Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

EVER WANTED TO PLAY DODGEBALL

Options
  • 26-02-2013 10:39pm
    Registered Users Posts: 317 ✭✭

Hi guys

I'm involved with the Irish Dodgeball Association and with the help of others I have created a new club in Waterford, the Waterford Dodgeball Club.

Dodgeball is a great sport to get involved in that both males and females can play and enjoy together. It's a lot of fun BUT it's also very competitive too. It's an offically recognised sport in the UK and they hold national and regional tournaments through out the year, we're hoping to do the same in Ireland in the near future too especially after the huge success of our recent All Ireland Tournament.

Our first night is tomorrow 27th Feb, De La Salle College, Newtown Rd. Waterford. 19:00-20:00. €5 per person to play.

The club is open to male and female players, new dodgeballers as well as experienced dodgeballers.

If your interested then please PM me or send an email to bernard@dodgeball.ie and I'll be more than happy to reply to any queries about dodgeball.

We will have a web site up and running soon for now you can visit us on Facebook - http://www.facebook.com/home.php?ref=home#!/WaterfordDodgeballClub?bookmark_t=page

and for more info on dodgeball you can also visit www.dodgeball.ie

Regards

Bernard

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 3,196 ✭✭✭CardBordWindow

Delighted it's back in Waterford.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,704 ✭✭✭Doylers

dodge duck dip dive and dodge :D:D:D

• Registered Users Posts: 317 ✭✭The_Shotz

Doylers wrote: »
    dodge duck dip dive and dodge :D:D:D

Got it in 5 doylers!!!

• Registered Users Posts: 50 ✭✭twistables

Bonjo

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,326 ✭✭✭Jason Todd

Would have to recommend this to everyone, great laugh, decent workout if you get into it! I'd love to be playing again this year but can't do Wednesdays unfortunately.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 3,196 ✭✭✭CardBordWindow

Jason Todd wrote: »
    Would have to recommend this to everyone, great laugh, decent workout if you get into it! I'd love to be playing again this year but can't do Wednesdays unfortunately.
    Re-arrange your schedule! :D

Great turn out for the first night, already looking forward to next week, same time same place folks.

If anyone wants a break from dodging the rain we're playing again tonight, so why not dodge some dodgeballs for a change.

De la salle college 19:00-20:00

€5 per person, if your new to the game just ask for bernard, brian or Derek and we'll show you the ropes.

• Registered Users Posts: 963 ✭✭✭cococoady

Dodgeball in Waterford is still going strong.
    We have now extended the hours available to play.

On Monday nights we have a more serious training session over in Kilmacow Community Centre from 6:30pm to 8pm.

On Wednesday nights we go back to De La Salle College for the more relaxed and friendly game where we have a laugh. Time is now from 7pm to 8:30pm.

Both nights are just €5 but for those who are coming along for the first time it will be free of charge.

So folks you have nothing to lose by coming along one if the nights.

Here is a link to a Harlem Shake video we made at our Fancy Dress last night in De La Salle

http://youtu.be/KFrVmKChZj4

• Registered Users Posts: 9,187 ✭✭✭kensutz

Coco if they saw the pics of you in your fancy dress they'll run a mile away :D

• Advertisement

kensutz wrote: »
    Coco if they saw the pics of you in your fancy dress they'll run a mile away :D

I was lovely. What ya on about :-)

• Registered Users Posts: 2,791 ✭✭✭taytobreath

are ye all fellas and do those balls hurt if ya get a slap of it in the snotser

are ye all fellas and do those balls hurt if ya get a slap of it in the snotser

Not all fellas. There do be a few women there aswell.
    The balls are soft but you would feel it if it hit u straight in the face at full force.

Ya thinking of coming along?

cococoady wrote: »
    Not all fellas. There do be a few women there aswell.
    The balls are soft but you would feel it if it hit u straight in the face at full force.

Ya thinking of coming along?

haha I dont no yet, but I know your some dancer boy. Irish dancing.

In fairness it looks like a great set up. Not sure yet though.

haha I dont no yet, but I know your some dancer boy. Irish dancing.

In fairness it looks like a great set up. Not sure yet though.

I wasn't Irish dancing in that vid.

Come down and give it a go. Like I posted above its free if it's ur first time playing. Bring a few friends aswell

cococoady wrote: »
    I wasn't Irish dancing in that vid.

Come down and give it a go. Like I posted above its free if it's ur first time playing. Bring a few friends aswell
    I was looking at your other videos. Is there regular nose bleeds and injuries at these events?

I was looking at your other videos. Is there regular nose bleeds and injuries at these events?

Ah right haha.

I've never seen a nosebleed at a game before.
    There was one chap who fell over going back wards and broke his little finger as he landed awkwardly.
    Worst I've seen yet.
    The only injury ya can get is stiffness from throwing the ball lol

Did ya have a look at all the dodgeball videos on my YouTube ??

no not all of them but it looks great, I dunno about giving it ago yet though.

no not all of them but it looks great, I dunno about giving it ago yet though.

Fair enough. If ya want to come down and watch the first night that's grand aswell. Have a chat with a few of the lads and watch the game, feel the balls etc

Chech out the Facebook page aswell and give it a like https://m.facebook.com/WaterfordDodgeballClub?id=328584973923366&_rdr

• Advertisement
Advertisement