Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Can anyone recommend a french course in paris this summer?

• 27-02-2013 1:14am
    Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 332 ✭✭

I presume they'll be so expensive...would prefer Paris to elsewhere unless anyone has a really compelling argument for somewhere else

Comments

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 4,991 ✭✭✭mathepac

Canada, Louisiana, the Congo?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 332 ✭✭HeadPig

mathepac wrote: »
    Canada, Louisiana, the Congo?

In Paris, France.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,767 ✭✭✭La_Gordy

Paris in the summertime is quite boring as a lot of locals leave. Perhaps somewhere like Bordeaux would have good courses, an enjoyable atmosphere and plenty French people to practice with.

La_Gordy wrote: »
    Paris in the summertime is quite boring as a lot of locals leave. Perhaps somewhere like Bordeaux would have good courses, an enjoyable atmosphere and plenty French people to practice with.

Good suggestion. Do you know of any particular courses?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 389 ✭✭unknowngirl!!

+1 on not going to Paris to spend a Summer! You really would be putting a lot of extra expense on yourself.

I would recommend Toulouse for a Summer stay. You'll have a much friendly reception from the locals and wonderful weather!

I would recommend this course http://en.alliance-toulouse.org/r346-les-stages-d-ete-de-l-alliance-francaise-de-toulouse.html

If you even went for 4 weeks it would be amazing and you would see huge progress in your language ability! I would strongly advise you to get accommodation through AF and to stay with a host family. I'd organise my own food though!

Bonne Chance!

• Advertisement

+1 on not going to Paris to spend a Summer! You really would be putting a lot of extra expense on yourself.

I would recommend Toulouse for a Summer stay. You'll have a much friendly reception from the locals and wonderful weather!

I would recommend this course http://en.alliance-toulouse.org/r346-les-stages-d-ete-de-l-alliance-francaise-de-toulouse.html

If you even went for 4 weeks it would be amazing and you would see huge progress in your language ability! I would strongly advise you to get accommodation through AF and to stay with a host family. I'd organise my own food though!

Bonne Chance!

What would you think of going to Toulouse, putting up in a hostel there and just going to a separate french course by day

• Closed Accounts Posts: 750 ✭✭✭playedalive

Well if you're staying in a hostel, you would be mostly speaking English (a lot of tourists would just speak English). Host family would be the best way to improve your French.

Advertisement