post it notes that i can read, nothing seems to happen there.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 15,212 ✭✭✭✭Witcher

Finished this a few days ago, the ending song was perfect, couldn't have fit the ending better.
    The ending scene where Edward sees all his dead friends at the table as Anne is singing is one of the best I've seen in a game. Torres' parting words that Edward had lost everyone he cared about on his journey were so true but his daughter was the one positive to come of it for him personally despite being a bittersweet revelation.

• Site Banned Posts: 26,456 ✭✭✭✭Nuri Sahin

So i've finished collecting all the uncharted chests/fragments, and i have basically everything done except to finish the main story. Halfway through Sequence 10. It is now my favourite AC game. I want to be a pirate so bad!

On a side note, does anyone have all the swords/guns/outfits/ship appearance upgrades you can get from the community challenges? I still have a couple to collect, but i've no idea what i need to do (or have done) to get them. Is it just discovering the community chests/convoys?

How many hours have you roughly put in for reference sake, Monke? Every passing day it becomes harder not to pick it up, but I'll probably still hold out for the PS4 version even if there isn't much difference between that and the PS3 version.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 378 ✭✭ConFurioso

Blay wrote: »
    Finished this a few days ago, the ending song was perfect, couldn't have fit the ending better.
    The ending scene where Edward sees all his dead friends at the table as Anne is singing is one of the best I've seen in a game. Torres' parting words that Edward had lost everyone he cared about on his journey were so true but his daughter was the one positive to come of it for him personally despite being a bittersweet revelation.

Twas also nice seeing a main(ish) Irish character.
    I was very interested in the daughter, seeing as Hatham is the main child, with regards to the canon story. Apparently she wanted Edward to teach her to become an assassin, but he refused, and they grew apart.

Also, anybody hear the conversation in the lobby at the beginning about Feudal Japan? Ubisoft....you know you want to.....

• Registered Users Posts: 7,067 ✭✭✭MarkY91

my PS4 copy got dispached today :D pity ive no console to play it n for another 2 weeks D':

• Registered Users Posts: 402 ✭✭LauraW7746

MarkY91 wrote: »
    my PS4 copy got dispached today :D pity ive no console to play it n for another 2 weeks D':

Where did you PO from? Ive mine ordered with Amazon.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,067 ✭✭✭MarkY91

LauraW7746 wrote: »
    Where did you PO from? Ive mine ordered with Amazon.

videogamesplus.ca

games are only 44 euro there :D

• Registered Users Posts: 402 ✭✭LauraW7746

MarkY91 wrote: »
    videogamesplus.ca

games are only 44 euro there :D

Ah ok crap thought it might have been amazon.co.uk I got a bit excited there haha

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,133 ✭✭✭GottaGetGatt

Man when she started singing int the background and Edwards saw all his past friends when times were good:(

Great Ending and a great character. Wasn't expecting much from this game but im glad i bought it.Haven't enjoyed or put as many as hours since AC2 and i've still loads to do.

Whoa! Not sure if there were spoilers, as i only read the first few words, but if they are you might want to spoiler them.

Nuri Sahin wrote: »
    How many hours have you roughly put in for reference sake, Monke? Every passing day it becomes harder not to pick it up, but I'll probably still hold out for the PS4 version even if there isn't much difference between that and the PS3 version.

Well i finally finished the main story yesterday at 43 hours, 19 mins, 39 secs. It felt like more, but in an extremely positive way. I'm 97% complete, so only have to total sync a few missions (which i'll actually do, for the first time in AC history!), one legendary ship, and 1 treasure chest which i've to get through the fleet.

I also have the extra missions i got with my Buccaneer Edition, and i'll definitely be giving MP a go. I may even try and Plat this, which is another first for an AC game for me.

Should also add, this is now one of my all time favourite games ever. I really don't know how they're going to top this. To me, this has absolutely trumped every other AC game and character. Edward Kenway is a legend, and
    it will be a shame if there isn't at least 1 more spin-off title like they did with Ezio, as you only become an Assassin at the end of the game!
    . Also, surely (AC3)
    they'll flesh out how Haythem went to the dark side, and the relationship between father and son, and what may have caused the move to the Templars.

And i have to agree with ConFurioso and Blay, the ending was sweet.
    I thought something was going to happen with Anne, and maybe it did, who is the father of Haythem (or was that something i missed in AC3?) I'd also love to see what happened with Anne, i know she said that the life of an Assassin wasn't for her, but it would be awesome to have an Irish Assassin!
    Kiith wrote: »
    What the deal with the Abstergo / outside the Animus bits? Does anything actually happen? Only on Sequence 4 at the moment, but other then a few post it notes that i can read, nothing seems to happen there.

