Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Canceling Paypal Payments

Options
  • 27-02-2013 12:44am
    Registered Users Posts: 77 ✭✭

Hi guys, just want to get some info on paypal. The story is I'm thinking of buying tickets off a third party and they want the payment through Paypal. I'm just wondering if the tickets turn out to be fake can I cancel the payment? I was hoping to bring the tickets straight into Ticketmaster on the day I receive them in the post and if they're counterfeit to cancel.

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 10,968 ✭✭✭✭Praetorian Saighdiuir

Helpdesk

• Registered Users Posts: 19,188 ✭✭✭✭MrStuffins

I dunno.

Give me your username and password and i'll check it out for you!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 14,380 ✭✭✭✭Banjo String

• Registered Users Posts: 16,194 ✭✭✭✭Grayson

Depends on if it's sent as a payment for goods or a direct transfer. The first option you have some limited coverage, the second you have absolutely none. Except claiming a chargeback on your credit card.

Just buy them in person or through a site like stubhub.

• Registered Users Posts: 77 ✭✭Blani

Thanks for the info Grayson.

• Advertisement
  • Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 85 ✭✭Fannyhead

What concert is it?

WWE Raw.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 85 ✭✭Fannyhead

Fake wrestling. Cool.

What's your favourite TV show?

• Registered Users Posts: 5,652 ✭✭✭fasttalkerchat

I thought you could do it instantly but paypal opened a dispute case instead. After a few days of waiting they ruled in my favour but even now I have to wait a few days to get the money into my account.
    In future I'll know to use a credit card for anything like that.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 6,496 ✭✭✭Boombastic

Blani wrote: »
    Hi guys, just want to get some info on paypal. The story is I'm thinking of buying tickets off a third party and they want the payment through Paypal. I'm just wondering if the tickets turn out to be fake can I cancel the payment? I was hoping to bring the tickets straight into Ticketmaster on the day I receive them in the post and if they're counterfeit to cancel.

Tickets can not be sold for profit, it's a term and condition of ticketmaster. They may cancel tickets they see for sale on the internet. Another scam is that the seller will report the ticket lost/stole to ticketmaster and get them reissued after they send them to you. You mightn't find out until you reach the venue. Ticketmaster will side with them. Just be careful :)

Thank you both for the advice.

• Registered Users Posts: 507 ✭✭✭AH92

Fannyhead wrote: »
    Fake wrestling. Cool.

No **** sherlock it is called world wrestling entertainment....Anyway OP if they do turn out to be fake jut try to dispute it with paypal, make sure you are using the option buying goods though and not as a gift.

• Registered Users Posts: 81,222 ✭✭✭✭biko

Wrestling is not gay if you don't make eye contact.

• Registered Users Posts: 399 ✭✭IceFjoem

AH92 wrote: »
    No **** sherlock it is called world wrestling entertainment....

BOOM!

• Registered Users Posts: 22,198 ✭✭✭✭Esel

biko wrote: »
    Wrestling is not gay if you don't make eye contact.
    Which eye though?

Not your ornery onager

Advertisement