Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Does anyone remember the LP called "Ozone" ?

• 26-02-2013 10:31pm
    Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,452 ✭✭✭

I was playing this album this evening and enjoying the fine music and playing therein. It was recorded sometime in the late 70's and features the late Noel Kelehan on piano, Frank Hess on bass, Keith Donald saxes, the late Mike Nolan trumpet, and the late Johnny Wadham on drums. As you can see, only two are still alive. The album is fairly rare and to my knowledge was never brought out on CD. It was also unusual in that the vinyl itself was blue in colour. This track from the album was penned by Mike Nolan and called "Spon Song".

Enjoy !

https://soundcloud.com/#mr-whippy-soundsystem/spon-song

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 640 ✭✭✭real rocker

Hi Rigsby,
    I have it on CD. Cargo Records I think but will check later.
    Some great tracks on it.

Rigsby wrote: »
    I was playing this album this evening and enjoying the fine music and playing therein. It was recorded sometime in the late 70's and features the late Noel Kelehan on piano, Frank Hess on bass, Keith Donald saxes, the late Mike Nolan trumpet, and the late Johnny Wadham on drums. As you can see, only two are still alive. The album is fairly rare and to my knowledge was never brought out on CD. It was also unusual in that the vinyl itself was blue in colour. This track from the album was penned by Mike Nolan and called "Spon Song".

Enjoy !

https://soundcloud.com/#mr-whippy-soundsystem/spon-song

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,452 ✭✭✭Rigsby

Hi Rigsby,
    I have it on CD. Cargo Records I think but will check later.
    Some great tracks on it.

Hi real rocker,

......on CD ??? :eek: I did not know it was released on CD. I was playing it on the original vinyl LP copy I bought when it first came out. Must get myself the CD, then I can play it in the car.

Yeah, some really amazing tracks on it. It was Cargo Records alright and AFAIK, it was the only record they ever brought out.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,805 ✭✭✭Setun

I don't know it actually but the name is familiar. Sounds good from the link you posted Rigsby.

Also, didn't realise Mr Whippy Soundsystem was on Soundcloud. He's put up some really nice mixes too!

• Registered Users Posts: 31 beechpark

Thanks for posting that Rigsby! Noel was a colleague of mine and I would love to get a copy of that album. Wonder what became of Cargo Records or who was behind them? Must investigate further.

Funny the name of the song is Spon Song. That was the name of Jim Doherty's publishing company which published his album called Spondance. Great album and it happens to be available here:

louisstewartjimdoherty.bandcamp.com

Download only but you can select higher then mp3 quality if you desire.

• Registered Users Posts: 31 beechpark

Today, Feb 6th in Noel Kelehan's 2nd anniversary and Ozone has been re-released for the occasion. Go to Bandcamp.com to hear samples and buy.

• Advertisement
Advertisement