There's a sub-story, and a nice twist if you don't see it coming. You have no choice with the most important parts of the modern day story, but if you want to walk around after you get security clearance, there's some nice extra bits, like Abstergo looking at previous AC characters and judging if they would be suitable characters for Abstergo Entertainment to release a game based upon, or information relating to Desmond. Without giving too much away, there is one email conversation which you get which is pretty cool, and it's part of the main modern day bits. You'll see it.

• Registered Users Posts: 130 ✭✭Drum.lad

Just ordered my Buccaneers edition off Gamestop.ie 20quid cheaper then in-store which doesn't really surprise me,all i need now is a PS4.

There's a sub-story, and a nice twist if you don't see it coming. You have no choice with the most important parts of the modern day story, but if you want to walk around after you get security clearance, there's some nice extra bits, like Abstergo looking at previous AC characters and judging if they would be suitable characters for Abstergo Entertainment to release a game based upon, or information relating to Desmond. Without giving too much away, there is one email conversation which you get which is pretty cool, and it's part of the main modern day bits. You'll see it.

Yeah, i kind of got the first part of that last night, and it was actually pretty interesting. Looking forward to getting further in.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,133 ✭✭✭GottaGetGatt

How do you perform the heavy shot with the jackdaw?

How do you perform the heavy shot with the jackdaw?

It's R1 without aiming (PS3), so basically you turn the camera to face either the left or right side of the Jackdaw and just press R1.

Cheers, i was wondering that myself.

I hate not having single player features because the ubisoft servers are down. Can't access them at the moment, which for some stupid reason stops me from accessing my fleet. Bloody annoying.

I hate not accessing them just cos I have ****ty internet.

That's right. 2013 Ireland. :(

What is the fleet aspect like? How does it work? Mine is full of galleys and man I wars and I have no idea what I'd be using them for. :pac:

• Advertisement

ConFurioso wrote: »
    I hate not accessing them just cos I have ****ty internet.

That's right. 2013 Ireland. :(

What is the fleet aspect like? How does it work? Mine is full of galleys and man I wars and I have no idea what I'd be using them for. :pac:

It's like the assassin missions in brotherhood, but slightly different. You pick a trade route, and it's either safe, dangerous, hazardous or treacherous. Then you do a ship battle to make the route safe, which consists of picking up to 3 ships from your fleet for an automatic battle. The most you'll fight is 3 and they range from gun ships to man o wars.

There's a bar at the top which tells you the success rate, and due to that you'll rarely, if ever, lose. The only interactivity you have during the battle is to press triangle to send a fire barrel. You have only a certain amount of them, and they can only be replaced by defeating the ships in fleet management battles. Save them for man o wars. Each ship has a timer for when they're going to fire and the stats are on each ship, including enemies. You have 3 bonuses, speed, firepower and reeuced damage. They are there for every battle.

Once you have a route safe, you have multiple trade missions for your fleet. You can only send 1 ship on each mission, and it must be able to carry the required amount of cargo. You spend cargo by sending the fleet on missions and replenish cargo by defeating enemy ships blocking the routes.

It would be better if you had more control over the battles, such as picking which enemy ship to fire on. The trade times are real world, so if the mission says 24 hours, it means 24 hours. If you play with friends it's allegedly faster, but apparently I'm the only one in my friends list who has the game!

It is a pretty minor aspect, but i like that the timer on it is real time. Handy to come back after 15 hours to some extra money and resources. Shame the ships don't get xp and level up though.

Stupid game glitched on me, and now i can't complete the last assassin contract in Havana. Hopefully it shows up again, or i wont be able to get my
    sword pistol

It's still a fantastic game though...best of the series.

What are you playing it on Kiith?

PS3. I'm pretty sure i got the contract at one stage, but failed it for one reason or another. May have gotten the "Your target will return later" message, but it's been about 6 sequences since that happened and nothing.

Kind of annoying.

Feck that's ****. I've avoided the assassination contacts up till now, but you have me intrigued with that spoiler!!

They're not all available until you have the diving bell unlocked anyway. Plus, you might be able to retry it from the Progress checker.

No, tried that yesterday. It shows as 0% complete, but i can't restart it. Maybe it will reappear later on, but it's annoying as it's one of the few games that i have been bothering with completing everything. It's also annoying as the Assassin Contract icon shows on the world map, but as soon as i fast travel there it disappears. Nothing happens at the pigeon coop either.

Hate having side quests that i can't complete in games.

Kiith wrote: »
    It's also annoying as the Assassin Contract icon shows on the world map, but as soon as i fast travel there it disappears. Nothing happens at the pigeon coop either.

That was happening me, but they show up properly as soon as you get the diving bell.

• Advertisement

I should be on sequence 6 by tonight (assuming i can stop doing other stuff), so hopefully it shows up.

Advertisement