Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

** Irish Oral **

• 26-02-2013 10:36pm
    Registered Users Posts: 27

Hi, I was wondering if anyone could give me some tips on how to prepare for these oral exams, I'll be doing Irish in a couple of months. How did you prepare or how are you planning to prepare?

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 42 jtaylol

For Irish the only real method of learning (for me, anyway) is to just chat with people, be they teachers, parents, siblings, friends etc. It helps being in an Irish school of course, but we focus mainly on grammar and nice phrases. Listen to RnaG or watch TG4- Ros na Rún is helpful because of the subtitles, helping you understand what's going on and recognising words. :)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 835 ✭✭✭kingcobra

You really just got to keep talking Irish to other people and to be regularly doing mock oral exams or at least a few questions every so often. If you were given the questions in the oral test as a written test I reckon you would really well in it, the difference for the actual oral is just processing this vocabulary you have in your head to saying it out aloud, along with the correct tense.

And by the way make sure you know the Sraith Pictiúr! It's probably the most overlooked thing of the test and most people do pretty bad in them, including me! :P

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,026 ✭✭✭Leaving Cert Student

Do out a plan for each sraithpictiúr and aim for 100% on the poem. No excuses if you don't master the two of them. After that it will get tougher but I am going to have a plan done out of key phrases for every q they can ask me and hopefully that will come back to me on the day!

Advertisement