Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Please help. High Ping.

Options
  • 27-02-2013 1:06am
    Closed Accounts Posts: 1,422 ✭✭✭

Up until about Christmas my ping was pretty decent. At the time I was using the old Netopia router but it died after about 4 years of use. I ordered a new modem and it arrived about 2 or 3 weeks ago. Plugged the new modem in and started browsing the internet only to realise that something seemed off. I ran a number of speed tests both on the Eircom site and on the speedtest site. My ping was averaging around 90ms. I put it down to the possibility of a poor modem.

4 days ago I ordered a TP Link TD-W8960N modem router. Again, I plugged it in and noticed no difference. My download and upload speeds are great but my ping, once again, is hovering around 90ms. I live out in Cabinteely in Dun Laoghaire. I know recently they found a fault with the line around my area and it supposedly has been repaired. If that is the case, it seems to have made matters much worse for me. Any and all help would be greatly appreciated.
    Thanks in Advance,
    Sárán.

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,831 ✭✭✭eircom: Alan

Sarz91 wrote: »
    Up until about Christmas my ping was pretty decent. At the time I was using the old Netopia router but it died after about 4 years of use. I ordered a new modem and it arrived about 2 or 3 weeks ago. Plugged the new modem in and started browsing the internet only to realise that something seemed off. I ran a number of speed tests both on the Eircom site and on the speedtest site. My ping was averaging around 90ms. I put it down to the possibility of a poor modem.

4 days ago I ordered a TP Link TD-W8960N modem router. Again, I plugged it in and noticed no difference. My download and upload speeds are great but my ping, once again, is hovering around 90ms. I live out in Cabinteely in Dun Laoghaire. I know recently they found a fault with the line around my area and it supposedly has been repaired. If that is the case, it seems to have made matters much worse for me. Any and all help would be greatly appreciated.
    Thanks in Advance,
    Sárán.

Hi Sarz91

If you would like to PM me your account details I will look to see if there are any issues with your line? however, I will not be able to provide Direct support to issues with Ping levels if no issues exist with your line or speeds.

Regards

Al

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,422 ✭✭✭Sarz91

Hi Sarz91

If you would like to PM me your account details I will look to see if there are any issues with your line? however, I will not be able to provide Direct support to issues with Ping levels if no issues exist with your line or speeds.

Regards

Al
    I just sent you on my details there. 
    Thanks again.

I just sent you on my details there. 
    Thanks again.

Hi Sarz91

I have just now replied to your PM

Regards

Al

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,422 ✭✭✭Sarz91

Thanks very much for your help Alan. I appreciate the time taken to answer my question. Best bit of customer service I've received from anyone in a long time.
    Thanks again.

Thanks very much for your help Alan. I appreciate the time taken to answer my question. Best bit of customer service I've received from anyone in a long time.
    Thanks again.
    Hi Sarz91

Thanks for the feedback. Keep in touch If you ever have any outher queries in the future.

Besat wishes

Al

• Advertisement
Advertisement