Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

X Box and Vodafone sharing dock

Options
  • 26-02-2013 10:49pm
    Registered Users Posts: 776 ✭✭✭

Hi All,
    I am trying to get X Box live for the kids using mobile broadband through a Vodafone sharing dock connected to Xbox with ethernet cable but the X Box keeps telling me there is no internet available and also something like MTU or something like that.
    Not very tech savy as regards games consoles.
    Any help appreciated.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 4,188 ✭✭✭pH

Yea I ran into exactly the same MTU problem last summer trying to use a dongle and an R101 hotspot - never found a solution instead set up a mobile hotspot on my android phone (also vodafone).

I needed to use the R101 as I put the actual usb fob outside on a pole in a bag and used a long usb extender to connect back to the r101 - as reception inside the house is rubbish.

If you find a solution let me know!

Advertisement